Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Rondo of blood for PC ( did anyone else know about this?)  (Read 30459 times)

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Rondo of blood for PC ( did anyone else know about this?)
« on: June 13, 2011, 11:31:52 PM »
I happened to be searching around for a better way to play rondo of blood than using that damn cd with an emulator, and I happened to find this:

Rondo of blood for PC: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X2P2ZS50

It is literally an EXACT copy of the original game. According to the thread it just takes the original source for the game, compiles it in mednafen, and voila: instant rondo of blood, PC engine perfect for the PC. Here is a link to the thread: http://snesorama.us/board/showthread.php?t=20398&page=2

I just played thru the game: it is literally EXACTLY like the PC engine, except that the non cd music has it's volume equalized with the cd music, so it doesn't sound overly loud anymore. :D
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Re: Rondo of blood for PC ( did anyone else know about this?)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 11:33:30 PM »
Hoh-lee shit. Nice find, Esco. O:

Now I don't need to download a PCE emulator. Last one destroyed my comp.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 11:42:32 PM »
I use Ootake to emulate that pc version of RoB and it works great.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 11:50:15 PM »
I knew about this. Had the pleasure of trying it out too. Now what would be great is if we could hack in a proper stage 5' and maybe upgrade the non cd music. It's untranslated too, right? Not that there's much to translate.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 12:29:32 AM »
Wow. Just played it, and its a flawless port of the game. It's quite amazing. I just beat the game (going the alternate path) as Maria (course, went through stage 2 to unlock her as Richter)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 05:02:55 AM »
Yeah we've been known (the older members of the forum).
We even know the guy who helped create the executable.  His name is Sliver-X. :)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Gemini

• Maria's Pimp
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Falling!!
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Devil Hackers' Nest
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 06:01:48 AM »
Wow. Just played it, and its a flawless port of the game.
This is not a port at all, it's just the entire ISO of Rondo+mednafen made into an executable form so that it would play as-is on any PC. It's basically the same imbNES (NES emulator for the PlayStation) does when you have only one game in the list and it boots as if no emulator is running in the background.

Offline Arma

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • My, currently outdated, blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 06:23:39 AM »
cool, maybe now I can play it my piece of junk Pc. It's been a long time since I played with Richter in this game, Maria sucks. Low endurance.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 06:51:57 AM »
Recompiling the source? What source? The game is already compiled data. You don't leave source code on a sales copy, or any copy really.

All it is, is a self contained emulator and ISO. Nothing fancy, and as Jorge said super old news.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 09:55:22 AM »
This is not a port at all, it's just the entire ISO of Rondo+mednafen made into an executable form so that it would play as-is on any PC. It's basically the same imbNES (NES emulator for the PlayStation) does when you have only one game in the list and it boots as if no emulator is running in the background.

I call anything like ISOs, ROMs, etc. etc. a port. Cuz, that's kinda what it is. ^^

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 10:04:18 AM »
Except it ain't that.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 10:09:07 AM »
I'm aware. ^^

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 10:33:16 AM »
I don't think it's nice to misinform others who might not know the difference, though.  Bad form, Peter! ;)

A port has been designed, from a programming standpoint, to use the calls and programming of a foreign hardware than the one it was designed for.  Things like porting the SNES FInal Fantasy IV to PSX.

Rondo of Blood for PC is an emulator with an ISO attached to it.  It's just emulation.  It's using PC hardware to try and perfectly emulate the PC-Engine SuperCD-ROM2 hardware architecture, through software.  The ISO has never been 'ported'.  Savvy?

You can call it whatever, but you would be wrong. And someone might listen to what you say and perpetuate the wrongness.  It's better to be informed. :D
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2011, 10:57:45 AM »
Alright. I'll call it emulation from now on. ^^

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2011, 03:03:21 PM »
Wow, some of you guys sure like to nitpick shit that doesn't matter. Lol, don't you know that you are wasting good gaming time like that?  ;D
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 03:06:00 PM by Esco »
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Tags:

anything