Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Thought of an interesting boss idea  (Read 5732 times)

Offline VGuyver

• Haunted by Typo's
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Haunted by Typo's
    • Awards
Re: Thought of an interesting boss idea
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2010, 11:00:56 PM »
I'm with the shaft Idea, he was behind the control. Succubus to control others through their memories and illusions. I also doubt anyone other then Shaft was responsible because none of the enemies in the castle, including bosses appeared until it manifested. The Castle didn't appear until Richter was controlled and summoned the Castle Himself. so that leaves only Shaft to of done the act, unless somehow Succubus and Orlox were out there aiding him.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 05:57:22 PM »
I think any new boss concept is a good thing. This idea sounds solid to me. A succubus that had, until previously, seduced all vampire hunters that came to the castle but failed due to their own egos, weakness', etc, all woowed in by a vilumptous demon woman. Then the Belmont or whatever other hero comes along and is not tempted by her. So naturally she get's pissed and sics her hord of tempted sex toys on you which you subdue (kill or whatever) then after all that she takes you on herself. I think it would be a brutal because you aren't fighting monsters, your fighting humans which might have a more segnifigant sting on the Belmont's moral code of conduct. But the succubus herself is a demon so the hero won't think twicw about doing her in.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 09:37:40 AM »
I think any new boss concept is a good thing. This idea sounds solid to me. A succubus that had, until previously, seduced all vampire hunters that came to the castle but failed due to their own egos, weakness', etc, all woowed in by a vilumptous demon woman. Then the Belmont or whatever other hero comes along and is not tempted by her. So naturally she get's pissed and sics her hord of tempted sex toys on you which you subdue (kill or whatever) then after all that she takes you on herself. I think it would be a brutal because you aren't fighting monsters, your fighting humans which might have a more segnifigant sting on the Belmont's moral code of conduct. But the succubus herself is a demon so the hero won't think twicw about doing her in.

-X
I don't know about that.  After all, Richter killed Shaft in RoB and Shaft was a human.  Then again, if the attacking humans were under a spell, the hero would likely try to free them from the spell.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline Bad Wolf

• Born of the Time Vortex
  • Hunter in Training
  • I am returned from centuries slept
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 09:50:14 AM »
I don't know about that.  After all, Richter killed Shaft in RoB and Shaft was a human.  Then again, if the attacking humans were under a spell, the hero would likely try to free them from the spell.

Which will make it all the more tragic when there is NO WAY TO FREE THEM. Let's just give that old moral compass a spin, shall we?
Buh-da-da-dum buh-da-da-dum buh-da-da-dum dum dum!

oo oo ooooo oooo-ooooo!

Offline Artanis

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 12:12:07 PM »
Personally, I'd like to see a Belmont becoming evil by his own free will as a boss. He should also be an important secondary villain as to give the story of the game a greater sense of urgency and gloom("Oh noes Belmont sided with Dracula we're doomed!!!").

The story for him could be that he was fed up with being forced from childhood into training to become this hero and he wants to put an end to the family curse by insuring Dracula triumphs. It would be even better if he's just flat out killed by the hero instead of some lame cop out where he's "saved".

Tags: