Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Thunderbrand's Spoiler thread---  (Read 74420 times)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2010, 08:10:32 AM »
SATAN 

I like that they choose to be orginal and include a completely new villian instead of Dracula. Perhaps he is still mentioned in the story, his name means son of the Devil after all so I guess he will be the big bad in the sequel?       
^^^ That what I mean when I said I get how Cox said some people will try to put it into the classic canon. If Dracula isn't in LoS, then it doesn't conflict with the original canon's beef about Trevor being the first to fight Dracula(and if Dracula doesn't appear at all, it doesn't conflict with LoI either). I find that possiblity astounding.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2010, 08:20:38 AM »
I can just see some fanboys getting pissed now: "WTF?! No Dracula?! He's been replaced by Satan?! This isn't Dante's Inferno! OMG, fail! Cox ruined Castlevania!" LMAO

Offline Thunderbrand

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Thunderbrand's Spoiler thread---
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2010, 08:26:57 AM »
LoS is already tied into LoI in a couple different ways. First, Gabriel is rumored to be a member of the Cronqvist family, but it was never proved. Secondly, Rinaldo has made weapons, specifically the Combat Cross, for the Brotherhood of Light. My guess is that since LoS takes place before LoI, there may be something in the ending that ties into LoI even further...maybe the Lord of the Dead or Satan posesses Matthias and that's what leads to his "illness", not grief over his wife, in LoI? Who knows...lots to speculate about.
*I'm not a newbie...I had several hundred posts with this screenname on the old board*

Offline LoveToResearch

• Awards
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2010, 08:39:47 AM »
Hey Thunderbrand...? I finally got your user name right!  ;D

Um, I am anxious to ask you- but is it (okay with you) and possible for you to post your scans... I mean those pictures of bosses/extra? Pretty please? If not, then could you send them to me via e-mail? Let me know, so I can PM you. But if not, then that is cool. Really. Thanx.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2010, 08:53:58 AM »
All of this new info made the wait even more unbearable than it already is.

Can't wait to play and finish the game, the tie in's with the main canon will be fun to talk about.

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2010, 09:02:39 AM »
I can just see some fanboys getting pissed now: "WTF?! No Dracula?! He's been replaced by Satan?! This isn't Dante's Inferno! OMG, fail! Cox ruined Castlevania!" LMAO

MMmm...No, not like Dante's inferno, but more like Ghosts'n Goblins.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2010, 09:17:24 AM »
Honestly, I'm getting more of a Dawn of Sorrow vibe from this game. Into the castle and straight into hell itself? Exact same thing as DoS.

Offline Thunderbrand

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2010, 09:45:57 AM »
Honestly, I'm getting more of a Dawn of Sorrow vibe from this game. Into the castle and straight into hell itself? Exact same thing as DoS.

It's not exactly like that. Everything sort of builds up to another thing. The castle is actually in the middle of the game. After you leave there, there are several more outdoor areas to go through before you end up in the Necromancer's Abyss...which actually starts off as a real place, although it's very desolate and resembles Hell (think Mordor in Lord of the Rings.)

As for scans, I'll see what I can do. The pics in the guide are very small, so they probably wouldn't turn out that great. I don't have the best scanner anyway.
*I'm not a newbie...I had several hundred posts with this screenname on the old board*

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2010, 10:09:48 AM »
LoS is already tied into LoI in a couple different ways. First, Gabriel is rumored to be a member of the Cronqvist family, but it was never proved. Secondly, Rinaldo has made weapons, specifically the Combat Cross, for the Brotherhood of Light. My guess is that since LoS takes place before LoI, there may be something in the ending that ties into LoI even further...maybe the Lord of the Dead or Satan posesses Matthias and that's what leads to his "illness", not grief over his wife, in LoI? Who knows...lots to speculate about.

Well yeah but how does that explain Brauner and Cornell being in the wrong time period? Not to mention the latter is evil and probably gets killed off. And how can Rinaldo have built the combat cross when he was only an infant? Having a Belmont before Leon fighting the friggin devil is also kind off... weird.         

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2010, 10:14:38 AM »
LoS just doesn't work in the original canon. I'm completely ok with this game fitting in it's own canon.

Offline spazzy_d

• Awards
« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2010, 10:40:17 AM »
Well yeah but how does that explain Brauner and Cornell being in the wrong time period? Not to mention the latter is evil and probably gets killed off. And how can Rinaldo have built the combat cross when he was only an infant? Having a Belmont before Leon fighting the friggin devil is also kind off... weird.         

Eh, not too hard to explain really.  Brauner, Orloxx, and Cornell are all surnames, so they don't have to be the same individuals... just in the same family.  Rinaldo is even esier, as he is an alchemist, and potions that increase longevity (and the search for immortality) go hand in hand with the profession.

That being said, I don't think thier is a connection between LoS and established lore, but nothing I've seen so far tells me thier isn't.  For all we know, Satan lost his power and began a search for a new lord of darkness, so he started to whisper in the ear of one Mr. Cronqvist,  who happened to be good friends (an, unbeknownst to him, a cousin of) the descendant of the man who defeated him.

Once again, I don't think it wil happen, and I'm happy with this being its own thing.   But it is possible.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: October 01, 2010, 10:48:25 AM »
Eh, not too hard to explain really.  Brauner, Orloxx, and Cornell are all surnames, so they don't have to be the same individuals... just in the same family.  Rinaldo is even esier, as he is an alchemist, and potions that increase longevity (and the search for immortality) go hand in hand with the profession.

I don't think Brauner and Cornell are surnames. But even if they were, and they would use that explanation then their orginal intent with those characters, using characters from past games, wouldn't make any sense. And those explanations are kind off silly, it would be a terrible explanation. I'd just go with the alternate universe thing, then Castlevania's story at least has some dignity left.  :-X                     

Offline spazzy_d

• Awards
« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2010, 11:07:19 AM »
I don't think Brauner and Cornell are surnames. But even if they were, and they would use that explanation then their orginal intent with those characters, using characters from past games, wouldn't make any sense. And those explanations are kind off silly, it would be a terrible explanation. I'd just go with the alternate universe thing, then Castlevania's story at least has some dignity left.  :-X                     

Brauner is definetly a surname.  I've seen Cornell used as both a first and last name, though.  Ofcourse, it is even easier to jusitfy as a first name.   I still don't see how this would be any different then having a bunch of Belmonts and Belnades running around.  There is also the option of Drac reviving his soldiers.  How many times have we fought Camilla?

Offline Thunderbrand

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2010, 11:12:56 AM »
Brauner, Cornell, Olrox, Carmilla and Laura all appear in LoS. They also all appear in later games many centuries later. How? Seems pretty simple to me. Dracula can be resurrected basically any time, so why not all these guys too? Death keeps making appearances in every game too (though you can't really KILL Death I suppose), so maybe he keeps bringing people back. Or maybe it's the handywork of the Lord of the Dead, or dark priests like Shaft or whoever.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2010, 11:28:20 AM »
Brauner's name is derived from Victor Brauner which is a surname but in Castlevania they use it as a first name.

Brauner, Cornell, Olrox, Carmilla and Laura all appear in LoS. They also all appear in later games many centuries later. How? Seems pretty simple to me. Dracula can be resurrected basically any time, so why not all these guys too?

Orlox and Carmilla were never a problem. This explanation wouldn't work for the first two because that would just be silly. Brauner didn't became a vampire until WO I. I guess Cornell would work but I think it would be just stupid...                 

Tags: