Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The most powerful character  (Read 40295 times)

AlucardTheEternal

Re: The most powerful character
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2007, 06:03:57 PM »
I meant him, its a Typo XD My mind was out of it thats day

VampireHunterM

« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2007, 02:14:02 PM »
Simon Belmont! Because he was a member of the N-Team!

Offline Kensuke

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2007, 04:22:22 PM »
Sonia Belmont!  ;D

Joking. Even though I do like her.

I think the whole thing about any Belmont being able to beat Alucard simply because they can take down Dracula is a bit flawed though. I think somebody mentioned in another thread that we don't know for certain if the Vampire Killer is just as effective against half-breeds. Plus I seriously don't think Alucard was really out to kill Trevor in CV3. Who knows what would have happened if he wasn't holding back.

I think it's a wash. Though the Belmonts have a higher score against the big guy, there's also the ending of SotN to consider.

I think a better argument would be who is the most powerful Belmont? In which case, I'd have to go with Simon. That motherfucker killed Dracula and then resurrected him just so he could kill him again. Showoff! :D

- John

Offline A vicar in a tutu

• As natural as rain, he dances again.
  • Master Hunter
  • Get your vile soul dry-cleaned
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2007, 10:04:28 PM »

Female Dracula.

Hell no! I've always hated that cancelled game and those characters. They would've made the Belmont pansies with that Tim Curry looking Belmont. *read his story and you'll find
out*

Anyway, I'm sure it's Trevor, for he was the first one to defeat Dracula in his cursed, immortal state.
Such a Mr. Badass   

EDIT!: What was I thinking?!It's either one of them.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 10:23:46 PM by New Dracula »

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2007, 10:14:14 PM »
Sonia Belmont!  ;D

Joking. Even though I do like her.

I think the whole thing about any Belmont being able to beat Alucard simply because they can take down Dracula is a bit flawed though. I think somebody mentioned in another thread that we don't know for certain if the Vampire Killer is just as effective against half-breeds. Plus I seriously don't think Alucard was really out to kill Trevor in CV3. Who knows what would have happened if he wasn't holding back.

I think it's a wash. Though the Belmonts have a higher score against the big guy, there's also the ending of SotN to consider.

I think a better argument would be who is the most powerful Belmont? In which case, I'd have to go with Simon. That motherfucker killed Dracula and then resurrected him just so he could kill him again. Showoff! :D

- John

Yeah and what's funny is he was injured and dieing and he killed dracula easier and faster then when he was normal. ;D
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline sonicabid

• Yakuza is beast
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Buy and play the Yakuza games
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2007, 10:28:29 PM »
In Reply To #65

Imagine Alucard going up to every Castlevania character, in their respective games and strength, looked them in the eye, then swung his Crissegram. What would happen? They would get hit 15 times and die.

If Alucard was older at the time of CV3, He'd probably have a lot more of spells, and his other shapeshifting forms. I'd really like to see Trevor try to do something to Alucard when he's floating above him as mist, switches to bat, does that swift fly bat move near Trevor, shifts into human form, and hits him with a thrust from his Obsidian Blade or something. Too bad that wasn't the case, and Alucard in the NES days had how many attacks and different moves vs Trevor? like 4? I don't know for sure, since I never played that part in CV3.

Alucard, Soma, and Simon are the strongest from my point of view.

Offline Kensuke

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2007, 12:33:56 AM »
In Reply To #66

More like, if that game were on a system with better graphics processing capability and more memory, you would have seen Alucard kick some serious ass. ;)

But OTOH, let's keep in mind that you also playing against the shitty AI in SotN. With two human players, it is a tossup as to who would win.

Wasn't it stated somewhere that the Belmont's are supposed to get stronger with each generation? So Richter having all those moves kinda makes sense and dovetails with each gaming system being more advanced than the next.

- John

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2007, 01:38:21 PM »
In Reply To #66

WEll, in CV3, Trevor wouldn't stand a chance, but have you seen him in CoD?? He could totally beat Alucard there.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2007, 10:39:18 AM »
In Reply To #27

Actually, Mathias (Dracula) was already a vampire when Leon beat Walter.  Mathias was turned by the Crimson Stone because like the Ebony Stone, it carries the "curse of the vampires".  What happened after Leon beat Walter is that Death took Walter's soul and gave it Mathias who used the Crimson Stone to convert Walter's soul into power for himself.
Behold my power and tremble

Offline darkwzrd4

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2007, 10:45:06 AM »
In Reply To #29
Alucard doesn't age.  He is a Dhampir (half vampire and half human).  Alucard inherits his vampire traits such as immortality and inhuman strength from his father.  But because he is half human, he is easier to kill and may not resurrect if he is killed.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2007, 10:50:32 AM »
In Reply To #29
Alucard doesn't age.  He is a Dhampir (half vampire and half human).  Alucard inherits his vampire traits such as immortality and inhuman strength from his father.  But because he is half human, he is easier to kill and may not resurrect if he is killed.

You don't know that, since there is no evidence of it, but of course there isn't any evidence of to the contrary either.

Offline darkwzrd4

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2007, 10:55:56 AM »
In Reply To #43

I sort of agree.  Soma does have potential, but he lacks experience and once he is out of mortal danger, he losses all the abilities he had absorbed.  In essence, I think that Alucard is the most powerful.  He has all the powers his father has and unlike his father, he has never been killed.  The only problem is that he isn't the most agile individual.  Then again the clothing he wears isn't exactly meant for agile movement.

Offline darkwzrd4

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2007, 11:00:53 AM »
In Reply To #51

Yes and No.  Soma didn't kill Julius because he didn't want to.  He was just defending himself.  And by the way, Julius didn't seal away the castle on his own.  As he said, he had help.  This help was probably from Alucard and some other people.

Belm0nt

« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2007, 06:56:22 PM »
In Reply To #13

-Word-

No question it's Death. In the ultimate view of things, Death will always, ALWAYS, win the waiting game.

Vampires may be "immortal," but Death owns their souls.

Sure, his earthly manifestation may be a weak pile of bones, but the second you get hit by a Medusa-head and thrown into a pit, jump just a second to early, or forget to bring the right weapon to a fight, guess who'll be there to greet you in the end....

When there is nothing else, there will be Death. (and maybe taxes...)

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2007, 07:02:58 PM »
In Reply To #65

Imagine Alucard going up to every Castlevania character, in their respective games and strength, looked them in the eye, then swung his Crissegram. What would happen? They would get hit 15 times and die.

If Alucard was older at the time of CV3, He'd probably have a lot more of spells, and his other shapeshifting forms. I'd really like to see Trevor try to do something to Alucard when he's floating above him as mist, switches to bat, does that swift fly bat move near Trevor, shifts into human form, and hits him with a thrust from his Obsidian Blade or something. Too bad that wasn't the case, and Alucard in the NES days had how many attacks and different moves vs Trevor? like 4? I don't know for sure, since I never played that part in CV3.

Alucard, Soma, and Simon are the strongest from my point of view.

Well in symphony though I always rationalized Alucard beating dracula as a result of it not being a natural dracula resurrection and he isn't at 100% power since Shaft forced another resurrection again after the 100 year natural one in Rondo. Granted Dracula was still crazy powerful but I don't think it's like when Trevor/Ralph, Simon, Chris, or Richter beat him.  :)
_______________________________________ ______________

Tags:

anything