Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: New Belmont Theory (LoS)  (Read 18061 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2011, 08:22:25 PM »
that's still a very vague reason why a family can use a whip that was soul-bound by a forefather.

and yet again, where are the drawbacks? trapping a poor woman's soul in a whip forever for the ultimate weapon of destroying evil has to have a catch.

She agreed to it. And the whip seems to have a certain degree of sentience, or emotion.

Leon sensed rage from it, and when Chaos was defeated in Aria, Julius felt the whip weaken. Which I would interpret as "relief"

And why would there be drawbacks? She agreed to sacrifice herself.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline darkwzrd4

• All Powerful Spellcaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: New Belmont Theory (LoS)
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2011, 08:34:09 PM »
I think you are mistaken jestercolony.  Yes, the description of the combat cross did say that there were two chains created for it.  But, Gabriel had both of them.  When the game started, it just had the regular chain with no spikes and then during the quest, Gabriel found the the spiked one.  Also, when Gabriel broke the combat cross, the chain was retracted.  In other words, he completely destroyed it and left the pieces behind in the dimensional rift.  The only way for Rinaldo to make a new combat cross would be to go into the rift and retrieve the pieces or build it from scratch.  No human can survive the rift.  Then again, we don't know what precisely Rinaldo is.  All we know is that he is rumored to still be alive and has lived for centuries.

Maybe the weapon the hero wields in the next game, regardless of if it is a whip or not (it should be, if it is a "Belmont"), will be magical instead of a ordinary weapon soaked in holy water.
She agreed to it. And the whip seems to have a certain degree of sentience, or emotion.

Leon sensed rage from it, and when Chaos was defeated in Aria, Julius felt the whip weaken. Which I would interpret as "relief"

And why would there be drawbacks? She agreed to sacrifice herself.

You make a good point Flame, but keep in mind that this may not be correct.  The whip has the power to destroy vampires and the other "children of the night".  That's it.  Chaos has nothing to do with it.  Let's remember that LoI along with the creation story of the whip came out after AoS.  Also, at that point, it was only the Belmonts (and humanity) against the evil count Dracula.  There was no mention of a despite between Dracula and the Belmonts other than simple good versus evil.  In essence, Dracula is evil and evil needs to be destroyed. In other words, classic good versus evil. Nothing more.

With that in mind, I can't really explain why the whip's power started to weaken.  It's true that Dracula was considered the incarnation of evil in that game.  So, I guess we could say that by Soma defeating Chaos, he severed himself from the Chaos.  The cycle of resurrection following defeat that had persisted with Dracula had been stop, which is he reincarnated.  That fact is that his soul may have still be bound to the Chaos and by defeating Chaos, Soma severed his link with it.  The lack of a being of complete darkness bound to Chaos may have had such an effect on the whip.  It is never truly explained.  I guess this is just another example of IGA's spectacular story writing (sarcasm).

Speaking of IGA's method for how he makes a CV game (gameplay first and then story, which is then shoehorned into a storyline with more plotholes than DBZ), I wouldn't be surprised if he was the real host for Chaos.  With that in mind, I guess that makes him the real Dark Lord.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 08:59:16 PM by darkwzrd4 »
Behold my power and tremble

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2011, 09:16:50 PM »
Chaos? all that is is the manifestation of dracula's power in the castle allowing him and the castle to be immortal.

Since they are both DEAD Chaos has no relevance.

The Vampire killer itself is a Plothole as its physical properties are constantly changed without reason, hell, it's creation process doesn't make much sense. Use Black Magic to Trap a person's soul into a weapon, It'll SOMEHOW become Holy....

............ Fuck that IGA's Writers are fucking Morons.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2011, 12:54:49 AM »
Just wanted to chime in.

I was sorely disappointed with IGA's idea for the VK's origins. Personally, since the series seems to be somewhat based on a Christian world-view (Belmont's using "holy" powers and whatnot), I felt it would have been much cooler to have the VK assembled from pieces of the whip that scourged Christ before the crucifixion. That whip would have been soaked in Christ's blood, which imo would make it about as powerful a weapon against unholy creatures as you could get.

In my version, the Roman soldier who did the scourging would have been the same soldier who said in one of the gospels immediately after Jesus died "truly, this man was the Son of God" (or something to that effect). Eventually, he would have been one of the first gentile converts to Christianity. The whip (which he kept to remind himself of his violent past), gets handed down through the generations, eventually ending up being owned by the Belmont Family. This whip is then eventually remade into the VK.

As for "why are the "Belmont's so special?", I figure you could have it be a type of blessing/curse. Because of the sin of scourging the Lord, the descendants of that soldier are cursed to "hunt the night" (or something like that), but are also blessed with extra abilities to do so. As for "why can only they use the VK?" think of it as being something like how in the Old Testament, only descendants of the tribe of Levi could actually touch the Ark of the Covenant. Anyone else touching would just simply die.

Anyhoo, I liked the idea of making Belmont either the new name of the Brotherhood, or a name given to a warrior within the Brotherhood who has risen to a certain degree of skill and ability. Kind of the being designated a Green Beret within the Army, or Special Forces in the Airforce.
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2011, 01:16:19 AM »
VK's origins. Personally, since the series seems to be somewhat based on a Christian world-view (Belmont's using "holy" powers and whatnot), I felt it would have been much cooler to have the VK assembled from pieces of the whip that scourged Christ before the crucifixion. That whip would have been soaked in Christ's blood, which imo would make it about as powerful a weapon against unholy creatures as you could get.

In my version, the Roman soldier who did the scourging would have been the same soldier who said in one of the gospels immediately after Jesus died "truly, this man was the Son of God" (or something to that effect). Eventually, he would have been one of the first gentile converts to Christianity. The whip (which he kept to remind himself of his violent past), gets handed down through the generations, eventually ending up being owned by the Belmont Family. This whip is then eventually remade into the VK.

As for "why are the "Belmont's so special?", I figure you could have it be a type of blessing/curse. Because of the sin of scourging the Lord, the descendants of that soldier are cursed to "hunt the night" (or something like that), but are also blessed with extra abilities to do so. As for "why can only they use the VK?" think of it as being something like how in the Old Testament, only descendants of the tribe of Levi could actually touch the Ark of the Covenant. Anyone else touching would just simply die.

WTF
dude seriously?

I had this same idea for years now, literally damn near the same exact idea.
while reading it, my pupils dilated and i may have felt a slight tingle in my pants
Is that what's supposed to happen? Or could have?

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2011, 01:30:30 AM »
If I had the power to retcon, I would use VK's origins of the whip instead of LoI's, seriously that would make a much better origin of the Vampire Killer.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2011, 01:35:20 AM »
Use Black Magic to Trap a person's soul into a weapon, It'll SOMEHOW become Holy....

Contrary to LoI's story short-comings, Alchemy isn't black magic which I'm sure you already know.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2011, 01:38:10 AM »
WTF
dude seriously?

I had this same idea for years now, literally damn near the same exact idea.

LOL, I came up with the idea around the same time that LoI released. I think it's what made me so disappointed in IGA's idea. Cv has always had the Belmont's using their holy powers as it's backbone, and then IGA decides to make it about alchemy. WTF? I may be a bit biased in this department being a Christain and all, but come on. Making the main power behind the VK be alchemy would be like Capcom making a prequel Mega-Man game where-in instead of tech, we find out that all this time he's been using magic in his mega-buster.

Honestly, I'm not surprised that someone else had the same idea. Considering the Christian background in Cv, it seems kind of obvious if you think about it.

while reading it, my pupils dilated and i may have felt a slight tingle in my pants
Is that what's supposed to happen?

Are you supposed to get tingly feelings in your pants? Depends on the situation. Hope that tingly feeling wasn't a loss of bladder control from the shock ;)
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2011, 02:50:23 AM »
Contrary to LoI's story short-comings, Alchemy isn't black magic which I'm sure you already know.
Alchemy is more of a Religious form of Chemistry with alot of spiritualism attached.
that Ritual performed in LoI is Magic, since it technically harms the target it's Black Magic.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2011, 11:20:29 AM »
Alchemy is more of a Religious form of Chemistry with alot of spiritualism attached.
that Ritual performed in LoI is Magic, since it technically harms the target it's Black Magic.

True enough, though I've never heard of Alchemy 'harming' anyone in reality unless it was abused.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2011, 11:24:23 AM »
Chaos? all that is is the manifestation of dracula's power in the castle allowing him and the castle to be immortal.

Since they are both DEAD Chaos has no relevance.

The Vampire killer itself is a Plothole as its physical properties are constantly changed without reason, hell, it's creation process doesn't make much sense. Use Black Magic to Trap a person's soul into a weapon, It'll SOMEHOW become Holy....

............ Fuck that IGA's Writers are fucking Morons.

Has the whip really ever been referred to as "holy" in the original Japanese story?

And I don't think Sara was harmed in the process. She willingly sacrificed herself.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2011, 11:51:16 AM »

Equivalent exchange. Sarah sacrificed her vampire soul in order to give the whip the ability to harm vampires.

Sounds nothing like black magic. You ever watch Full Metal Alchemist? life and souls are a pretty common (if taboo) subject in alchemy.

I assume its a Holy element because of the Belmont wielding it. THEY are holy elements. As such, they take extra damage from demonic elements.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2011, 01:48:12 PM »
Equivalent exchange. Sarah sacrificed her vampire soul in order to give the whip the ability to harm vampires.

Sounds nothing like black magic. You ever watch Full Metal Alchemist? life and souls are a pretty common (if taboo) subject in alchemy.

I assume its a Holy element because of the Belmont wielding it. THEY are holy elements. As such, they take extra damage from demonic elements.

did you Know Full Metal Alchemist doesn't have a Damn thing to do with Alchemy?

The only things that are Common or Taboo in Alchemy is Transmutation, and Astral Projection, NOT binding souls to objects or anything of that nature.

Equivalent exchange is completely irrelavent to an alchemist's Magnum Opus.

The only ties FMA and Castlevania have with true Alchemy is the fact of mentioning the Philospher's stone.

TRUST ME, I have done TONS of research on this shit a long time ago.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2011, 02:10:48 PM »
I still bet on the villager boy saved by Gabriel to reclaim the Belmont surname honoring Wygol's hero.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2011, 02:45:51 PM »
And did you know LoI can make up whatever the hell it wants in regards to Alchemy?

Tags: