Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New DS game staff  (Read 14407 times)

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2007, 08:27:19 PM »
No more anime artowrk, please.  As much as I like a good Anime, I hate seeing CV adopt silly anime expressions, like Charlotte's face when she gets pissed...
...bring back Kojima...for good, this time?
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Sonic_Reaper

• The Elusive
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Dorian Tokici
    • Awards
Re: New DS game staff
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 08:48:03 PM »
Well I actually enjoyed PoR and think its shortcoming are blown WAY out of proportion.  Looking forward to the next installment.

Offline Verboten

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007, 09:43:11 PM »
I won't be buying this game if it has that terrible anime art.

Dollar voting, folks.

Offline Long John Silver

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2007, 01:46:34 AM »
Iga already said he's moving away from the anime.

However, if the protagonist will be as fucktastically retarded as jonathan or the stages as uninspired and boring copypasta of rooms as por's I won't be really buying it either, but rather have it on my ds yarr device. :o

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2007, 04:08:50 AM »
All i can say is, if i don't read first something about the scenario or game play and don't see at least one screen shot, i can't make my comment's about the new game.
Ruler of Chaos

Operation Ravage

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2007, 04:26:19 AM »
I look forward to all Castlevania games.  IGA's Castlevania, at its worst (CoD), has still been memoriable for me through its storytelling, characters, and atmosphere.  Even though the level structure sucked.

I was pleased with PoR, and even the reverse portraits weren't enough to make me too angry. 

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2007, 05:19:29 AM »
Personally I'd like a dark, moody, gothic look, kinda like SotN and HoD...something like that would be pretty  cool.  As much as I'd like something from 1999, I hope they can fit room for an adventure that takes place before the 19th century...
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline Marty Belmont

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2007, 06:08:46 AM »
In Reply To #21

I agree. the reason why the inverted portraits were forgivable in my opinion is because the genres they used for them were good. (the Forest of Doom/Dark academy for example reminded me of those castles and laboratories you see in those old Universal horror films, The forgotten city improves on it's previous portrait with its music, and 13th street in my opinion is just gorgeous.)
PORK

Portrait of Rockin' Kastlevania

Offline Marty Belmont

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2007, 06:10:34 AM »
Well I actually enjoyed PoR and think its shortcoming are blown WAY out of proportion.
PORK

Portrait of Rockin' Kastlevania

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2007, 06:22:28 AM »
I liked PoR myself. They just needed to expand on the online mode and make the game a lot more gloomy. I liked the blood effects and the detail in the levels. Maybe they are coming back to prove themselves to the people who expect every castlevania game to be Symphony of the Night pt. 2.

And as for the anime style (which they did say they were moving away from) I actually like it more than a lot of the previous artwork. The only old works I liked were Richter and Soma. Many of the guys seemed too feminine and Yoko...well Yoko scared the hell out of me. She looked way better in anime. Maybe if they had made the game darker(as in upside down crosses in a bloodsoaked cemetery) then people wouldn't have complained about the artwork being kiddy. Or they could have used an anime style that doesn't look so much like a kiddy highschool anime. If they drew it like Berserk a lot less people would complain.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2007, 06:45:31 AM »
If they drew it like Berserk a lot less people would complain.

*looks at sig* And you wouldn't be biased towards that right...lol j/k.

At this point...i dont care if they keep the anime look or not. I just want a great game

MM Battle Network Sig Project. And on the third day, Dr. Light said, "Let there be Roll."

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2007, 07:05:15 AM »
In Reply To #26

How did that get there....wierd...
Guess I am, but I watch alot of anime and Berserk (aside from one character) doesn't look very anime like. The manga looks more gothic.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2007, 10:40:43 AM »
I hope it's not the 1999 game. It will be wasted potential if they're using the PoR staff to produce the final epic battle against Dracula.

Maybe this game is Soleil's time to shine? No... perhaps an all new original character & the like.

I don't think they'll ever return to the "gothic romance" atmosphere of SotN. Atleast, not with the DS installments.

Offline Mortificator

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2007, 05:54:13 AM »
(oh. And I keep getting sent to the old forum. grr)

Yeah, typing "castlevania forum" in the address bar brings up the old forum. It's still the highest-rated one by Google. We'd probably get more traffic here if it was shut down, but I guess there's some desire to try and keep the old posts.

Anyway, I have a bad feeling that this will just be another castleroid, with recycled sprites and gameplay held together by some new gimick. In the most recent interview Wired brought up how oversaturated the GBA/DS games are getting, but Iga just brushed it off.
Soleil, not Soleiyu
Orlock, not Olrox
Bathory, not Bartley
Richter, not Richiter

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2007, 06:27:16 AM »
In Reply To #8

Have you tried playing CV1 death without Holy Water?

Been there, done that, don't want to go back...
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Tags: