Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2446256 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
So I found this at my twitter today...

I'm guessing that's Gabriel or some character in the Brotherhood of Light.
If that IS a in-game shot...then HOLY SH*T! I must say I am pretty hyped now seeing how Mirror of Fate is getting pretty positive reviews at this point!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Internal trailer?? C'mon!

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
So Cox tweeted about a trailer that only a small group of people will get to see? That's kind of a douchebag thing to do :(

Image looks nice, though.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
Not really, developers do this all time. They gotta make sure the hype gets running. Besides the trailer we will get to see won't be anything close to this 'trailer' or 'gameplay' this trailer would be probably 10-15 minutes long summarizing the whole game, so this screenshot is something nice they have done, even though MoF is what everyone is focusing on in Mercurysteam.

As for the tile/sword thing, I've already tweeted him about what is that thing near his right hand? That maybe a sword though. Remember this?

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Even still, I find it douchey that he publicly announced something that will be shown in private. Oh well, it's kind of amusing.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
>Make trailer for game
>Make no intention of showing it to the public
>Make comment on Twitter about this, showing said comment to the public

How baffling. When did Konami turn into Square-Enix? :3c

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Remember when game companies just didn't bullshit around when they released info? It was just, we're releasing info or not. None of this beat around the bush crap, none of this announcing something before it was even greenlit(damn you Capcom), no secretive teasing how cool these games are, yet saying, "Oh no, not yet! Just forget about it for a while...". Yes, Square Enix is notorious nowadays for pulling that crap. You have internal guys raving about how the footage of Versus is jawdropping, "Oh, but wait a while. Set your sights first on Toriyama's new venture in FFXIII, Lighting Returns!". I still say, there SHOULD be a law that game companies could ONLY announce a game(make it's presence known publically) if the game, itself, is near half completed. None of this announce it in pre-production when they haven't even started working on it, or like I said with Capcom, announcing it before it was even GREENLIT(Mega Man Legends 3...... URGGHHHHHHH!). I say, there should be a video game regulator! Whip those companies in shape! ;D

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
>Make trailer for game
>Make no intention of showing it to the public
>Make comment on Twitter about this, showing said comment to the public

How baffling. When did Konami turn into Square-Enix? :3c

When money started flowing all over their offices.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I don't know, I thought we would only get to see MoF items, but hey LoS2. But Ahhh well, you guys have a point too, don't tease us like that.

Anyways, anybody notice how this picture incorporates daylight? Like the last game? Vampires in Daylight... I suppose they read Bram Stoker's then. Nosferatu did it wrong with Vampires burning though. We better not have that with Gabriel though, the only thing I can accept is Gabriel's powers weaken, much like Dracula. In LoS, we did have burning Vampires in the Castle Hall. Why wouldn't Gabriel Just plan his attack on night time? It would be easier.

satvara

Love the art design in that shot. Gothic and sinister.

I'm assuming that is likely the first glimpse of the actual game... got my attention.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
 About the daylight thing, Laura was also in broad daylight when she first appears in Reverie.
The sunlight is all in the chess room and the castle hall...
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
well new canon dictates that vampires sparkle in daylight, so it's all good :B

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
So that means Powerful Tiered Vampires can survive in daylight AND have same amount of powers like Laura? Naaah those windows were UV proof maybe :P (Yeah those windows shattered) But since Gabriel is stronger than Laura and Carmilla, can he survive in daylight? That's the thing. Time will tell I suppose.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Well, some media always tend to fancy the idea of more powerful vampires (like, say, Dracula) being able to go out in broad daylight with maybe the sole drawback of having little to no power, whereas lesser lower vampires will burn up
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
AFAIK, according to the old legends, vampires weren't that vulnerable to the sunlight.

anything