Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Dragon's Crown may be the co-op successor to D&D Tower of Doom and SoM  (Read 17129 times)

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Dragon's Crown may be the co-op successor to D&D Tower of Doom and SoM
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2013, 06:00:06 PM »
That skeleton is like "Get offa me! You think you're the only one with a sore back?"

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2013, 07:41:07 PM »
+1
These boobies seem official to me. :p
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2013, 03:30:39 AM »
While the gameplay looks ontrack (almost a direct copy of D&D Tower of Doom and SoM), why do some of the boss enemies look so damned goofy?

I already have Chronicles of Mystara to tide me over, but this....this looks like it's half good, but those enemies. I hope the look changes/changed in the final release as I like games like this (the D&D games, King of Dragons, Knights of the Round, Magic Sword).

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2013, 03:34:05 AM »
I hope the look changes/changed in the final release

Welcome back and this game have already been released for almost a month.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2013, 03:39:42 AM »
+2
Heh didn't leave, just been busy.  ;)

Yeah I kinda don't keep up with new releases, I did play the heck out of Chronicles of Mystara. So this is how the final product looked like eh......... maybe when I can find it dirt cheap.

But then again this looks HD.....*shudders*.  :P

Then again it looks like it ripped badly from the D&D games, along with Guardian Heroes. Maybe, maybe for once I can look past the visuals, but I'll forever shake my head by just how much it plays like the Capcom titles. The devs must've been huge fans of Capcom's games.  :P
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 03:55:17 AM by Bloodreign »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2013, 03:30:20 PM »
Yes for sure, its looks like a D&D games made for actual days, its not a bad thing but will leave a different taste for you if you are searching for something like the original titles.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2013, 04:23:39 AM »
Some cosplay.
(click to show/hide)
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2013, 04:53:27 AM »
I can't tell if those jugs are digitally altered (droopitized) or if it's just the background messing with my eyes.

Still waiting for some rule 34 material of the Amazon eating out the little fairy. It's such a silly image in my head.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2013, 09:07:40 AM »
You can already find rule34 with fairy in it, not just 2 or 3 but a lot. You visit paheal?

And this image is obviously photoshopped, since I can see her nipples, if they were real they would have a different form in this image. It seems that even the clothes and everything else was digitally inserted in a nude body.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2013, 12:18:18 PM »
+1
Heh didn't leave, just been busy.  ;)

Yeah I kinda don't keep up with new releases, I did play the heck out of Chronicles of Mystara. So this is how the final product looked like eh......... maybe when I can find it dirt cheap.

But then again this looks HD.....*shudders*.  :P

Then again it looks like it ripped badly from the D&D games, along with Guardian Heroes. Maybe, maybe for once I can look past the visuals, but I'll forever shake my head by just how much it plays like the Capcom titles. The devs must've been huge fans of Capcom's games.  :P

That's kind of the point, Bloody-sama XD Kamitani worked on Tower of Doom a long time ago (http://www.1up.com/news/vanillaware-george-kamitani-dragon-crown) and he wanted to create a modern successor to that game. :D

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2013, 08:51:52 AM »
I've just order it from play asia, tomorrow is going to get shipped, but it will take at least 10 days by regular mail to reach me..... :(
Ruler of Chaos

Tags:

anything