Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: My Diabolic Date Gave Me Crabs (censored, but NSFW, I guess)  (Read 7445 times)

Offline Patraw

• Dracula's door mat
  • Hunter in Training
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Mark's Art Page
    • Awards
My Diabolic Date Gave Me Crabs (censored, but NSFW, I guess)
« on: April 24, 2012, 07:44:28 AM »
+2
Succubus

Breathtakingly beautiful demonesses that can be encountered in Konami's 2005 Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow Nintendo Dual Screen (NDS) video game (original Japanese title: Akumajo Dracula: Sougetsu no Juujika, which translates as Demon Castle Dracula: Cross of The Blue Moon.) The creatures Lilith (monster #44) and Succubus (monster #86) share the same game sprite, although they do differ in color and capabilities.

Materials:
Newsprint, white glue, wire twist ties, and acrylic paint.

Dimensions:
9.0 cm/3.5 in. x 5.8 cm/2.3 in. (widest point x highest point)

Time:
Four days: April 6, 8, 10, and 11, 2012.

For comparison/informational purposes, below are some relevant images:

An amorous Succubus latches onto Soma Cruz and begins to drain his life force.

Soma Cruz finds out the hard way that this quartet of Yoko Belnades look-alikes aren't what they appear to be.

Succubus entry from the in-game bestiary.

Flame Necklace description (normal Succubus item drop).

Pitch Black Suit description (rare Succubus item drop).

Werecraw

A crawfish therianthrope (Greek for "beast-man") that can be encountered in ASCII Entertainment's 1991 Wizardry Gaiden I: Joou No Junan (Wizardry: Suffering of The Queen) Nintendo Gameboy roleplaying video game. Said title was one of the many Wizardry spinoff games published exclusively in Japan.

Note that it's possible that this creature's name might actually be "Wereclaw" instead of "Werecraw". The Japanese language doesn't have the English "l" sound, so they approximate it with "r"; as such, the katakana characters for "kurou" (which is pronounced similarly to the English word "crow") could be interpreted as either "craw" or "claw". That said, therianthropes are generally named for the kind of organism that they transform into, not a part of their anatomy (Werebats and Werecrows aren't referred to as Werewings for example.) Further, many therianthropes have claws, in some form or another, so Wereclaw is arguably a title that's too general in nature to correspond to a particular species ('Werepincer" would be more anatomically precise, although still not a perfect solution, assuming the existence of Werecrabs, Werelobsters, etc.) On a related note, "wer" or "were" is an archaic English term for "man", so a more literal name for this creature would be "Man Crawfish".

Materials:
Newsprint, wire twist ties, white glue, sand, fishing line, and acrylic paint.

Dimensions:
4.0 cm/1.6 in. x 4.3 cm/1.7 in. (widest point x highest point)

Time:
Four days; April 4-6 and 10, 2012.

* I didn't make the crab and lobster figures pictured above, those are actual toys that I bought.

For comparison/informational purposes, below are some relevant images:

The party encounters a single Werecraw in battle.

The party encounters some 'Grotesque Objects' and 'Creeping Things' (unidentified Seekers x 3 and Werecraws x 2).

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: My Diabolic Date Gave Me Crabs (censored, but NSFW, I guess)
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 08:48:16 AM »
Oooh... cellulite.  My one weakness! :P :P :P  <3
Nice monsters, Patraw.  You always share such high quality figurines, dude. :)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 08:49:25 AM »
Amazing work as always, you never cease to surprise me. Keep it up!!! ;)
Ruler of Chaos

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 06:04:33 PM »
Did the succubus really have to be censored? We're all adults here...right? and the fact that the human figure is something to be proud of and not shunned. Good work by the way  :)
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 10:41:59 PM »
+2
Did the succubus really have to be censored? We're all adults here...right? and the fact that the human figure is something to be proud of and not shunned. Good work by the way  :)

TRANSLATION: He wants to see green bush. On that note, right click some of the pics, copy the address, and try removing the censored parts of the name.

................ your welcome. ;)
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline Patraw

• Dracula's door mat
  • Hunter in Training
    • Mark's Art Page
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 08:44:30 AM »
Thanks for the comments everyone!

As far as censorship goes, the last time I posted some nude artwork here (my illustration of the same Succubus character), I was told that I should have put NSFW in the subject line, despite the fact that I had already censored the image, so, I thought I'd be extra careful this time so as to not upset anybody.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 08:59:36 AM »
You're fine, no worries. :)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 09:58:19 AM »
+1
Well the main reason why I don't like censorship is that it's a blatant violation of artistic expression. You created an art piece therefore your freedom of how it's portrayed should be paramount. Besides, art is supposed to be provocative. It is meant to bring out all sorts of emotions and thoughts. If someone here thinks that it is offensive in any stretch of the manner then the art piece is a success.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 11:06:14 AM »
Very nice!!!

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Tags: