Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Yahtzee Reviews Symphony of the Night  (Read 10369 times)

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Yahtzee Reviews Symphony of the Night
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2011, 08:11:07 AM »
I would agree with the difficulty curve in SoTN, even though it never really bothered me.
As for Yahtzee's reviews, I never really liked them. The humor never appealed to me, and some of his points can seem pretty biased or badly constructed like the free roaming thing mentioned in the LoS reviews. A better criticism would be explaining why the stage-by-stage approach is actually detrimental to LoS's gameplay design. Thankfully, Yahtzee makes up for his bad reviews with some pretty decent games.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2011, 06:07:58 PM »
Yeah it's pretty awesome :) . Found it on Danbooru while looking for Castlevania fanart.
http://danbooru.donmai.us/data/cf7f4ab058f8be84d393ed5f67931983.jpg
I found some pretty nice CV pics, but I'm too lazy to start a new topic :D

You should add the NSFW warning on Danbooru. it, like Gelbooru, is VERY NSFW
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2011, 12:49:08 PM »
You should add the NSFW warning on Danbooru. it, like Gelbooru, is VERY NSFW
Yeah sorry  ;D. I'll try to remember to add it next time . Hope you didn't get into too much trouble.

Offline Nail_Bombed

• Indra's Fire
  • Vampire Hunter
  • What A Horrible Night To Have A Carlsberg
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Metal Ireland
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2011, 03:13:01 PM »
Cheers a bundle whoever posted this... after watching the SOTN review I immediately proceeded to waste about an hour tittering myself into a hernia at the rest of Yahtzee's reviews. Hi-larious stuff. He does seem to be the games reviewers version of British film critic Mark Kermode - albeit a lot more sweary and a hell of a lot more curmudgeonly - and faster-talking.
If a man chooses, and a slave obeys, then what are you if you choose to obey?

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2011, 06:06:22 PM »
Yahtzee is a smelly unshaven twat.

Actually, his reviews aren't bad, it's just that after you've seen a few they lose their charm. At least for me.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 06:08:04 PM by Vampire Killer »
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2011, 09:05:33 PM »
Yeah sorry  ;D. I'll try to remember to add it next time . Hope you didn't get into too much trouble.
Im not saying it for me. Im saying it for others who dont know what those places are.

Actually, his reviews aren't bad, it's just that after you've seen a few they lose their charm. At least for me.
maybe you. I still find them funny.

Thing is, you shouldnt actually take him that seriously. He often brings up good points, but in an exaggerated fashion.
yknow, like Michael Moore.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 09:09:05 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline default2k

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2011, 12:07:48 PM »
I find a little uncomfortable seeing the comment section with pictures of the actual posters...
maybe im just not used to it...

Tags: