Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: least favorite character(s)  (Read 22521 times)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2011, 09:42:18 AM »
She was cuter in DXC anyway. (: Ayami's art is way better than the generic Anime style Rondo had (though not as generic as DoS and PoR). Plus, I actually like the DXC outfit more anyway, though a lot of people seem to not. We need to sic Pedobear on them cuz of their weird obsession with the near-upskirts of Maria they oh so love so much. ^.^
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2011, 12:15:26 PM »
I'm actually happy to see I'm not the only person that preferred DXC's version of Maria (though she is my least favorite character from the Dracula X series).

I'll go by game (for those I care to mention):
Castlevania -Super CV IV: The Bats, Medusa Heads, and Crows. So many pits...so much time being knocked into them... For CV II though, it's the townspeople. Their advice is so useless...
Dracula X/SOTN: Maria. As mentioned before, I just found her to be quite useless as a whole and it seemed like they gave her transparently bad reasons for even being there, let alone being important at all. As for the Rondo version, the anime inspired vibe only made her existence seem worse: she was far too cutsy in appearance, VA, and overall tone. Coupled with her very odd powers of having animals fight for her and it just made her laughably bad. Though the powers seemed a bit better in SOTN, it still seems out of place.
CotM: Hugh. Jealous d-bag.
HoD: Juste. To be honest I'm not sure why but I just didn't like him that much. Maybe because he seemed like Alucard-Lite. His personality was pretty bland as well.
AoS: To be honest, I found everyone but Soma, Alucard, and J. pretty useless. Mina was just a-typical I-am-but-not-really love interest that gave some information (like with Hammer, anyone could have done that), Yoko was just...there and Hammer set up shop but honestly, they could have had anyone do that. And Graham was pretty bland as well.
DoS: See AoS. Unless you count the non-canon ending...then everyone actually had a purpose. But by far, the villains were worse. Maybe the artwork rubbed off on the personalities (anime) because they were like Team Rocket without any of the fun humor: they were just flat out lame and very shallow characters with very cliche` personalities for their roles.
PoR: Charlotte and Johnathan 'No Problem' Morris. They're just very bad anime cliche` characters, from design to personalities, to actions. Even the final battle after they beat Dracula and Death...I just wanted to punch Charlotte for her stupid 'team work' banter she gave them.
LoI: I don't really dislike anyone so much as I dislike the melodramatic fashion every acted in. I laughs far too much than I should have. XD
CoD: St. Germain (SP?) because he was just very out of place, even as a time traveler it just felt odd for him to be there. Issac just made me...uncomfortable after a while. Like he was FAR more into to Hector than he let on---but on a far darker, creepier level. Plus when he stabbed Trevor...seriously, Issac is just unsettling. LOL But I don't hate him...I'm just O_o about him.
Judgement: Aeon. He seemed like more of a reason to excuse St. Germain's existence more than anything else. (The whole time traveler's/watchers of time/whatever thing) His design doesn't bother me (even if he did look like L's older brother from Death Note) too much until we got to the black lipstick. Didn't really understand that one. LOL.
LoS: Gabe, mainly because of who he's actually suppose to be.  I like my Dark Lords evil, sitting on thrones, and tosses glasses of blood while screaming "Have at you!". Though I wasn't a big fan of too many of the characters in this game. (...or the story for that matter...)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2011, 01:53:15 PM »
I'm actually happy to see I'm not the only person that preferred DXC's version of Maria (though she is my least favorite character from the Dracula X series).

I'll go by game (for those I care to mention):
Castlevania -Super CV IV: The Bats, Medusa Heads, and Crows. So many pits...so much time being knocked into them... For CV II though, it's the townspeople. Their advice is so useless...
Dracula X/SOTN: Maria. As mentioned before, I just found her to be quite useless as a whole and it seemed like they gave her transparently bad reasons for even being there, let alone being important at all. As for the Rondo version, the anime inspired vibe only made her existence seem worse: she was far too cutsy in appearance, VA, and overall tone. Coupled with her very odd powers of having animals fight for her and it just made her laughably bad. Though the powers seemed a bit better in SOTN, it still seems out of place.
CotM: Hugh. Jealous d-bag.
HoD: Juste. To be honest I'm not sure why but I just didn't like him that much. Maybe because he seemed like Alucard-Lite. His personality was pretty bland as well.
AoS: To be honest, I found everyone but Soma, Alucard, and J. pretty useless. Mina was just a-typical I-am-but-not-really love interest that gave some information (like with Hammer, anyone could have done that), Yoko was just...there and Hammer set up shop but honestly, they could have had anyone do that. And Graham was pretty bland as well.
DoS: See AoS. Unless you count the non-canon ending...then everyone actually had a purpose. But by far, the villains were worse. Maybe the artwork rubbed off on the personalities (anime) because they were like Team Rocket without any of the fun humor: they were just flat out lame and very shallow characters with very cliche` personalities for their roles.
PoR: Charlotte and Johnathan 'No Problem' Morris. They're just very bad anime cliche` characters, from design to personalities, to actions. Even the final battle after they beat Dracula and Death...I just wanted to punch Charlotte for her stupid 'team work' banter she gave them.
LoI: I don't really dislike anyone so much as I dislike the melodramatic fashion every acted in. I laughs far too much than I should have. XD
CoD: St. Germain (SP?) because he was just very out of place, even as a time traveler it just felt odd for him to be there. Issac just made me...uncomfortable after a while. Like he was FAR more into to Hector than he let on---but on a far darker, creepier level. Plus when he stabbed Trevor...seriously, Issac is just unsettling. LOL But I don't hate him...I'm just O_o about him.
Judgement: Aeon. He seemed like more of a reason to excuse St. Germain's existence more than anything else. (The whole time traveler's/watchers of time/whatever thing) His design doesn't bother me (even if he did look like L's older brother from Death Note) too much until we got to the black lipstick. Didn't really understand that one. LOL.
LoS: Gabe, mainly because of who he's actually suppose to be.  I like my Dark Lords evil, sitting on thrones, and tosses glasses of blood while screaming "Have at you!". Though I wasn't a big fan of too many of the characters in this game. (...or the story for that matter...)

I like a lot of your points. I'll post mine like that, since all I had to say was "Dmitrii".

CV (and all of its remakes)+CV2: I'd have to say the same about this one. Except for the villager part. It wasn't the villager think that aggravated me. It was how half-assed the bosses were in CV2. Three severely limited bosses. -_-
Dracula X Chronicles: Overall? I'd have to say Shaft. He was pretty bland and only thought of "Master this" and "Master that". And then said things that didn't make sense like, "Belmont? How can you be here? Blast it. Very well!" And then teleported. When of course, later he decides to take you on. I don't see why he didn't just do it there. Of course, Dracula decided to completely leave out the fact that the Succubus's opponent happened to be his own son. >.>
Circle of the Moon: Morris. He was utterly useless.
Harmony of Dissonance: Maxim. He was fail all the way, and kind of a jealous d-bag just like Hugh.
Aria of Sorrow: Yoko. As cool as she was, she was useless.
Dawn of Sorrow: Hammer. Hammer shouldn't be some guy with a puppy love crush for Yoko. He was a badass in AoS. Come on, what is this?
Portrait of Ruin: It was Vincent. All he did the entire game was complain.
Lament of Innocence: I think Rinaldo. "You're going in there to destroy the Vampire that locked me away in darkness, and avenge my daughter. Doesn't matter, the potions are still 500 gold." Seriously? What a jerk.
Curse of Darkness: Hector. He was dense, made stupid comments, jumped to so many conclusions, etc. And he had a fat face. "So... those two are enemies..." Astounding observation from Hector.
Judgment: Maria. Come on. Maria is one of my favorite characters in the series and you had to go and ruin her and turn the entire game into some stupid anime fighter because all she cared about were boob sizes. >.>
Lords of Shadow: Haven't played the game yet (played demo though), but I'd have to say the talking unicorn from stage 2. That just threw me off.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2011, 11:21:38 PM »
The only character in the entire franchise who really, really got on my nerves was Claudia. From her Final Fantasy-esque relationship to the black knight, to the weird way she'd gesture as if she were actually talking, and the constant badgering about crystal shards.
(click to show/hide)
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2011, 01:27:55 AM »
The only character in the entire franchise who really, really got on my nerves was Claudia. From her Final Fantasy-esque relationship to the black knight, to the weird way she'd gesture as if she were actually talking, and the constant badgering about crystal shards.
(click to show/hide)

Don't forget her footballer armx20. Did you see how high she threw that crystal thing? D:

Offline 赤月

• 血月下の薄夢華
  • Vampire Hunter
  • A cesspit of hatred and lies! Wait, what?
    • Awards
Re: least favorite character(s)
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2011, 01:34:42 AM »
Did it have to do with his badly written dialog? :P

Joachim's cool. If you don't count how much of a pussy he sounded like in his introduction cutscene and how retarded he looked in the next one. He didn't look like he was in pain, he looked like he needed to have a shite. XD But if they actually showed more Joachim, like his past about his rebellion against Walter and all that, and MAYBE didn't kill him off so stupidly... and MAYBE got the idea that Leon could've let him out and together they could take down Walter...

MAYBE Joachim would be cooler. Just sayin'. (:

I am not the only one that think a Joachim / Leon tagteam would be awesome.
Joachim is actually quite a badass character, IMO. Having telepathy and floating and all.
Having Joachim shoot out that energy beam at enemies always made me smile.

And copying Kamirine's example:
Castlevania I ~ III: Medusa heads, just plain hate them! No matter how many time I kill them, they just keep on spawning. And stop pushing me off the ledge!
Castlevania Rondo of Blood: None so far, since I haven't beat it yet.
Castlevania Lament of Innocence: Rinaldo for not having his shop inside the castle. Seriously, it's a pain always needing to leave the castle just for additional potions. <- I'm lazy that way.
Castlevania Curse of Darkness: St. Germain for being a pain in the neck to fight, and I thought Rondo of Blood bosses were a pain. You're not Dracula, so don't go regaining HP on me!
Castlevania Aria of Sorrow: Haven't beat it yet, so can't say.
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow: I am okay with the cast here.
Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance: I am okay with the cast here. I would say the merchant though, but I stopped visiting him after my required scenes with him.
Castlevania Dracula x Chronicles: Haven't beat it yet, so can't say.
Castlevania Symphony of the Night: Shaft, for what he did to Richter.

and last but not least, Gabriel Belmont, for practically replacing Leon in the canon.

Offline Successor The Cruel

• In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might...
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Beware my Power! Green Lantern's Light!
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Chapel of Resonance
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2011, 03:38:53 AM »
Joachim has cool attacks, a kinda' interesting back story, and his boss fight is sort of clever. I don't mind the character, but I gotta' admit, the "I'll beat you to a pulp" line is quite awkward : o

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2011, 04:29:47 AM »
(click to show/hide)

A man after my own mind.

I neglected to mention the Magical Nitro in CV64. I know, it's not technically a character, but the level of bullshit and its retarded placement gave it a kind of sadistic nature, like Medusa Heads and Crows. You can almost feel it laughing at you when you get just a little too eager around those giant cogs. GRRRRRR

Offline 赤月

• 血月下の薄夢華
  • Vampire Hunter
  • A cesspit of hatred and lies! Wait, what?
    • Awards
Re: least favorite character(s)
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2011, 04:39:49 PM »
Joachim has cool attacks, a kinda' interesting back story, and his boss fight is sort of clever. I don't mind the character, but I gotta' admit, the "I'll beat you to a pulp" line is quite awkward : o

Yeah, when he said that to Leon, I was like "That line is so last decade, bro. Now a days it's 'I'll beat the crap outta you'."

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2011, 04:51:22 PM »
The DoS villains. I guess it's been voiced many times already, but they were just too juvenile for me. On the other hand, I imagine the younger audience the game was geared towards wouldn't have much of a problem with them.

I wasn't a fan of the YOOOOOOOOO THERE YOU ARE guy from OoE. I think his name was Abram. His dialog was completely grating.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2011, 05:00:23 PM »

I wasn't a fan of the YOOOOOOOOO THERE YOU ARE guy from OoE. I think his name was Abram. His dialog was completely grating.

Really, I wonder if Richter had a bunch of kids out of an extramarital affair, and abandonded them in Wygol Village because he was ashamed of how dumb they were.

I hated pretty much all those villagers. That chef does not deserve to be related to the Belmonts. At all.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2011, 05:16:36 PM »
Really, I wonder if Richter had a bunch of kids out of an extramarital affair, and abandonded them in Wygol Village because he was ashamed of how dumb they were.

I hated pretty much all those villagers. That chef does not deserve to be related to the Belmonts. At all.

I completely forgot that they were all related to the Belmonts. The villagers were pretty forgettable for me, so I won't say I hated them. I'm indifferent more than anything.

Offline Puwexil

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Will viciously hate any that draw his/her ire, with little provocation. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2011, 05:21:47 PM »
Cooking is about heart (just kidding!). Humming a Gradius song. Monster photojournalism. Tom the Cat.

That was the best village and you know it.

Tags: