Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Devil May Cry Reboot  (Read 52140 times)

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #105 on: March 15, 2011, 04:38:55 PM »
Well, I gotta say a big-boobed slut is far more entertaining to watch jump around and kill shit than Vash the Stampede Mk-II (or in this reboot's case, Emo McShitdicks). And as much as I loved DMC3, Bayonetta takes a bit more strategy.

Offline Richter

• Vampire Killer
  • Hunter in Training
  • Die, monster!
    • Project R Design
    • Awards
Re: Devil May Cry Reboot
« Reply #106 on: March 15, 2011, 06:08:04 PM »
Also whether you like Bayonetta herself or not, the gameplay has been refined to perfection by Kamiya since the first DMC. This reboot is going to play like total shit thanks to NT and their great button lag and sluggish response combat  ::)

Offline Lisa Fahrenheit

• All-purpose healer
  • Hunter in Training
  • Bubblegum Pop Rocks, guys.
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2011, 03:27:03 AM »
I'm so upset with this reboot :/ That is not Dante.

Castlevania and Devil May Cry are the only two series that I follow loyally, but I would not touch this travesty if you paid me.

DMC3 is the perfect Devil May Cry game.

I am so glad I'm not the only one that thinks this.

That said, I'd love to see another Alucard game if they could do it right!

awesome! ;D

we'll all this stuff regarding rebooting Alucard may very we'll come true seeing as how in a recent interview Cox said he may do a Alucard game.
and i completely agree Vrakanox
his CV3 appearance was just not cool at all.
he had the stearotypical Dracula look which isn't cool.
i'm perfectly fine with giving him a more medieval look such as changeing his armor and attire but changeing his hair and face would be lame IMO

Agreeing with the fact that he was too stereotypical in CV3. He's supposed to be Dracula's son, not Dracula himself. New armor might be really cool to see (or changeable armor. Like he starts out in just a tunic and pants if Death decides to disarm him again, but as you find armor in the castle, it changes on the character).

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: March 16, 2011, 06:04:57 AM »
Agreeing with the fact that he was too stereotypical in CV3. He's supposed to be Dracula's son, not Dracula himself.

I don't know if you've noticed but his appearance seems to always mirror Dracula's current style when they appear in the same game:

The Blue Man Group rejects:

The long haired aristocrats:

The Classic Vampires:

If that "NextGen Alucardvania" of IGA's ever gets made, I bet Dracula will look something like this:

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: March 16, 2011, 02:01:42 PM »
I was intrigued hearing how in the canceled 32X game, Alucard had his SotN sprite but it was colored like his CV3 sprite (black hair, red cape). I'd love to see him in that style sometime.

Offline AISTODIAOLO

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: April 13, 2011, 02:55:56 AM »
screw you capcom...first the resident evil...then the DMC :((((....i freakin hate you :(((
RE4 SUCKED ( AFTER THAT all of em too) ,DMC 2 SUCKED...AND 5 IS GONNA SUCK MUCH MOREEE :(((

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: April 13, 2011, 05:07:52 AM »
I actually liked RE4. I couldn't get into RE5 though. I prefer DMC4's weapons, but I prefer DMC3's weapon switching. Switching back and forth between 2 weapons is good, cycling between 3 or more is bad. I prefer Nero's sword over pretty much all of Dante's weapon in that game though.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #112 on: April 13, 2011, 04:18:05 PM »

I actually think DMC4 was a damn fine game, though I can understand why many hardcore fans found it disappointing after the (arguably) superior DMC3. For some people - myself included - DMC3 was a little bit too hard though, which made me like DMC4 a whole lot more. I could actually finish the damn thing. I am too old and busy to sit around perfecting my skills in video games for hours on end, so DMC4 was perfect for me.

My only problem with DMC4 is that it actually felt a little dated, even when it was new. Not much has evolved since the very first game. So, in all honesty, I can understand why Capcom would choose to reboot this baby. I fear they're making it worse though, for the sake of "modernizing" it. Time will tell.

Offline darkjak951

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: April 13, 2011, 09:51:52 PM »
screw you capcom...first the resident evil...then the DMC :((((....i freakin hate you :(((
RE4 SUCKED ( AFTER THAT all of em too) ,DMC 2 SUCKED...AND 5 IS GONNA SUCK MUCH MOREEE :(((
I am going to second what Kale said earlier and in addition say that DMC looks like it will be an interesting game. A questionable art style? Yes. Does that mean it will absolutely suck? No! I mean there wasn't even any gameplay released for this and you and tons of other people are judging ONLY based on the trailer. I am going to wait it out and see what my friends have to say before I make my judgment on it.
Like giant robots? Join up if your interested:
http://www.amecha.co.uk/forum/index.php
My username on it is Gelboob794

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2011, 11:51:36 AM »
I thought it was impossible to hate RE4. It's the one game I almost always replay sooner or later. ;_;

As for DmC, eh, I don't think much of the little we've been shown so far. The in-game experience will usually trump aesthetic, but I don't see how this new Dante will be all that likable.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #115 on: June 09, 2011, 05:48:21 AM »
According to the Capcom-Unity site they're using DmC as the basis for a live action movie.
Guess that explains why Dante looks like a douche-bag generic punk.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: June 09, 2011, 05:54:26 PM »
According to the Capcom-Unity site they're using DmC as the basis for a live action movie.
Guess that explains why Dante looks like a douche-bag generic punk.

Awww yeaaah. I just hope DmC is as hilariously shitty as Street Fighter: The Game of the Movie.

Offline Puwexil

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Will viciously hate any that draw his/her ire, with little provocation. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: June 09, 2011, 06:03:05 PM »
Gonna be a riot. As an aside, there's a guy in the recent A Nightmare on Elm Street remake who looks exactly like DmC Dante. Even has the same hoodie. I would call it intentional if it wasn't so goddamn bewildering to begin with.

Tags: