Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania-Hunters of the Night(Fan-game)  (Read 25635 times)

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
Castlevania-Hunters of the Night(Fan-game)
« on: November 25, 2012, 08:58:22 AM »
+2
 :oA Richter Belmont sotn style cloak skin i plan to use in Hunters of the Night, the other fan
game i'm working on atm. Here you see various moves i have made for him using Leo/Crimson's
engine as a base to test with. At this time i'm having some issues with the inventory,but i
will keep at that to fix the problem.
Castlevania:Hunters of the Night(fan game) - Richter Belmont Preview
As you can see Richter has many moves i've planned:
-whip attack
-sword attack
-alternate sword attack more likely for elemntal weaponry
-overhand weapons
-katana sword attacks(when i have them sprited)
-various hand to hand combat moves, some of which are new
-a spear attack
-a knife stab attack
-a stabbing sword rapid attack(for weapons like rapiers,estocs,main gauche,kris naga)
- i may add various other orginal new attacks aswell
-plans to make some new weaponry

The game will include other playable characters aswell, but as for who they are is still
undecided.

I am very much leaning towards making Annette a playable character.As i have a
stance,and run for her already(though she is not coded in yet). She will obviously not have
overhanded swinging moves with heavy weapons or weild a whip cause she's not a belmont. She will however more than likely have a crystal ball weaponry,black magic, light magic, this and that, to replace the whip/overhand weapons.

She may still use regular swords, knifes, katanas, hand to hand combat,etc. Not sure on the 3rd player, maybe a rondo style maria, or possibly Iris or Terra. As for the players they will all have inventory for weapons, items, body gear,accesories,etc. In Annette's case she will have some diffenr things in her arsenal that Richter or Maria can't use such as capes. This game is in baby stages atm, and much credit has to be given to Leo Pedrozza and Crimson Curse for setting up a very workable engine with permission.

This game will not be a remake of any other like the Super Castlevania 3 project i am a part of. More over it will be a sotn metroidvania style fan game castelvania Called Castlevania: Hunters of the NIght. I already have 5-6 songs lined up for a custom sountrack aswell that will be featured in the game when it is ready for play.

That may be some time as no time table is set, and i am rigoursly working on SCV3 to complete that game.Many sprites still need reworking even on Richter himself:stance,walk,whip attack,handgun sprites,and ice whip. And as well, my skills are not in the coding department so this may take some time to develop. Well, enjoy the vid!
 8) 8) 8)

One last tid bit a makeshift select screen idea:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 09:16:18 AM by Las »

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania-Hunters of the Night(Fan-game)
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 09:13:58 AM »
Not bad work!!! I'd love to see the final game, keep it up.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 09:24:10 AM »
Thanks, yeah no real storyline yet, though i did have some interesting idea on a plot though. I was going to have the storyline idea based on someone stealing religious artifacts that sealed away dracula appaerntly forever in eternal slumber. But someone has stolen several differnt artifiacts. And you the player, must search through 9 gates of hell to find each artifcats, guarded by bosses. Something like that. Obviously it would be sorta extensive with a massive amount of enemies, and many bosses like sotn just with a difernt storlying,players, and new moves. It would get much deeper than that but that is a basic premise for a storlying concept.

Along the way you would rescue maybe Iris or Terra and be able to use one as playable character in unlock mode or something. I really haven't decided all that yet. And it's sorta far away as i have to learn how to code alot of stuff in. My biggest hurdle is making armor, and weapons give you more or less stats,depending on what you have. Same with food items. Moreover i will have to learn how to add the extra players globally yet give them some various differnt moves as they will not all play the same way.

Yeah i'm planning on adding differnt whips for richter like fire whip,medusa whip, lightning(thunder)whip. Also planned to put in a guile morphed flash kick as one foot weapon.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 09:31:17 AM by Las »

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 09:29:35 AM »
Well, i like that you have Richter using different weapons and not limited to the whip and as for the story, while simple it's not very bad. I wish you best of luck with learning how to code all these thinks. ;)
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 09:34:35 AM »
+1
Yeah it will take some time as i experiment with this and that looking at tutorials which are useful. And i have a couple of buddies Crimson and LC who are helping me out with coding problems, that i can take and use from SCV3 towards this game. Still it will take a long time to do,but will be adventerous aswell. If the game gets completed,and teh coding very sharp, i may release the source at some point for others to view code to make their own games/engines with. You know help the cv fangame community. :)

Yeah seeing that it's made in game maker, if their's any gml coders who wanna help with coding/tips for this project that is more than appreciated, as i'll need all the help i can get on it.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 09:37:12 AM by Las »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 06:57:45 PM »
The martial arts seem interesting...

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Claimh Solais

• Ronove the Radical
  • Master Hunter
  • GO FIGHT!!
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Claimh Solais
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 06:59:47 PM »
Engine and gameplay look pretty sick. Can't wait to see more.

Kinda gives me an idea for my own game...
Currently Playing: Resident Evil 2 [N64]
Games Beaten This Year (2020): 20 Games

Ericard

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 06:12:24 AM »
The sprite looks awesome!!! :o

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 09:46:01 AM »
Looks good Las! However I think my only complaint so far is that Richter's Vampirekiller whip is too short.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 07:14:08 AM »
Yeah there is quite a bit of rework i must do in alot of the sprites. Some are finalized while others need to be re-adjusted. The whip you are refering to is the steel whip not the vampire killer(which i think is supposed to be a more purple hue). But either way it used to be shorter than that. I did extend it somewhat out further maybe i'll make it go even further out than that or make the ball at the end a little bigger. My idea is not to make any of the weapons so overpowering it's a walk through. But then again it would depend on your stats and the weapons status more over and not the fact that(say the heaven sword) can tear through pretty much anything. Eventually when i can figure out all that stuff i will adjust it all.

there is at least one thing i failed to show that i had done. It's ricter's death animations. I literally took alucard's from sotn(not richter's old version,but alucards) took out all the blood spats, reworked the sprites into richter and then reinserted all the blood spats. It looks much better imho. I may make an alternate death yet, but it's not super necessary. I suppose we'll see what happens. When i get more weapons,moves,animatiosn done on the engine, i can post another video in the future. Hopefully by then i'll figure out how to manipulate the inventory better which i'm having some rather big issues with atm.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 07:18:09 AM by Las »

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 05:54:26 PM »
Awesome job man! :o

But with all that arsenal of weaponry he has,even i wouldn't go for the whip..

How about make them unlockable as you progress?Whip as a starting weapon?

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 06:13:55 PM »
Freaking sweet sprite for Richter. Hope you nail the level design too.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 09:35:16 PM »
Yeah he's far from being done what i have planned for him,certainly his weapon aresonal.Obviously one of your first weapons will more than likely be the steel whip( an average but useful totting whip). I still would like to figure out how to code in the whip twirl in. That may be kinda cool and adapt that too all the whips. Some weapons may only be acessable after you beat a boss, or unlockalbe via enemy drops.

Yeah some of them will be harder drops than others of course. Some will be ridicuosly hard drops. That will depend on the strength of the weapon of course. Same with any defensive weapons like persay the ring of varda. If i add that don't expect it to show up randomly or be an easy drop.

Anything that valuable in the game should be ridiculoulsy hard. I think too if i made a shop owner he'd buy back more shit and sell more, but at times in the game he'll sell less depending on where'd your at. I do plan on adding in more enemies and bosses, it may take a while assuming i can code them in and when, and if i can get help or not. That will be a hugh factor i'm sure.

Offline reiko26

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2012, 11:03:24 AM »
now this is freaking awesome. i like how richter can unlock new weapons like alucard in sotn. epic stuff man. plus i already know them stages your making are on fire. Im definately going to be following this hot thread fa sho
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 11:05:23 AM by reiko26 »

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2012, 11:11:28 AM »
Cool!  8) 8) 8)

anything