Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: castlevania soundtrack "restoration" project  (Read 20688 times)

Offline bucky

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: The Adventure Soundtrack ("remastered")
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2010, 09:09:20 PM »
That's great help, thanks!
That leaves two Castlevania Legends tracks I'm uncertain on-
(gbs track # --> track name --> logical track order for when it's tagged and done)

01 - Title [01]
02 - Game Select [02]
03 - Prologue [03]
04 - Stage 1 - Bloody Tears [04]
05 - Stage 2 - Inside the Castle [05]
06 - Stage 3 - Clock Tower of Darkness [06]
07 - Stage 4 - Highest Castle Floor [07]
08 - Stage 5 - Undergound Watercourse [08]
09 - Secret Stage - Dungeon of Silence [09]
10 - Unused - "Okada 1" [22]
11 - Boss Battle [10]
12 - Alucard Battle [14]
13 - Unused - "Okada E" [23]
14 - Count Dracula Battle [16]
15 - Vampire Killer (Last Battle) [17]
16 - Ending [18]
17 - Gatekeeper (Mini-Boss) [11]
18 - Talking to Alucard [13]
19 - Taling to Dracula [15]
20 - Unused - Continue [21]
21 - Epilogue [19]
22 - Trap Room [12]
23 - Unused - Player Lost [20]

Two titles not well clarified from the OST are "The Castle Lord's Room" and "Dracula Castle Cathedral". I take it those are 'Talking to Alucard' and 'Talking to Dracula'? That's all that's really left after process of elimination. The ost appears to leave out 3 of the other unused tracks, but that's okay, I don't really need better titles for those (especially since they don't exist!).
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 09:15:19 PM by bucky »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2010, 10:04:51 PM »
I'm not sure which songs are which. I could upload my AAC rips of the Legends tunes from the box set if you have iTunes or anything that plays AACs; otherwise I could re-rip to MP3.

And with Konami's track record of placing a song out of sequence and giving it the wrong song title on their Castlevania OSTs, there may be a couple misnamed tracks on the CD.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline bucky

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2010, 12:32:09 AM »
Ah yeah, if you wouldn't mind re-ripping to mp3 that would be sweet.
I'm done sampling everything, just gonna wait to see if I should re-tag anything first. I'll also put it all up on youtube... either tomorrow night or the next. :)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2010, 07:49:19 AM »
Remembered I still have the MP3 rips someone else had made, so here ya go.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline bucky

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2010, 10:00:01 AM »
Thanks again! And would you look at that? The quality here is solid. They didn't smother it in reverb like most of their other early soundtracks. I guess what'll make my rip still worth it is that I'm including a couple things they left out. :) My rips are a lot louder too, although that's not exactly an indication of improved quality. That's probably just because I didn't have to worry about mastering them to fit on a CD with songs from other soundtracks...

Offline bucky

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: castlevania soundtrack "restoration" project
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2010, 02:18:37 AM »
Legends is up! I renamed the thread and cleaned up the first post so it's not just about the first soundtrack. I initially posted about this project here, in case anyone wants to check out the conversation thus far.

More to come later...
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 02:20:23 AM by bucky »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2010, 08:52:44 AM »
Cool stuff. Keep up the good work.

By the way, what did "Talking to Alucard" and "Talking to Dracula" end up being titled on your rips? I'm guessing those are "The Castle Lord's Room" and "Dracula Castle Cathedral", respectively.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 09:03:32 AM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline bucky

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2010, 10:29:26 AM »
Ah yes, they did turn into those. 'Unused Piece of Music' became 'Unused - Okada 1', because there are two different versions of it. Okada E is slightly different.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2010, 10:47:09 AM »
Yeah, I noticed "Okada E" is slightly bassier and gloomier. Otherwise it's almost identical, ha. Still, I think I actually prefer it over "Okada 1".
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2010, 04:15:24 PM »
Thanks for posting these  ;D

One thing I'd really like to see is extended versions of some CV music. For instance, I enjoy listening to CV music quite often, but it sucks that the tracks are usually over within a minute and a half or two minutes tops.
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline bucky

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2010, 04:21:17 PM »
Have you tried listening to some of the soundtracks in their emulated formats, like .nsf, .gbs, etc? You can listen to the NES and Game Boy soundtracks with infinite looping on tracks that don't end.

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2010, 05:18:16 PM »
Have you tried listening to some of the soundtracks in their emulated formats, like .nsf, .gbs, etc? You can listen to the NES and Game Boy soundtracks with infinite looping on tracks that don't end.

Yes, I can just put anything on infinite loop in iTunes, but that doesn't really work for music from say SotN. As of now, when I make a mix, any song I want a "longer" version of I just double or triple up, but you still get the song break because of the fade at the end.

Oh well, in the scheme of things in my life, it's not really important.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2010, 05:20:16 PM »
My brother did make WAV rips of SOTN tunes and then burned them to CD long, long ago. I've got AAC rips of those two CDs with the extended tunes if you're fine with AACs; otherwise, I could try and get the CDs from him and re-rip to MP3.

Also, relatedly: I have the Haunted Castle OST that came with the Oretachi Game Center Zoku PS2 release of the game. Unlike the music that's part of the big box set, the music didn't go through any post-production. If anyone's interested, I could upload that.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 05:22:22 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2010, 05:39:35 PM »
My brother did make WAV rips of SOTN tunes and then burned them to CD long, long ago. I've got AAC rips of those two CDs with the extended tunes if you're fine with AACs; otherwise, I could try and get the CDs from him and re-rip to MP3.

Also, relatedly: I have the Haunted Castle OST that came with the Oretachi Game Center Zoku PS2 release of the game. Unlike the music that's part of the big box set, the music didn't go through any post-production. If anyone's interested, I could upload that.

Yes, that would be awesome  ;D

AAc's are fine btw, as I can just convert them. Thanks  ;D

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2010, 04:36:57 PM »
Here we are:

Part 1 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5NZCTCYY
Part 2 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=750P1KS3

These are the Symphony of the Night rips my brother made like twelve years ago. He was unsatisfied with the official OST and its short songs, so he took these from the game CD, edited each song to a length he was satisfied with, and then converted them to WAVE files. Unfortunately, the WAVEs are long gone (they took up a massive amount of space for a computer in 1998), but he burned them to two CDs. I re-ripped them both to VBR 320kbps MP3 and then ripped the two "Dracula's Castle (Remix)" tracks from my game CDs for the best quality.

Also, about the Haunted Castle CD I mentioned earlier, I uploaded it and a bunch of other stuff in this thread:

http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=2703.msg49693#msg49693

If anyone wants just the Haunted Castle CD by itself, let me know and I'll upload that separately. (The other tracks are for people who have Akumajo Dracula Best Music Collections Box and want to complete their soundtracks with the songs that are missing but are present on the old OSTs.)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 05:44:29 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags: