Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: And now for something completely inconsequential to existing CV canon  (Read 12027 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Pardon my last entry; Shanoa isn't a Belmont AND not using the Vampirekiller.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Actually, what's up with all of the 2D CV games lately having no focus on whips? I was all excited for POR, but then all of the whips wound up being really useless (unless I'm missing something on how to use them properly). They should've just done away with swords and spears entirely, or else made the whips considerably more powerful—especially the Vampire Killer, for crying out loud, which if I recall, you only get to use at the very end because otherwise you don't have the power for it. Huge disappointment. "Hey, this game's got whips! (But what I won't tell you is they all really suck!)"—IGA
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline narkolepsi

• sha na na
  • Vampire Hunter
  • it's been awhile hasn't it
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • top zel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)

Actually, what's up with all of the 2D CV games lately having no focus on whips? I was all excited for POR, but then all of the whips wound up being really useless (unless I'm missing something on how to use them properly). They should've just done away with swords and spears entirely, or else made the whips considerably more powerful—especially the Vampire Killer, for crying out loud, which if I recall, you only get to use at the very end because otherwise you don't have the power for it. Huge disappointment. "Hey, this game's got whips! (But what I won't tell you is they all really suck!)"—IGA

Totally agreed. And even after you defeat Richter and all, it still isn't as powerful as you would think it would be, especially when Richter could scourge Jonathan into pieces with a couple of hits. Then again, maybe it has something to do with being a Morris, or because Richter is super strong by nature? I don't know. I worked backwards in the series, so when I got to Circle of the Moon, I finally had the chance to say, "Yay, a whip!"
with love and squalor, narkolepsi - back to the lab again!
tumblr

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Well I don't know if the whip's power is greater or weaker if your a Morris or Belmont. After all Jon Morris from Bloodlines was using the Vampirekiller and at level 3 was the strongest weapon in that game. The Alucard spear, though it was interesting to use was not as powerful. The Alucard spear at level 3 was equal in power to the vampirekiller at level 2. Note: I'm not refering to their special attacks.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Well I don't know if the whip's power is greater or weaker if your a Morris or Belmont. After all Jon Morris from Bloodlines was using the Vampirekiller and at level 3 was the strongest weapon in that game. The Alucard spear, though it was interesting to use was not as powerful. The Alucard spear at level 3 was equal in power to the vampirekiller at level 2. Note: I'm not refering to their special attacks.

-X

If the morris/charlotte game is to be believed... the power of the VK isn't unlocked unless they unlock it's memory.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
More than that, among my disappointments with PoR was not having John Morris and Eric Lecarde instead of Richter/Maria.

Don't get me wrong, I love the DS games, but there's far too much furious Rondo of Blood masturbation in them.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
More than that, among my disappointments with PoR was not having John Morris and Eric Lecarde instead of Richter/Maria.

Don't get me wrong, I love the DS games, but there's far too much furious Rondo of Blood masturbation in them.

Meh, the game sucked... upgrades for your specials are lame, and take a ridiculously long time. So if you aren't trying to do it, you are unlikely to max more than 1. The stages are crazily badly designed. Just... soooo much gone wrong.

Anywho... I used that specific phrasing because I'm hoping IGA goes... wtf was I thinking, retcon!

Tags: