Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: The Accursed Seal - a cv2 remake  (Read 45599 times)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Castlevania: The Accursed Seal - a cv2 remake
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2011, 01:52:58 AM »
I'm gonna need suggestions on music, I'm gonna be using music from all over the place and will take suggestions and If they fit the glove they go in.
UPDATE I have a bit of frames of Simon Done including a Modified 5 frame Diagonal\Vertical whipping animation.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 01:59:20 AM by Kamui Zero »

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Mikepjr

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2011, 07:56:43 AM »
oh the HD isn't gonne be standard with the graphics, all oh the in game graphics are probably 2x or 4x scale the original size to avoid too many small things in one place, the HD is really gonna work for the HUD and some of the smaller things on mapping, haven't quite thought it through, the first concern is game maker's ability to support widescreen. all I see are 3:4 resolutions, yet I went to the gamemaker forums and found a couple 720p games. I'm gonna have to learn this stuff, but I can learn really quickly If I had an example template, which is what I relied on in my RPGMaker XP days.

I still use RPG Maker XP lol.. i'm working on a phantasy star fan game and a final fantasy inspired game.

By the way, what audio format do you plan to use? Midi? MP3? OGG? SPC?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 08:02:35 AM by Mikepjr »

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2011, 08:33:49 AM »
I still use RPG Maker XP lol..

I do, too. :P

But yeah, I'd like to know the audio type.
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Offline Mikepjr

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2011, 08:50:09 AM »
 The reason i was asking about the audio, is cause i have some midis i arranged for CV2 that might be useful.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2011, 09:27:54 AM »
Yeah, I've made some, too.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2011, 04:24:40 PM »
I have as well. ;)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Mikepjr

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2011, 04:56:47 PM »
I think a lot of us have, as it is prolly for a lot of us, our favorite of the 8bit nes CV games, i know it was my favorite back on the NES, at one point i was trying to remake part 2, but my graphics were basically just hyper colorized and detailed versions of the 8bit graphics... basically they were the 8 bit graphics with way more detail lol, i gave up though cause i'm not a programmer.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2011, 09:09:05 PM »
I'm currently not into .midi but I do like synth, I'm going for a mp3, ogg format

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2011, 09:17:22 PM »
I think a lot of us have, as it is prolly for a lot of us, our favorite of the 8bit nes CV games, i know it was my favorite back on the NES, at one point i was trying to remake part 2, but my graphics were basically just hyper colorized and detailed versions of the 8bit graphics... basically they were the 8 bit graphics with way more detail lol, i gave up though cause i'm not a programmer.

My favorite of the original trilogy was and will always be Dracula's Curse. :3

I have as well. ;)

Yours are probably some of the best I've heard.
By the way, since we're on the topic of music... Is it alright if I go through your MIDIs in order to get the basic parts of a song (such as the bass and melody)? I won't take any of the extra stuff that you added in, just the things from the original tracks (a note is I found out that your Wicked Child MIDI has the same notes in the melody as mine. I thought that was kinda odd). It'd certainly be better than me constantly asking you for sheet music when I need it.

I'm currently not into .midi but I do like synth, I'm going for a mp3, ogg format

I can do that, too. :)
Of course, I haven't made a CV song in quite a while using synth. I've moved onto MIDI for a while now. My Synth program is actually much more effective in making MIDIs. XD

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2011, 10:03:38 PM »
well, somewhat good or bad news, I'm going back to 480x272(PSP) instead of 480x275 for the resolution of the game and Dropping the Current Berkeley Mansion in Favor of a more ground up approach using the modern maps as a guideline rather than the Lazy Re-texture in the mockup, this will allow me to make maps more Spacious and overall better, this will not change anything too drastic, I am just trying to put more quality per map into the game as well as make a Great layered example of the maps in case anyone wants to join me in mapping

UPDATE: I'm just gonna go with a SOTN Layout but change everything in between, Resolution will not be of concern yet in this game if mapping to the resoluion is too time consuming
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 04:57:34 PM by Kamui Zero »

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2011, 09:11:26 PM »

Berkeley Mansion mk. 2
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 09:27:47 PM by Kamui Zero »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2011, 09:15:08 PM »
That actually looks pretty realistic... except since it's SotN, there will probably not be stair implementation, just hills, right?
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2011, 09:41:45 PM »
yeah, I'm not doing stairs in this version, was seriously thinking about it, but end decision was no since stairs didn't really play a huge gameplay element is CV2, and Stair Obstacles are only fun one time around.

Offline julianbelmontxx1

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2011, 09:51:33 PM »
yeah, I'm not doing stairs in this version, was seriously thinking about it, but end decision was no since stairs didn't really play a huge gameplay element is CV2, and Stair Obstacles are only fun one time around.

i agree,the cv2 stair climbing is very annoying,that´s what i hate of the classic games.
the berkeley mansion looks pretty cool,i love it.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2011, 06:58:25 AM »
it looks good but I like the old version better. It looks more like it belongs in cv2 than sotn

Tags:

anything