Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania coming to Windows Phone 7 at launch!  (Read 21718 times)

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania coming to Windows Phone 7 at launch!
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 08:07:19 AM »

This looks weird to me.  The animation for the legs, mostly... but the face and top are pretty alright for a four-frame animation.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2010, 08:32:41 AM »
Everything about it actually animates poorly. Why is the hair flopping up and down so much? Nothing looks natural.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2010, 12:16:33 PM »
The phone has been released in Europe for a while already.

Anybody heard something about this mystery game yet?   

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2010, 06:25:26 PM »
Everything about it actually animates poorly. Why is the hair flopping up and down so much? Nothing looks natural.

It animates better than the characters in Bloodlines. :-\

In a way, I hope this IS a port of EotN. If not, Konami's starting to do what they did back in the 90's by putting different games out on pretty much EVERY system. It's part of what killed the series until SoTN came out.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2010, 07:14:06 PM »
It animates better than the characters in Bloodlines. :-\

Sad but true.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2010, 08:00:59 PM »

at least morris bends his knees lol
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 08:03:35 PM by thernz »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2010, 06:12:24 PM »
Yeah I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with uzo and doctamario on this, and agree with Thernz.  The sprites speak for themselves.  While one might not be fond of the almost sneaker-like boots and big bulky arms John has, the animation is smooth and proper with the Bloodlines sprite, and not at all so on the err... that thing-sprite.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2010, 10:25:28 PM »
I dunno, John doesn't seem to walk that smoothly in-game, but then, I haven't played that one in awhile. It CERTAINLY doesn't look that good when he ascends or descends a flight of stairs. O_o

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2010, 10:30:19 PM »
When Jon walks up and down stairs it's a lot like this.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2010, 11:12:38 AM »
I've never seen that when playing golden eye before. Is that some kind of game shark cheat or is it a debug option?  :P

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2010, 11:29:19 AM »
Still no news about the damn game?  >:(

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2010, 05:12:19 PM »
I've never seen that when playing golden eye before. Is that some kind of game shark cheat or is it a debug option?  :P

-X

I think it's a gameshark or memory hack thing.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2010, 02:58:51 PM »
ugh, my current "dumb" phone is starting to become unreliable.  i need to know what kind of Castlevania game they intend to make for this system soon...

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2010, 03:28:53 PM »
I think it's a gameshark or memory hack thing.

It's cart tipping - moving the cartridge while it's in use.

Tags:

anything