Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Anyone remember how long CoD is?  (Read 11835 times)

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2010, 06:32:57 PM »

wtf are you talking about?you steal from DEath the death pulse and that's it...other steals are alright and easy...

It's not a question of difficulty, but of lack of interest in the game.  I think CoD is the only map-based CV in which I didn't feel like getting all 100% of the map explored.

Comprende?

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2010, 06:39:07 PM »
I should probably beat COD soon. Just to get it out of the way.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2010, 06:55:21 PM »

It took me some 13 hours to finish it, but it felt like 40 hours cause the game is so fundamentally boring. The levels are too big and empty and Hector is a bit slow. Or maybe he just seems slow cause the levels are so large. Anyway, the game moves at a snails pace.
However, the soundtrack is terrific, one of my all-time favorites.

Also, I don't see how anyone could say that CoD has better graphics than LoI?
To each his own, I guess...

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2010, 11:32:30 PM »
It took me some 13 hours to finish it, but it felt like 40 hours cause the game is so fundamentally boring. The levels are too big and empty and Hector is a bit slow. Or maybe he just seems slow cause the levels are so large. Anyway, the game moves at a snails pace.

Hector does move slow. He's slower then Leon. And it doesn't help that the levels are a lot larger. I've found that constantly using Hector's double somersault techneque will greatly speed up the process of gameplay.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Anyone remember how long CoD is?
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2010, 09:57:43 AM »
As mentioned earlier, the game seems slow because Hector runs slow and the areas a too large.  I also think that is seems long because many of the rooms look the same and there is a fair amount of back-tracking if you are trying to get everything.

However, I think that the music and the story make the game worth it.  I still think that LoI was better though.  The only things LoI was missing were warp rooms that would eliminate back-tracking.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2010, 11:55:59 AM »
i thought LoI had warp rooms. They were the magical transporters in the boss chambers after the bosses had been beaten.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2010, 02:38:40 PM »
lol I knew this would turn into a CoD bash thread. You people are all too predictable.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2010, 03:13:11 PM »
CoD gets a lot of hate of what it is (or what it tried to be), not to mention being a pseudo-sequel to CVIII. But when it was released in back in Nov. '05 I was rather excited about it & bought it first day. But in retrospect.. I realize they could've/should've done a lot more with the engine, refining the stage layouts and such. But other than that I still have no problem with the music, cutscenes, characters and other stuff here & there.

I'd imagine if CoD was given the budget and effort LoS is getting, it'd probably be the best Castlevania ever.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2010, 03:22:51 PM »

CoD had excellent music, but I can't really get over the fact that the game was light years behind its competition on the PS2 in terms of level design, graphics and gameplay mechanics. Put CoD next to GoW and I would've never guessed they're playing on the same console. I'm being extra hard on this game because it's Castlevania and I always expect it to be better than all the rest. The PS2 era unfortunately changed that.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2010, 04:28:20 PM »
i thought LoI had warp rooms. They were the magical transporters in the boss chambers after the bosses had been beaten.

-X
it did and didn't.  it had teleportors that took you to the beginning of each individual area, but nothing to take you for a point in one area to a point in another.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline ReinhardtSchneider

• Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2010, 12:49:52 PM »
I have yet to play Curse of Darkness, though I really want to.  It looks awesome but everyone seems to hate it. I'm looking forward to getting it.

Offline Innovator

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2010, 04:49:47 PM »
I'm looking forward to getting it.

Do what you want, dude. But this game has really nothing to do with Castlevania. It's a quite good standard-game, but Castlevania was ABOVE every other games in the past...

Offline Vatican29

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2010, 09:59:03 PM »
I have yet to play Curse of Darkness, though I really want to.  It looks awesome but everyone seems to hate it. I'm looking forward to getting it.

Like every other game in the series, from CVI all the way up to CoD, it has its qualities and downfalls.

Bud, not THAT bad of a title.  Get it, pummel it, and enjoy it.  By now it is worth the 15 bucks you'll spend.

Offline Innovator

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2010, 11:56:51 PM »

As said, just play it and you'll understand. It's not the worse game on earth, but I can tell you there's nothing Awesome in it.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2010, 01:35:10 AM »
Too long! *buddum-tzh*

My first playthrough was about 12 hours long.

Tags:

anything