Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Another fangame-Adagio of Decay  (Read 10993 times)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: April 01, 2011, 07:39:00 AM »
Project I've had going for about three years now. Spoiler tags because of lots of screenshots.
I'm not really sure what else I should say. :/

(click to show/hide)

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 04:26:37 PM »
Graphics look nice. Is this in Game Maker or some other program? Are your stairs NES style or SOTN style? If you want NES style stairs, I created working ones for Game Maker.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 05:52:09 PM »
Sweet! Love the screens! What exactly is the game about?

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 07:05:13 PM »
What happened to Richter-san?

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 07:55:20 PM »
I had to remake the engine, thernz. Chris is just placeholder. I'll probably use Chronicles Simon or a customized edit of him.

The storyline's that of Alec_Morris' abandoned "Chapel-wide" fangame, which is Dracula being betrayed by Death to awaken the Devil God Ahriman. I'm making some changes, but it's something along that line.

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 02:02:47 AM »
I had to remake the engine, thernz. Chris is just placeholder. I'll probably use Chronicles Simon or a customized edit of him.

The storyline's that of Alec_Morris' abandoned "Chapel-wide" fangame, which is Dracula being betrayed by Death to awaken the Devil God Ahriman. I'm making some changes, but it's something along that line.

So are you going to be playing as Dracula?

Game looks awesome btw. Is Game Maker easy to work with?
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2011, 10:14:31 AM »
Is Game Maker easy to work with?

Not really. lol Its not bad tho. But if youve never used it before skip the drag and drop options entirely and go straight into learning and using the scripting language. Its quite good for 2d then and the extensions you can use with a pro version are helpful too

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 02:15:12 PM »
Would if someone would make a program made for creating 2D games alone, but technically required no programing.  Just allowed you to set variables, make animations, set collisions and hit boxes, ect...
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 02:15:50 PM »
That sounds like GameMaker to me.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 03:25:11 PM »
http://www.scirra.com/

Construct is a drag and drop gm app. Though I think you can add in scripts as well, if you need. Seems like they're making a retail version. But the base version is free and open source.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 03:37:55 PM »
yeah Game Maker and Construct would both be considered really easy if compared relatively to other game development tools so I would go with those if you're interested.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 02:56:55 PM »
New test video up. Cemetery stage, first block.

Adagio of Decay Updated Trailer

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 07:40:48 PM »
Very nice demo. The only detail that doesn't seem right is that the flame whip power-up doesn't last all that long like it does in the other games. To me it's like ReBirth rather then Adventure, Belmonts revenge or even Legends.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 11:06:32 AM »
This looks great. One of the best fan games ive seen and I love the use of the Christopher Belmont sprite. Can't wait to see the finished product
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Viper

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Another fangame-Adagio of Decay
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 07:07:30 PM »
It's funny to see, how every fan castlevania game, including my own, uses the very same Demon's Crest backgrounds.  ;D

Tags:

anything