Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Is Iga washed up?  (Read 65587 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #180 on: September 01, 2010, 12:12:10 AM »
The only thing I have to say is that I'd take Richter 9001 times over Joachim. Heck, every Castlevania game should have an unlockable Richter mode. They should even have a game where Richter goes and kills every other non-Belmont hunter then kills Dracula and succeeds in resurrecting him only to kill him again.

Richter is so mighty, his footfalls measure on the Richter scale.

This is amusing to read and yeah, it IS awesome!

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #181 on: September 01, 2010, 01:47:59 AM »
Richter's power is maximum, no wonder IGA like him so much and put's him in a game every chance he gets.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #182 on: September 01, 2010, 08:24:38 AM »
Julius, since in his prime he's supposedly stronger than Richter, should have a new ability to destroy Dracula with.

If Richter can take a subweapon and turn it into an item crash, Julius should be able to take a subweapon and combine it with an item crash to get another item crash.

HYDRO STORM OF KNIVES!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: September 01, 2010, 10:59:45 AM »
There was also Julius' version of HOLY CROSS that he used on Soma in AoS. Not only was it leathal but it also acted like a vacuum, sucking Soma towards his doom!!!

-X
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: September 02, 2010, 03:29:56 PM »
To make this twice as awesome ans sattisfy fans of both Belmonts, Julius could summon Richter as a special attack to..um...whip everything!!  :D

As for this:
-
Lvl Up which makes the game far too easy and makes incredibly strong characters
- Encyclopedia with lots of useless informations (weakness of enemies as Stone, Thunder, Poison which mostly have no use during the game)
- merchants to buy everything, food and armory and weapons, which make the game even easier
- easy bosses and easy Draculas with lame forms
- bad-humored elements such as Electric Guitar or Waterclosed, totally horrible in a CULT game like Castlevania
- dull characters design and stories, seriously when I look Isaac and story with ebony stones, what a joke
- stupid actions like searching for a cat lost in a tree or decorating a room --> WTF
- incredible short game which all good players are able to finish the first day purchased
- no more difficulty in Castlevania games, no more challenge, useless new characters when game finished (a Pumpkin ? A Character everyone knows like Richter ? Only Joachim was interesting)
- tons and tons of stupid and useless items which take artificially hundred hours to collect by killing the same enemies in the same rooms during days and days for NOTHING
- always the same music style with M. Yamane (none of all her score exceed her masterpiece SOTN)
- the way to get your health ? To go in save rooms !!!! Full health and cond ! Too easy ! There are save rooms everywhere !
- lame artworks with always repetitive pale and blond characters, in comparison with great other illustrators (I have no time to list them all, but I admit this point is personal and other people can appreciate Kojima's work)
- lots and lots of other things ...... I'm not short in arguments but it would be too long to write everything DULL in these lame games.
LOL.
Most All of those complaints doesn't make any sense. Some of them couldn't be even qualified as a bad joke.
And as for music I personally think, that LOI and OOE soundtrack were better than Symphony one. :)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: September 02, 2010, 06:38:08 PM »

Anyone in their right mind would wanna HOLY CROSS Somas' ass when given the opportunity.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #186 on: September 02, 2010, 08:56:29 PM »
I love how when Julius does that itemcrash in AoS, the entire castle is shaken. :D
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #187 on: September 02, 2010, 11:01:12 PM »
Julius rips part of the castle in the background when he does that. :D

Now I wonder why he was so weak in DoS.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: September 02, 2010, 11:06:40 PM »
DoS did not discriminate when it made every character lamer.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: September 03, 2010, 12:05:55 AM »
Julius' Itemcrash in the fight against Soma was way more epic, graphicaly superior and souned awesome. But in DoS it sucked donkey D**k. it didn't even sound all that great either. Another lazy award for IGA's trophy collection.

-X

Offline Innovator

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Is Iga washed up?
« Reply #190 on: September 08, 2010, 04:46:17 PM »
Most All of those complaints doesn't make any sense. Some of them couldn't be even qualified as a bad joke.

Just be my guest and take them one by one.

:D

;)

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: September 09, 2010, 05:17:01 PM »
OK. Why not.

Lvl Up which makes the game far too easy and makes incredibly strong characters
The problem is not with the RPG system, but with the intellect and agility of the enemies. They are far too weak / stupid to be a real threat. Along with unimaginitive level design enemies in most IGAvanias are just walking targets. Experience system is just there.
- Encyclopedia with lots of useless informations (weakness of enemies as Stone, Thunder, Poison which mostly have no use during the game)
For you (and for me, since I don't pay attention to such things and prefer to use one most powerfull weapon I have on every enemy) it's useless. Some people will find it information useful. Besides it's a nice touch to have description of every enemy. I like it.
- merchants to buy everything, food and armory and weapons, which make the game even easier
It's a question of balance. By themselves merchants are very useful. However in IGAvanias money is very easy to obtain, so player could buy enough potions to just overcome eveything in the game. And later the same player will moan that game is far too easy...
- easy bosses and easy Draculas with lame forms
Bosses are generally one of the strongest points of the IGAvanias. Almost every IGA's game had some cool boss fights, aside from HOD, that was atrocious practically at everything. LOI had some of the best bosses in the series. OOE and SOTN too. Well in SOTN bosses wasn't hard at all, but battles were spectacular. OOE  also had one of the most interesting bosses amongst IGAvanias, completely trumping DOS and POR in that aspect. As for the Dracula...well his SOTN and HOD appearances were really ridicolous and hilariously easy. But there are OOE and COD. In OOE Dracula was at his best. And COD one was very impressive, though I'm judging that only from the video. I haven't played COD, sadly.
- bad-humored elements such as Electric Guitar or Waterclosed, totally horrible in a CULT game like Castlevania
I could live with that kind of humor. Besides, humor even in the CULT game is not a bad thing. Also Rondo had some art with Richter on the Electric Guitar and then there is Maria...
- dull characters design and stories, seriously when I look Isaac and story with ebony stones, what a joke
It is hard to compare stories form the old games and the new ones. Old games simply hadn't that much of the story in the first place. In IGA's games it's a tie. LOI had very good storyline with the solid voice acting. OOE wasn't that bad. AOS was good for what it worth. At least characters were nice. DOS and POR were complete jokes though.
Isaac while looking...mmm..."out there" is kind of a good character I'd say.
- stupid actions like searching for a cat lost in a tree or decorating a room --> WTF
Those things called quests. There are there to make gameplay more diverse. I hated them in the POR, but I absolutely loved quests in the OOE. They were fun and useful.
- incredible short game which all good players are able to finish the first day purchased
Well if such player using some cheat code or if he is a complete lunatic / nerd, I believe he actually can complete RPG game in one day. As for all others...I'd say it is not the case.
- no more difficulty in Castlevania games, no more challenge, useless new characters when game finished (a Pumpkin ? A Character everyone knows like Richter ? Only Joachim was interesting)
Pumpkin was cute. And there is a DOS Julius mode, Trevor in COD.
Difficulty is low though, I agree there. However in some cases it is not making the game worse. AOS was very good game and it wasn't all that difficult.
- tons and tons of stupid and useless items which take artificially hundred hours to collect by killing the same enemies in the same rooms during days and days for NOTHING
It called PRG elements. There are for people who love GRINDING!!
I don't love it at all, so I don't dig that. But I think some people do.
- always the same music style with M. Yamane (none of all her score exceed her masterpiece SOTN)
[personal opinion]Wrong!! Her best OST was LOI. OOE and SOTN are second best. DOS and POR had some nice melodies. And most of her songs are definitely not the same[/personal opinion]
But really it is stupid to argue about such thing as a music.
- the way to get your health ? To go in save rooms !!!! Full health and cond ! Too easy ! There are save rooms everywhere !
It is completely normal for this genre. And Save Rooms definitely not everywhere.
- lame artworks with always repetitive pale and blond characters, in comparison with great other illustrators (I have no time to list them all, but I admit this point is personal and other people can appreciate Kojima's work)
As in case with music it is useless to argeu about that. However most of Kojima's artwork in the games were beatiful. The "sameness" of them I call "art stye".
- lots and lots of other things ...... I'm not short in arguments but it would be too long to write everything DULL in these lame games.
It seems you write tonnes and tonnes of things and most of them were carefully debunked.

I mean it is completely allright to dislike some games, but most of your arguments were laughable at best.
If you don't like RPG genre it doesn't mean that everything that have something to do with it is "bad".

Tags:

anything