Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: CV Series Fan Game/Rom Hack and Game Creation/Hacking tools Directory Thread  (Read 17773 times)

Offline markyjoe1990

• The Final Boss
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I am the fooker
    • Markyjoe1990's Fire Emblem Den
    • Awards
Accidentally posted this on the wrong board. Sorry about that.

May I request people post all hacking tools, Castlevania game creation tools, fan games, and ROM hacks on this thread?

I'll keep this first post up to date and create a list of anything pertaining to the above so that people can access them quickly.

Thanks in advance.

NOTE: Please do not link to ROMs. Only patches for ROMs will be accepted.

Fan Games:
TitleAuthorStatusDescription
Symphony of the Night HACKEDEscoDemo outInitially a hack of Symphony of the night, but has since been moved to Game Maker.
Vamprotectordarkmanx_429Close to having a demoA game that plays like a mix between Contra and Castlevania.
Castlevania: The Demon CastleInccubusDemo OutAn "8-bit megamix" of all Castlevania I incarnations.
Castlevania: The Greatest FiveClaimh SolaisBackburnerAn 8 bit castlevania RPG

ROM Hacks:
TitleAuthorStatusDescription
Simon's Quest REDACTIONThe people at www.almightyguru.comFinishedA Castlevania II hack that attempts to fix most of the game's flaws, such as the dialogue.

Game Creation Tools:
Game Maker 8.1 - A general purpose game creation tool that can be used to make Castlevania games.
Intro to MMF2 (PDF File) - A tutorial towards using Multimedia Fusion 2, which can be used to make Castlevania games.
The Games Factory 2 - Another general purpose game creaiton tool.

ROM Hacking Tools:
Stake - A Castlevania I editor that can change many things including levels and palettes. Made by Dan.
CursEd - A Castlevania II Editor that can change levels, graphics, text, etc. Made by never-obsolete.
reVamp - A Castlevania III Editor by Rouki that allows for editing levels and other things.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 09:44:34 PM by markyjoe1990 »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
For people that are done with Game Maker..I guess my game would fit this thread as well...lol

Intro To MMF2 Full pdf:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/7c4d0a
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 11:12:59 AM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline markyjoe1990

• The Final Boss
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I am the fooker
    • Awards
Your game?

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
You can go to Zophar's Domain for a list of various rom hacking files and their download links. CV1 and CV2 have rom hack utilities listed there, and of course ReVamp is there too.

I also like FCEUX (emulator) because you can hack the ROM data itself while you play the game.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline markyjoe1990

• The Final Boss
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I am the fooker
    • Awards
You can go to Zophar's Domain for a list of various rom hacking files and their download links. CV1 and CV2 have rom hack utilities listed there, and of course ReVamp is there too.

I also like FCEUX (emulator) because you can hack the ROM data itself while you play the game.

Yeah, I'm probably gonna link to a lot of programs there. I'm not in the mood to do it right now though.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline markyjoe1990

• The Final Boss
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I am the fooker
    • Awards
Slightly updated the list to include the suggestions given.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
My game's thread is too old to link to. :(
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
So make a new one Mr.Admin. 8)
"Stuff and things."

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
The 3D game I was originally director of is on infinite pause, till some things can be worked out. >.>
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Corpsecrank

• XXX
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Still uttering the same nonsense.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
The game factory 2 might be worth mentioning. It goes right along with game maker and mmf2. That would actually be my choice having looked at all 3 of the options.
You can find all my projects here: https://thetilepile.blogspot.com/

Offline markyjoe1990

• The Final Boss
  • Vampire Hunter
  • I am the fooker
    • Awards
Got it. Updating the first post.

Offline Mega Man Model T 101

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Hey guys, any suggestion on what program I should use? Since I tried using Game Maker and it didn't work properly, tried to reopen it, and I couldn't because a program was somehow still using it, and I couldn't really turn said program off for some reason, I had to restart.

Well, wondering which program I could use that's quick to understand and able to produce good results.
The Legend shall live again....

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Link to my 8bit RPG "Castlevania: The Greatest Five". However, it's put on an indefinite hold since I lost all my tilesets. I'm also gonna resprite the main cast and give it a plot revamp (no pun intended).

http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,3795.0.html
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Tags:

anything