Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Peke on Virtual Console?  (Read 9956 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« on: April 22, 2012, 01:05:28 PM »
Is it possible to play the minigame on the VC Rondo of Blood? Would be cool to have some way of accessing it, but I'm guessing not, which is le bogue. Thought I'd try and find out, though.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 10:19:30 PM »
Nope  :-\

Everything comes full circle

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 08:23:51 AM »
You probably already know, but it's unlockable in the Dracula X Chronicles.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Everything comes full circle

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 05:29:38 PM »
Koutei saves the day. 8) I'm so glad I asked.

In case it isn't clear enough (it took me a few tries to really understand), while in the game, hit the Home button to bring up the menu, and while holding down

Upper Left, 1, 2

select "Reset" and keep holding the buttons until Peke loads. I assume doing this will also load the minigame if you're booting the game fresh without resuming a previous session, just gotta hold the buttons down during the bootup.

Koutei, just curious what the full title screen would translate to, and what "Peke" is or how to pronounce it, etc.

This portion below I'm pretty sure is "Dorakyura" or "Dracula" but the kiddish lettering makes it a little difficult for me to discern:

While this part kind of confuses me and doesn't look like "Akumajou":

However, on the cover of my PS2 Haunted Castle disc, there's this (in yellow box):

which looks to be similar, so is that just the simplified version (katakana?) for "Akumajou"?
(If you could type those characters for me, I'd appreciate it.)

Then there's the so-called "Peke" part. 8)

What are those characters anyway (if you could post them) and what meaning do they have?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 05:33:45 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 05:55:49 PM »
+1
You are correct the top part of the title says akumajouDORAKYURA, which is, of course, Demon Castle Dracula.
The X mark that has the pronunciation "peke" is a pun of sorts. A peke is an x mark as such that would indicate an incorrect answer on a test. Hence this can literally be translated as Demon Castle Dracula Wrong, as opposed to Demon Castle Dracula X.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 06:01:50 PM »
+1
Upper-Left, 1, 2 button is made keeping pushing it on this screen.
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/nnkrmg/imgs/c/7/c7993751.JPG
                           resets?
(The contents which are not saved are lost)
        YES                                   NO

or, Upper-Left, 1, 2 button keeping pushing, Plus A button (Wii remote control crosswise direction)

"Akumadyoo". This writes a "Akumajo" in the style which clowned.

Dorakyura. Dracula.

オレたちゲーセン族, Oretachi Gēsen Zoku, We Are Arcade Gamers.

"PEKE" is a dialect in a Japanese Kansai area. It means being "failure", "mistake", and "not being useful".
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 06:09:58 PM »
Ah, cool! That increases my love for this little oddity all the more. 8)

Could "Devil's (or Demon) Castle Dracula Error" perhaps be an apt translation? An error for putting in the wrong HuCard (I think that's how you access the minigame natively).

By the way, how do you pronounce "HuCard"? It's always bugged me. "Hue card" (the way I've been doing it)? "Who card"? "Huh card" ("Hu" pronounced like in "Hudson Soft")?

By the way, just for fun, here's how The Dracula X Chronicles handles the text.

"Akumadyoo". This writes a "Akumajo" in the style which clowned.

Not sure I get your meaning. Is it a silly way of writing "Akumajo"?

Thanks, Inccubus and Koutei! My nerd knowledge increases.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 06:24:11 PM »
It's "Demon Castle Dracula Whoops". xD
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 06:37:06 PM »
+1
My pleasure
 :)

Could "Devil's (or Demon) Castle Dracula Error" perhaps be an apt translation?
I think that it is good. HuCard is Hyū Kādo. I do not know the meaning.

Akumajyo Dracula PeKe
Probably, the localizer abandoned translation.

Not sure I get your meaning. Is it a silly way of writing "Akumajo"?
This mini game itself is a parody.
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 08:26:10 PM »
It still pisses me off they put this in Dracula X Chronicles and not the SNES version. Sure, I know a lot of people don't care for it, but it's still better and more fun than that
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 10:00:14 PM »
Having Dracula XX in the collection would've been dandy, but I think it's great that Peke is unlockable since it's in a way part of the original game.

What would be nice is if the SNES game got a Virtual Console release—even nicer if they restored the blood and anything else that got cut out, but apparently that's asking too much.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 10:18:43 PM »
You know what I think should be done to DXX?
Replace Richter with Hanz -> Now an alternate continuity/parallel universe game -> PROFIT
...That may not be the best of ideas now that I think about it. :-X
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 10:22:16 PM »
I was just thinking about the 32X game. Does there exist a beta or anything at all of it? D:

But I'd be all for playing Hanz just because he looks cool.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Tags: