Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: A DmC platforming video...  (Read 6460 times)

Offline Vrakanox

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 03:15:15 PM »
Yes any 3D Castlevania should have platforming like this and having it be open world be killer.

And Lords of Shadow 2 is pretty much happening at this point(I wouldn't be surprised if it's already in alpha stage by now), it's just a matter of when Konami gonna offically announce it.

I wouldn't be completely against an LoS 2 providing they make it a lot more like Castlevania.

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 06:39:59 PM »
I got into a huge youtube battle yesterday with some douchbag claiming to be Hideki Kamiya about this very vid. I called it Devil May Cry 2.5 and said from a game design standpoint everything about the presentation, architecture, color pallette, etc. all scream DMC 2. Even though I did say that even though I don't like everything about the new DMC, I am still hyped to play a new DMC. You guys should check out the thread on the vid, it's hilarious. I will say the combo system with the weapons looks fantastic though. As for the grappling hook thing, I think Ninja Theory are trying to expanding on the grappling arm deal from DMC4...

I am calling it a reboot of DMC2 now. (Hey, it looks much better than DMC2!)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2011, 07:25:34 PM »
I wouldn't be completely against an LoS 2 providing they make it a lot more like Castlevania.

One just needs to take a look at the recent games to see how much they're eating Konami's Lunch:
-Assassin's Creed (the way it uses combat and weaponry, plus the way the climbing and platforming are done)
-Batman: Arkham (the way that series' games do both platforming as well as the way you can mix it up in combat with your 'gadgets' is topnotch)
...and other games like Uncharted and such, come to mind.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2011, 11:32:07 AM »
Indeed. If they keep being in the business so half-assed, the gameplay ideas most suitable for CV get taken and they're going to seen as copycats, no matter what they do.

But they don't seem to care whether or not they're copypasting, so I suppose they're not worried at all.

Tags: