Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Japanese PSX SOTN — two versions  (Read 3838 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: April 02, 2010, 12:23:26 AM »
So there are two versions of Dracula X: Nocturne in the Moonlight on the PlayStation, one being the regular one, the other being in the PlayStation the Best line.

According to the Castlevania Dungeon, in the Best version, the pixie will sing "Nocturne" to you. Is this the only difference?
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline BelmontClan64

• Retro & castlevania pro.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Japanese PSX SOTN — two versions
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 01:58:23 AM »
hi,,,seems you love to play NitM so much. I can tell you NitM is one of my best 3 CV i addicted to...
Besides the point you mentioned, I know that most of the glitches Does not work in the 'Best' Sotn version too.  ;)

It's valuable to have a regular copy to have extra funs on those glitches and gain extra percentage of mapping,,
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 02:03:27 AM by BelmontCLaN64 »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 01:31:38 PM »
Yeah, I've played through the game I don't even know how many times. I bought the Japanese version a while ago, to see what it was like unchanged with the two other familiars and such (and also to have the included art book and music CD), and have been contemplating buying the Best version just to hear the song in-game, ha.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline VGuyver

• Haunted by Typo's
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Haunted by Typo's
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 11:25:16 PM »
you know, now that you mentioned it. I never heard the English version of Nocturn.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 01:07:02 AM »
Do you own The Dracula X Chronicles? If so, just check it out in that. :o Or download the song (it's on the Dracula X Chronicles OST).

Or click this link, ha ha: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRAbUE1wSg4

I believe it's the same singer as the Japanese version, if I'm not mistaken.

I don't like it as much as the Japanese version because I find the "No more dreams to dream," etc. line (at 0:43) really grating.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline VGuyver

• Haunted by Typo's
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Haunted by Typo's
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 07:59:42 AM »
thanks for the post. As for the line, not too bad. Just slightly off pitch in comparison to the rest of the song. Overall, this is a bit more enjoyable to me then the Japanese version. I usually prefer Japanese versions, but this is an exception.

Offline BelmontClan64

• Retro & castlevania pro.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 09:28:15 AM »
Do you own The Dracula X Chronicles? If so, just check it out in that. :o Or download the song (it's on the Dracula X Chronicles OST).

Or click this link, ha ha: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRAbUE1wSg4

I believe it's the same singer as the Japanese version, if I'm not mistaken.

I don't like it as much as the Japanese version because I find the "No more dreams to dream," etc. line (at 0:43) really grating.

'Nocturne' is IMPRESSIVE indeed! BOth versions are excellent. But my preference is japanese version as it brings me more 'origin' feeling.

Anyway it's worth to get a copy of best version/Dracula X Chronicles version to hear the song. Thanks for the info.

Offline Darth Cariss

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 04:19:28 PM »
Never even noticed they added this to the PSP version. Too bad my PSP broke...

The english version is better by far, for me.

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 06:35:35 PM »
I wasn't sure about how to react to the English version of a song I've adored since discovering it with XAPlayer in 1998.  It's either,

"That faerie just became one of the hottest characters in the game."

or

"No.  THIS CANNOT BE...!!!  BUWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHaaaaaaag h...aa...a...::FLAMEUP NOISE, FLAMEUP NOISE, Flameup noise..."

...this time I read through the whole thing and I don't really think that's what's going on in the song.  I cued up the JPNZ one, listened closely, and decided I should stick to my gut more often.  Reaction B. 

Tags:

anything