Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: [Fan Games] Castlevania, Final Fantasy, Eggerland, Mario, Megaman  (Read 125795 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Re: [Fangame] Castlevania: The Demon Castle
« Reply #165 on: June 16, 2011, 03:08:05 PM »

This my palette. I have space for several additional colors, but I'd prefer not to add any unless absolutely needed.
"Stuff and things."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #166 on: June 16, 2011, 05:38:39 PM »
You'll have to live with cartoony then. I'd say dont change it if that's all the colors you have available.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #167 on: June 16, 2011, 10:55:43 PM »
OK. These have the floor highlight modified, new colors for the HP meters & two alternative set ups.
Either way the boss hp meter will be hidden unless the boss is present. And a simple solution for the HUD not messing with your view is to turn it off if the player object is within a certain area of the screen. Opinions?

Old pic for comparison:

Edit: Looking at it, that ne ground highlight looks worse.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 10:59:01 PM by Inccubus »
"Stuff and things."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #168 on: June 16, 2011, 11:37:51 PM »
The new one looks nicer in my opinion. It looks more dark.

As for the HUD, use the one in the second picture. There's something about the heart meter being in between the gauges that just looks ugly. However, you might wanna reposition the boss meter. Put it somewhere else. Like maybe on the bottom right of the screen or something. It can be a little confusing with those not familiar with the old-school Castlevanias.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #169 on: June 17, 2011, 11:15:17 AM »
That's a more compact HUD. It looks like it doesn't interfere with what's happening on-screen as much now.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: June 21, 2011, 01:40:01 AM »
Now for a really compact hud. Also, all of the current sub-weapon pickups. Still need to add a couple more from haunted castle.

"Stuff and things."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #171 on: June 21, 2011, 06:04:41 AM »
Now that is nice, sir. Everything's all nice and tidy and simple.
One question though... Why is there a 55 next to the knife and then one for the heart meter?

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #172 on: June 21, 2011, 03:10:50 PM »
Thanks! :)
Each sub-weapon pickup gives you 3 of that sub-weapon. You'll be able to switch between your available sub-weapons at will. The way it'll work is, that when you get a certain relic, if you are down to just one of a sub-weapon it'll use hearts instead. Hearts will also be used for some basic item crashes akin to those in Bloodlines, but different. Right now I'm using the same variable for both as a place holder. That's why there's 55 by both.
"Stuff and things."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #173 on: June 21, 2011, 03:59:36 PM »
FYI hated that about LoS, as did many others. Just saying.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #174 on: June 21, 2011, 04:45:13 PM »
Well, I like it, so if enough people speak up I can just include an option where hearts are exclusively ammo. No biggy, just a quick if statement to diverge the code and done.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #175 on: June 21, 2011, 06:56:49 PM »
I like the idea. It makes you think more rather than just "HURR DURR SPAM SUBWEAPON" like everyone does (well, everyone I've seen play). Like, in HD online, in Chapter 9, you'll see nothing but Belmont users spamming the damn knife subweapon like crazy, and most of them already finished leveling up their subweapons.

You got a whip for reason.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: June 21, 2011, 08:03:08 PM »
Exactly! That sort of having to think about what you were doing is one of the things that made CV1 & 3 so great. I'm just taking it to the next level. BTW, I never thought I'd read 'spamming' & 'knife sub-weapon' in the same sentence. That thing is supposed to suck. That's the trade-off for it being the fastest sub-weapon.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: June 21, 2011, 08:11:20 PM »
Exactly! That sort of having to think about what you were doing is one of the things that made CV1 & 3 so great. I'm just taking it to the next level. BTW, I never thought I'd read 'spamming' & 'knife sub-weapon' in the same sentence. That thing is supposed to suck. That's the trade-off for it being the fastest sub-weapon.

Ever see what that thing can do at LV9 in HD with Berserker Mail and 2 Miser Rings equipped? You'll anally rape everything in the long pathway that leads to the castle entrance in Chapter 9.

Oh, and by the way, I hardly use subweapons in Castlevania. ^^ I like melee attacking. That's probably why my Richter is so weak in HD. Or any Belmont for that matter.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
    • Awards
« Reply #178 on: June 21, 2011, 09:13:03 PM »
Ever see what that thing can do at LV9 in HD with Berserker Mail and 2 Miser Rings equipped? You'll anally rape everything in the long pathway that leads to the castle entrance in Chapter 9.

What's the fun in that?
"Stuff and things."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #179 on: June 21, 2011, 09:20:09 PM »
Simple. You're destroying everything with a dagger of all things. ^^

Tags: