Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I can't believe it's not Castlevania music  (Read 121064 times)

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: I can't believe it's not Castlevania music
« Reply #180 on: January 07, 2013, 02:25:10 PM »
This sounds like it could fit into Lament of Innocence or Curse of Darkness
Catherine OST Track 9 - Chopin Revolutionary Etude

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #181 on: January 07, 2013, 09:25:00 PM »
yeah, that was the joke, Leon's theme is, at least in part, a remix of the Revolutionary Etude.

it definitely sounds more like Leon's Theme with the added instruments in the background.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #182 on: January 16, 2013, 11:27:26 AM »
The intro of Helloween's "Chruch Breaks Down" sounds so much like a tune from CV I was wondering if I didn't changed the CD I was listening to!  :o Listen to the sample here: http://www.amazon.com/Church-Breaks-Down/dp/B00ANW2ND2

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: January 17, 2013, 04:57:04 AM »
Luis Lastra - I'll kill you and the night

Especially fitting, considering the title (don't know if referencing CV was the composer's intention). I could imagine this being the theme of some church / graveyard area.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #184 on: January 19, 2013, 12:45:59 AM »
I think Dusk Falls from Bloodrayne: Deliverance is the most Castlevania-ish theme ever!
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: February 08, 2013, 08:53:38 AM »

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #186 on: February 08, 2013, 09:35:31 AM »

I swear to god, the Japanese love this fucking song, I've heard this more in their media than anything else

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #187 on: February 08, 2013, 09:56:56 AM »
Just listen to the intro, even if the song is truly amazing too.

Helloween - Church Breaks Down

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #188 on: February 08, 2013, 10:43:45 AM »
+1
Just listen to the intro, even if the song is truly amazing too.

Helloween - Church Breaks Down

Yes! This song is awesome!

Live Now has really grown on me. At first I wasn't too impressed by it, but now it's one of my favorites from the new album. The only song I don't like is Asshole, only because the chorus seems too silly and ridiculous to me (and not in the good way). Otherwise, I think all the songs are fantastic. It's really hard for me to choose any one song as my absolute favorite from the album.

I've liked this one a lot since release though: Make Fire Catch The Fly!
Helloween - Make Fire Catch the Fly

EDIT:
Lol, sorry to derail the topic.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 10:58:45 AM by Gecko »
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: March 19, 2013, 01:15:04 AM »
Hmm, 'tis been awhile...

Now then, I suppose this is what the music would sound like if Castlevania took a turn towards heavy rock:
Guilty Gear X Heavy Rock Tracks OST, T04: HOLY ORDERS (BE JUST OR BE DEAD) ~Ky's Theme~
Guilty Gear X Heavy Rock Tracks OST, T17: BLOODSTAINED LINEAGE ~Testament's Theme~
(Yeah, these might be a bit of a stretch, but hey, excuse to bump thread. :P)
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #190 on: March 19, 2013, 04:30:18 AM »

It's funny how this song keeps showing up every once in a while. I actually posted the same one on the very first page of this thread, but in a more techno-ish remix. It's also the final boss music for Namcos 'Eternal Sonata'. I wonder what Chopin would've said...

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: March 19, 2013, 11:35:19 AM »
Luis Lastra - I'll kill you and the night

Especially fitting, considering the title (don't know if referencing CV was the composer's intention). I could imagine this being the theme of some church / graveyard area.
That's just fucking awesome.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #192 on: March 19, 2013, 02:02:24 PM »
Hmm, 'tis been awhile...

Reborn The monster!
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: March 19, 2013, 02:10:35 PM »
I'll Clarify after reading the comment on the Vid.

Cada ente representante del tan subjetivo bien y mal tienen sus antagonistas, cada noche posee un día, cada muerte entrega una vida. Este tema representa a León, primer guerrero del Clan Belmont, cazadores de vampiros por excelencia y su nombre está tomado literalmente de las últimas palabras que pronuncia este personaje a Walter Bernhard antes de su batalla final.
"Every existing representative of the subjective battle of good and evil have their antagonists, every night possesses a day, every death gives a life. This theme represents Leon, the first warrior of the Belmont Clan, Vampire Hunters by excellence/excellent Vampire Hunters (not sure which way to translate that) and it's name is taken literally from the last words said by this character to Walter Bernhard before their final battle.

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #194 on: March 19, 2013, 02:42:41 PM »
Vampire Hunters by excellence/excellent Vampire Hunters (not sure which way to translate that)

It means "Vampire hunters by excellence".
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Tags: