Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Contra 4  (Read 12046 times)

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Contra 4
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2007, 05:25:09 PM »
That is so wrong.....

MM Battle Network Sig Project. And on the third day, Dr. Light said, "Let there be Roll."

VoDkA

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2007, 09:46:02 PM »
Damn, this game is awesome.  Though Serio will probably not like it, simply by virtue of it being American made...lol

But, yes, this game rocks.  WayForward can take care of all sequels to all of my favorite game series from now on...Mega Man, Castlevania, Metal Gear (after Kojima retires from it, of course, which should happen after MGS4)...

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2007, 11:22:02 PM »
In Reply To #15

No copyrighted stuff on the boards please, that includes ripped soundtracks sorry.

Offline bobby digital

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2007, 12:37:31 AM »
In Reply To #18

Gotcha.  Did you pick up the game yet?  Can't remember if you got a DS or not(this is liknsmak/potatoes from the old boards btw., haven't talked to you in a while  :))

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2007, 03:57:20 AM »
In Reply To #19

Eyyy dude, it's been awhile, nah got a PSP, but I have given this game a run or two, I like it probably one of the best games on the DS at present. Plays a bit like a cross between Contra and Contra 3 from what I could tell (it's also been awhile since I seen you on AIM, or at Gradius Homeworld, totally new crew of posters there save for a few old standbys).

Also not sure if my PM got through to you, still getting the hang of the ropes with the new boards and all.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 03:58:53 AM by Bloodreign »

Offline le052383

• Supreme Newbie From the Kingdom of Newbi
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2007, 01:44:24 PM »

VoDkA

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2007, 06:01:09 PM »
LOL.  I have yet to play contra 4, but will in a few hours.

As for Wayforward making all the classic games, I don't know if that would be a wise idea.  I mean, for Contra, I think they should take over the series in either only doing the 2d versions of the games or all since it seems no team in Konami wants to do it.  I mean as long as they didn't throw out Shatter Soldier from the timeline and that contra 4 is true to the previous games, then I too, hope they make more Contra games.

Hopefully wayforward technologies will be like Retro studios is to Metroid Prime, whereas they will start making 2d contra games.

Other than contra and the Spongbob movie vg, wayforward games are a bit on the medicore side, so I would be a bit iffy if they made all the classic games.  We just have to see if they can since contra is one thing, but metal gear is another. 

I was over-exaggerating.  I do think they've done an awesome job, though.  As for Shattered Soldier...you'll be happy to know that it's still in the timeline, according to WayForward.  The only games that have been removed from the "main timeline" are Contra Force, Legacy of War, and C: The Contra Adventure.  All others are a part of the timeline...even Neo Contra.

Offline le052383

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2007, 06:45:19 PM »

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2007, 11:36:11 AM »
Just got it...damn, I was expecting to plow through it like I can the first Contra, but this game set me straight, and on normal mode, no less...
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Platinum Armor

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2007, 07:11:18 PM »

EDIT:

FUCK.YES.

How were you able to complete the Challenge(your patience)Mode???

Offline bobby digital

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2007, 07:41:00 AM »
In Reply To #25

repetition x100. LOL

What do you need help with?  I think I have them all to a tee.

Offline le052383

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2007, 09:14:56 PM »
I posted this on gamefaqs, but I am posting it here in case if anyone knows how to change Lucia to a red color scheme and to let any of you guys know that you can change the color scheme of an unlockable character by pressing x twice on the character selection screen.

I found a code that changes an unlockable character to a purple-grey color scheme.  I found the code after lookin for a code to change Lucia  from a blue suit w/ tan brown boots to red w/ purple hair and purple boots; my Lucia suddenly turned to a red/purple color scheme after dying in pacificism 2 or 3? (the jungle one) and going to the character selection screen..  on that screen, if I move left or right and return to lucia, she is returned to her original colors.  As such, I left it on by not selecting a character in case if it is a glitch. Instead, I started pressing random buttons on the character select screen to see if I can find this code. I did find a color changing code, however, it isn't the one I wanted. 

On the character selection screen, highlight any of the unlockable characters (I only have probotector and Lucia, so I am not sure if it works on the other unlockables though the code doesn't work on the default characters,) and press X twice, the color would change to a grey/purple color scheme.

Does anyone knows how to get the red/purple color scheme for Lucia?

Offline bobby digital

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2007, 11:09:37 PM »

ALTERNATE COSTUMES (highlight warning spoilers)
Jimbo-
up x2 green, brown

Sully-
up x2 red, purple

Lucia-
up x2 red, purple
down x2 green, purple
X x2 grey, purple

Sheena-
up x2 red, grey
down x2 pink, blue
X x2 blue

Probotector-
up x2 blue
down x2 yellow
X x2 purple

Offline elbryan42

• Bargle Nawdle Zouss???
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2007, 12:21:41 AM »
Just picked up the game yesterday. It's already kicking my ass (I stared on normal). One of the most challenging Contras (for me anyways) ever. I find this almost as tough as Hard Corps.

My DS has been only my alarm clock for the last 6 months. For the first time in a long time I'm playing a great game on my DS! Konami always will rock. :)

Easily a 10/10 game. Everyone grab this game!

I can't wait to see the mention of Contra HQ.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 12:34:27 AM by Elby Damned »
----------------------------------------------------
Check out Elbryan42's Doom Depot! Check out the Doom 64 TC and download some Doom music.
http://doomdepot.doom2.net/

Tags: