Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Opera of the red moon - Maria's game  (Read 61128 times)

Offline Ardee

• Awards
Re: Opera of the red moon - Maria's game
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2007, 08:32:39 AM »
Ok, not good enough, so I guess there's no point of me being here, but good luck! ;D

Offline ringo

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2007, 03:17:20 PM »
Is that some kind of bad joke?
Dude, do you have to be so rude to him? Here you are asking for contributions to your project, this guy takes his time to make something for you(with no monetary incentive at all) and you go and insult him? I am sure with some encouraging feedback he would have kept working on it and improved it, otherwise you could have told him politely that you didn't want to use it in your game.

Geez, the nerve of some people.

Offline Gemini

• Maria's Pimp
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Falling!!
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Devil Hackers' Nest
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2007, 06:48:03 PM »
Dude, do you have to be so rude to him?
I didn't mean to sound rude, but I really didn't know what else to write. I explained pretty well how the enemy should have been, but the posted result was quite different. The sprite isn't even looking in the right direction, so that really felt like a bad joke to piss me off.

Offline Ardee

• Awards
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2007, 08:34:08 PM »
Ok, how 'bout I make something else?

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2007, 12:03:50 AM »
Is that some kind of bad joke?

It's best to be aware of the varying possibilities when you open yourself up to help from random people - something I wouldn't recommend doing, at least not for something like this.

Note: This isn't meaning anything negative towards you, Ardee.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 12:17:22 AM by The Great Successor »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2007, 08:44:30 AM »
Yeah what he said.

On top of that, you might want to be more specific as to what exactly you want.  Artists and designers, without concrete direction, will have to interpret what you want and the more ambiguous you are with your instructions, the more likely their delivery will differ from your vision.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2007, 04:30:18 PM »
I think he was specific enough. He wanted the sprites to be in the joint style like sotn's knight brothers, hod's armors, aos/dos final guards, dos menace etc, to use the max color limit of 16 since he codes it for psx and for the final result to be huge.

It's more of the artist not listening to/ignoring the guidelines.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2007, 05:50:01 PM »
Yeah I guess that's true too.
Just playing Devil's Advocate, here. :P
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tanookie

« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2007, 04:18:33 PM »
Seems a little late to be bringing up a topic, but I think this sounds great! I've always wanted Maria to have her own game; I just have a question: will Maria be able to use her spells from the Saturn Version AND her Supweapons from the PSP? I mean...what kinds of attacks and such will she have? Because if she has both, that would be awesome. I thought that SS Maria was overpowered and PSP was underpowered, so the two together could make a perfect balance.

I'll offer my skills to help with the script or controls...perhaps her attacks?  ;)

Offline Gemini

• Maria's Pimp
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Falling!!
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Devil Hackers' Nest
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2008, 03:42:06 AM »
Wow, it's been almost a year without any updates on this board. For those still interested, the latest news about the project are here.

I just have a question: will Maria be able to use her spells from the Saturn Version AND her Supweapons from the PSP? I mean...what kinds of attacks and such will she have? Because if she has both, that would be awesome.
She will have some of those from the Saturn porting, as well as the weak "things" from the PSP porting. And there are no sub-weapons this time. All attacks you can trigger with Up+Attack still use hearts, but they will be based on Maria's elemental orbs (she's a magician after all). Still, she will have some sort of sub-weapons that you can trigger with special commands, but that's a surprise. Oh, and the Megabuster-like shot will be here too, but it will be implemented as a magic-based weapon, just to make some sense out of it.

I thought that SS Maria was overpowered and PSP was underpowered, so the two together could make a perfect balance.
I felt exactly the same, that's why I'll try to have a very balanced character with her.

PS: I'm still looking for a pixel artist for this project, especially one that knows pretty well the SOTN style (I so regret that I didn't accept Thaddeus offer ages ago about that CV clone :'(). Also, if you feel like you want to propose some sketches for characters of new enemies, feel free to drop a message!

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2008, 05:40:32 AM »
you could use her new sotn sprites two ;D
good old serio riped them from dxc here's his site.

http://serio.i-xcell.com/cvrips/
Link's dead, being a year old and everything.  Could you or Serio re-upload Maria's PSP sprite sheet?

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2008, 07:20:18 AM »
In Reply To #56

my whole site got moved to a different server some time ago.

http://serio.piiym-net.com/cvrips/

but i only ripped maria's sprites, if you want the effects for her subweapons you'll have to get them from gemini.

Offline Gemini

• Maria's Pimp
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Falling!!
    • Devil Hackers' Nest
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2008, 09:36:18 AM »

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2008, 01:46:53 PM »
yay Skeletor Maria.

Offline Gemini

• Maria's Pimp
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Falling!!
    • Devil Hackers' Nest
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2008, 08:23:45 PM »
I found some spare time to make decent progress with the engine, even if it's not really as much as you or I'd expect to see. Anyway, this is the new stuff implemented:
  • Maps load from CD, as well as all the other data (no more crap linked directly into the exe);
  • Completely redone memory allocation for gfx primitives. Now it doesn't rely anymore on libgs, except for a couple helpfully things. This also includes an optimized method to draw map layers with only a few DR_TPAGE primitives;
  • Sound! I discovered how to make the SPU sound from VB+VH files. Now that was an ordeal, especially considering all the crap that I have to setup for those files;
  • A new hud for the field module, as you can see from the screenshot below. I tried to make it somewhat similar to the one in Ecclesia (the heart comes from there) having it to use a gold palette;

Now I'm working on an event system to deal with regular map stuff you see in all CV games (warp triggers, enemies, dialogues, etc...), not to mention an actual animation management for Maria and all the other objects on screen.

Eye candy:

And here's a footage of the most updated version of the engine (but there's no HUD in there). Ignore the broken collisions with the map... I was using an incorrect tile collision file when I recorded the movie. :p Here you can also find a blog that I created for this project, which will probably be updated when I get enough material for a decent news.

PS: Still looking for pixel artists. :P

Tags:

anything