Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Puzzle Game 'Encore of the Night'- iPhone  (Read 26262 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania Puzzle Game 'Encore of the Night'- iPhone
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2010, 11:17:11 AM »
DROID version, plz & thnkyou! :P
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2010, 01:47:31 PM »
I played it again today and it was kind of addicting..one level more, one more, one more! Early levels are short because the enemies are weak. I wonder how it gets later..Still haven′t used the spells nor cards. For now it has been just the basic stuff, some new equipment, experience points..I like the game for a quick play on the go, for a phone game with a touch screen it′s done well.

Offline narkolepsi

• sha na na
  • Vampire Hunter
  • it's been awhile hasn't it
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • top zel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2010, 06:17:42 AM »
I am dying to get my hands on this now!! I hope it comes out in the US very soon...
with love and squalor, narkolepsi - back to the lab again!
tumblr

Offline nsideus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2010, 08:24:00 AM »
It is likely releasing in the US tonight, the app store refreshes around midnight or so every Thursday. 

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2010, 11:07:24 AM »
It makes me want to replay SOTN right now, so I will rather go play SOTN and save this Encore for times while waiting in lines somewhere..The phone is the only thing I always carry with me, so it might come in handy one day.

Offline narkolepsi

• sha na na
  • Vampire Hunter
  • it's been awhile hasn't it
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • top zel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2010, 03:37:21 PM »
It is likely releasing in the US tonight, the app store refreshes around midnight or so every Thursday.

I actually had that notion, considering the app store's cycle and Konami's love of Thursdays, and I hope it's true.

Also, I second the need for an Android version. I have an iPod touch, but my cell phone is the Droid, and I love it.
with love and squalor, narkolepsi - back to the lab again!
tumblr

Offline Hydrostorm

• Actually, I prefer the Holy Cross.
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2010, 07:53:06 PM »
DROID version, plz & thnkyou! :P

I third this notion, I too own a Droid. I need this!! :(
++Acquired Holy Water++

Offline nsideus

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2010, 08:28:46 PM »
OMG it's out on the US app store!  Buy it now!

Offline angevil

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 09:24:22 PM by angevil »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2010, 04:47:27 PM »
Been playing it on my ipod touch, and I gotta say, it isn't that bad. Definately a good time killer, it has some deep ideas. Still at the beginning but I think I got the gist of the gameplay..

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2010, 08:06:54 AM »
OMG it's out on the US app store!  Buy it now!

Overreact much?

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2010, 08:36:58 AM »
I hope it comes out on the ds or psp or something, cause I doubt there will be a version for blackberrys
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Dracul

• Demon Lord
  • Hunter in Training
    • Demon Castle Dracula (CastleVania)
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2010, 05:32:35 PM »
One of the few times i didn't have to buy a console for one game I already had it lol.  Its a fun if you like puzzle games much got it anyways for completeness.

My 3G 64-bit Ipod Touch is jailbroken anyways so i can play rondo of blood, nes, snes and gens castlevanias and in theory the psx ones, tho i haven't gotten them (psx ones) to work past the title screen yet.

Second to that the psp with Custom Firmware is the best cv portable thing for completess, followed by the wii which i noticed Rondo finally game out officially for, which i went and bought on the wii virtual console store immedialy lol.

Offline jimmay17

• "Naysayer"
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2010, 04:42:49 PM »
I've invested a good three hours or so in the game now, and I'd say overall its worth the 5$ for a Castlevania and/or puzzle game fan. The RPG aspects are handled pretty well, and the gameplay is easily adapted to within a few matches.

I do have a few customary gripes, though:

-Only Alucard, Death, Maria, and some of the lesser enemies sprites have been redone in higher definition. Much of the time the 'versus' pre-match screens will show a smooth, higher detail character model standing next to a ripped-directly from SotN pixels and all version.

-Though the music changes as you navigate through the areas of the castle, in the matches themselves its always the same score over and over again, and it gets annoying after awhile.

-The touch screen sensitivity seems a little wonky, although it could be my iphone case.

Other than that, its a swell time!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 04:44:47 PM by jimmay17 »
If I forgot "everything I knew about Castlevania" I certainly wouldn't be excited about a new one coming out now would I?

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2010, 09:46:23 PM »
Now that it's out, do we know who the secret character is?  Galamoth?  Olrox?  Master Librarian?  Ferryman?  Trevor/Sypha/Grant? 

Tags:

anything