Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Final Fantasy Type 0 = ultimate RPG!  (Read 9670 times)

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011, 09:55:27 AM »
brand new story trailer!

more characters revealed!

English Subs - FFType-0 [零式] Natsubi trailer

It seems like from Class ZERO, the ones remaining to be revealed are 3, 5 and 10. 

This trailer reveals Seven, Jack and Deuce, as well as some NPCs and villains.  This is actually the first trailer where Qator's character is introduced in cutscenes.

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2011, 01:27:00 PM »
for those interested in more media and info:

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/07/26/ff_type_zero_interview/

On Main Characters
Tabata once again attempted to explain the game's unconventional handling of main characters. Type-0 is not told from a specific perspective. It's meant to show historically what actions were taken by Class Zero (this is the class the game's playable characters are in). So, rather than saying there's a main character, Class Zero is the main role. Tabata also reiterated that the Machina and Rem characters are special, although this doesn't mean that they're the main character and heroine.

"Tabata and the team have worked hard to depict the game as a story of war and all the conflicting emotions that brings; they have also not shied away from showing images of violence and blood that are usually not present in the style that is normal for Final Fantasy. They imply that they must be careful with these scenes to send the right emotions."

■ Deuce
Deuce is the brown-haired girl that wields a flute in battle. She is very loyal to her duties at Class Zero, and she is kind-hearted and good-natured even if she can be a bit stubborn. It seems as if manipulating the pitch of her instrument will cause different effects in battle. Her special ability “Concerto” will create an opening in which you will be able to attack an enemy targeting her.

■ Seven
Seven is the young woman whom wields a sword-whip. While her expressions are somewhat cold she is kind and good-natured. It is because of this personality that she has won popularity with the underclassmen at the Suzaku Peristylium. Seven’s sword-whip is able to come apart and damage enemies at both close and long range. Her special ability “Catch” seems to ignore elevation differences between Seven and her enemies.

■ Jack
Jack is the young man that has slicked-back hair and weilds a katana. He seems to always have a smile and is able to make wise-cracks easily. In dangerous surroundings he is encouraging his peers to take it easy. Jack’s play style is heavily involved with timed sword strikes, and his special ability “Surrender” is sort of a fake-out attack where he appears to surrender but then throws his weapon into an enemy.

3 more members to go!

Andoria
Andoria is the princess of Concordia, and has a special relationship with the Dragon Queen (which is also the Souryuu crystal) through this role. She respects order and discipline and has a noble and fair spirit.

■ Celestia
Celestia is from the nation of Concordia and is a member of the prestigious knighthood that protects the Souryuu Peristylium. She is very prideful of her nation.

■ Phantoma
Phantoma will play a large part in the game in the field and how your characters will progress and evolve their magic. When enemies are defeated, you can draw Phantoma from their corpses which comes in three colors: red, yellow, and purple. Doing this will restore your MP in different amounts depending on that color, but where Phantoma is really useful is the development of Class Zero’s magical assets.

■ Magic
The three main schools of offensive magic in Final Fantasy Type-0 are Fire, Blizzard, and Thunder spells. The spells themselves can be modified so that the function in very different ways although they are of the same element. They can be altered to have similar effects to shotguns, rifles, bombs, missles, and rocket launchers. Dengeki lists:

SHG: Shotgun-type magic that is powerful at short range but fires in a wide shot with little range.
RF: Long-distance magic with a narrow shot that shoots straight for the target.
BOM: Powerful at close range and can be used to make quick work of swarming enemies.
MIS: Homing magic that will chase after an enemy. At higher levels it will follow longer.
ROK: Magic that is aimed over-the-shoulder. When it strikes it will deal damage to adjacent targets.

For example, the spell “Fire-RF” will function as a long-range “rifle” shot of fire.

■ Altocrystarium
Similar to Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Type-0′s Crystarium will serve as the basis for developing character skills. For magic, the article cites that to refine “Fire-RF” to a higher level of magical potency, six red Phantoma must be used. You will be able to alter the attributes of your magic such as: potency, MP efficiency, casting time, range of fire, and rate of fire.

Many many many new screenshots! 

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/07/29/ff_type_0_screens/

here are samples

« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 09:46:08 PM by affinity »

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2011, 09:57:42 PM »
One of the characters, Seven I think, looks like a younger Lightning.
From what I understand thins thing is built on the same engine as CC:FF7.
Wasn't it nice back in the day when SoM was Square's action RPG and FF was an actual RPG? I miss those days. I also miss the days when every game square made DIDN'T have the fucking final fantasy label attached to it. I know they were pushing this as part of the FF13 series at first but I guess at some point they just had to admit that it really hasn't got a damn thing to do with FF13.
"Stuff and things."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2011, 10:27:52 PM »
a good final fantasy that isn't tied to a 90's title?
Is Square Enix finally redeeming themselves?

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2011, 09:08:27 AM »
AWESOME NEWS!

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/08/05/ff_type_0_demo_date/

August 11 is the Japan PSN demo release date!   And it includes unlockable summer costumes for full version.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2011, 09:48:42 PM »
Just played the demo, This game is AWESOME!

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2011, 09:28:33 AM »
here is Extended trailer for those that care (you can also find it on official website)
Though warning it spoils some things they should have saved as surprise.   But  I guess new trailers can't show a lot without showing too much sometimes.   ;D

FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 EXTENDED TGS 2011 Trailer

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2011, 08:30:53 AM »
very recommended to watch this 11+ minute gameplay trailer!

Shows many many incredible and inspiring things!

Final Fantasy Type-0 (PSP) : Gameplay video (long version)

It's really proving to be the ultimate single player Final Fantasy, and possibly ultimate rpg with story and characters with extreme potential that could surpass other rpgs and stories!!  ^_^

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2011, 12:37:40 PM »
Looks like Steve Blum might have spilt the beans about a localized version on Twitter, the tweet was later removed.

And for those who dont know, he's voicing a guy named King for a Final Fnatasy game, who just so happens to be in Type 0.

Edit: Turned out to be false, sorry.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 12:46:47 PM by Kingshango »

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2011, 12:01:52 AM »
Looks like Steve Blum might have spilt the beans about a localized version on Twitter, the tweet was later removed.

And for those who dont know, he's voicing a guy named King for a Final Fnatasy game, who just so happens to be in Type 0.

Edit: Turned out to be false, sorry.
Final Fantasy type-0's Localization is inevitable, it's only a matter of time before we get the Best Final Fantasy as of late.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2011, 11:03:48 PM »
Revived Thread from the Grave!

FF Type-0 International Releases announced for US and EU!!!

Tags:

anything