Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: LoS - Mirror of Fate (SPOILER DISCUSSION)  (Read 60497 times)

Offline Dragon Warrior

• I am the greatest hero
  • I am the greatest hero
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)
Re: Castlevania: LoS - Mirror of Fate (SPOILER DISCUSSION)
« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2013, 01:45:03 PM »
+1
IGN gave this game 4/10 ITS A SHAPE, the other reviews gave it 7/10 and that what should be

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2013, 03:05:58 PM »
Alucard's intro around the 24 minute mark.

Castlevania Mirror of Fate Walkthrough Part 3

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2013, 11:32:01 AM »
I've been watching a playthrough of MoF. It looks like how I thought it would, gameplay and visuals(gameplay I don't care for, visuals I find stunning). One interesting nod was the carousel in the Toy Maker's Funfair. The "riding animals" that you have to dodge as the carousel spins around are Medusa Heads, Behemoth(RoB) heads and Maneaters(AoS). There's also some sort of Lion head with bat wings for ears that I'm not sure if it's a nod to anything in particular.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #108 on: March 07, 2013, 11:42:18 AM »
Manticore is a lion with bat wings.

Its a Boss from Aria of Sorrow.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 12:32:28 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline son_the_vampire

• Chilly Lemonade
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I see you over there.. Yeah you
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Chronicles: Akumajo Dracula (X68k/PS1)
« Reply #109 on: March 07, 2013, 01:20:19 PM »
u didnt mention the lobster tail either. i think it was a snake in DoS
Twitch.tv/TrippyLemonss

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: March 07, 2013, 03:37:30 PM »
+2
I just completed the game 100%. Aside from a few flaws, I really enjoyed the game. Spoilers: I wish the game was longer and that there were more enemies. I'm not big on how many hits it takes to defeat most of the enemies. I really dislike how Simon was portrayed during the Dracula battle. Why even include him in the game if you're going to basically piss on him like that? He's Simon Belmont! In any, and every, canon, he should be treated with the utmost respect! All Belmonts should be! However, I like how Trevor/Alucard was portrayed, for the most part. It disappointed me that it didn't show Trevor/Alucard tell Simon that he was his father. And did anybody else think that the "Lost Soul" was either Satan or Zobek?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 03:45:07 PM by Thomas Belmont »

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #111 on: March 07, 2013, 04:23:28 PM »
Carmilla was resurrected as the succubus. Satan was resurrected as the nightwatcher and Cornell was resurrected as the Forgotten One and then cursed as a Demon Lord. See the connection here? It's the lack of resources. They used the same voice actors.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #112 on: March 07, 2013, 04:49:28 PM »
Satan was resurrected as the nightwatcher and Cornell was resurrected as the Forgotten One and then cursed as a Demon Lord. See the connection here? It's the lack of resources. They used the same voice actors.

Yes Cornell and The Daemon Lord were voiced by the same actor, but they did not use the same voice actors for the others. Jason Isaacs and Sally Knyvette (Carmilla) weren't even in MoF, and Alec Newman was The Night Watchman.
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #113 on: March 07, 2013, 07:30:09 PM »
Why is Alucard able to survive sunlight in the ending but not when the demon lord exposes him to dawn?

Everything comes full circle

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #114 on: March 07, 2013, 07:36:28 PM »
Why is Alucard able to survive sunlight in the ending but not when the demon lord exposes him to dawn?

I wondered this too, I don't think he found anything that made him impervious to sunlight.

Unless he can in bat form but I dunno.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 07:40:18 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #115 on: March 07, 2013, 07:39:52 PM »
I wondered this too, I don't think he found anything that made him impervious to sunlight.
Well Cox said he was not a regular vampire, as he had a reflection too. IDK, perhaps he becomes more human with time?

Everything comes full circle

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #116 on: March 07, 2013, 07:54:34 PM »
Well Cox said he was not a regular vampire, as he had a reflection too. IDK, perhaps he becomes more human with time?

If I remember correctly, the reflection in the sword thing was said by cox to be more due to the sword being a "special one" rather than him not being a regular vampire.

In fact, I really don't recall him saying he was not a regular vampire, maybe I missed it but I only recall him saying that Alucard wields a special sword in LOS2 which is why he had a reflection in it.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #117 on: March 07, 2013, 09:32:13 PM »
It sounds more like a error of continuity to me, atleast I didn't noticed it until mentioned here, maybe they dont too?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Black Cat

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: March 07, 2013, 09:45:30 PM »
Well they didn't seem to remember the part about vampirism being voluntary from the first game so why not another continuity error?

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #119 on: March 08, 2013, 01:34:14 AM »
+2
Having just finished this game, I have to say I really enjoyed it. Just wish it was longer.

Only thing I'm miffed about is how Simon seemed like such a side-character. I mean, they made Trevor into a total badass, but Simon just seemed like Trevor's derpy son that only got in the way during the final battle.

I just wish they would make a mirror of fate 2 where Simon really gets a chance to shine. Too bad he's already 36 in this timeline.

Tags:

anything