Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: How many whip hits before you die?  (Read 8424 times)

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
How many whip hits before you die?
« on: January 09, 2008, 07:48:16 PM »
*random*
How many do you think you could take before you turned into a bag of money? (How meni HPs u gots?!)

I suppose I would take one if it were a headshot. 5 or so if it was a body shot. (It would also depend on the Belmont I suppose.)

Basically I was thinking about how skeletons die with 1 hit and wondering how real humans would compare to them.
-----------------------------------------------
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 09:29:10 PM »
I'd probably take as many hits as the gardener...
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 03:31:29 AM »
Ah screw that. Real whips hurt like a mother****er. Id run like a bitch if someone came after me with one.

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 12:00:57 PM »
I thought that this was some kind of a cheesy joke you made up. Like a "why did the chicken cross the road?" sort of thing
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 12:27:54 PM »
In Reply To #3

I agree completely a nice crack from a real whip is enough for just about anyone.

On a side note this is something Ive always felt strongly about but very rarely get the chance to talk about outside of the occasional friend in RL.

Why are skellys always one of if not THE weakest undead creature? It doesnt make since at all. And I dont mean just games I mean even in movies if they have skellys at all theyre always lower forms of undead. Ive always thought it should be the exact opposite. The only way a skelly would be possible at all would be some very powerful magic/necromancy on the bones themselves to make them animate and make the skelly even possible. They have no muscle no flesh nothin. The weakest part of them is the bones themselves but would probably be rock hard because of the magic animating them.

All this would make them infinitely harder to kill than say zombies and other reanimated corpses that are more hindered by the weight of the dead skin and organs than helped by it (its dead so its no longer working thus the slow movements and odd postures)

Id say skellys would be an undead to be feared right up there with wights and shades etc. I mean what good could you do with normal means against a skelly? If you scatter it the magic would just pull the bones back together (like the red skellies) and on itd come. Itd probably be almost impossible to break the bones because of the enchantments on em to make it work at all in the first place. So like the incorporeal creatures that only magic can hurt how would you fight em?

Anyway just somethin Ive thought about for years and always noticed was always the opposite in every movie/game/story/book/etc that Ive ever seen. Even in DND skellys are the lowest form of undead. 

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 01:09:22 PM »
Well, whips hurt, but come one, one hit kills you? No. Look at peole  like slaves. Theyve been whiped a lot but it never killed after just a few hits. I think on a real person it would take a lot of whipping on one central spot, like the heart to kill them, but with the morning star, theyd be dead within a few hits... anywhere.
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 02:18:45 PM »
Haha. One hit cant kill you. It'll hurt like a bitch, but it wont kill you. Depending on the type of whip, you can get deep lacerations though.

Offline Mr Sven

• Did Blow up Megaton City - Dirty Ghouls!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: How many whip hits before you die?
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 02:32:11 PM »
I just went googling for images to see the extent of whip lacerations and i assure you if you do the same that it's NSFW - and the real non sex whip wounds are pretty hard to come accross too!
Legio XIII

<-------- It's mee!

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 04:30:27 PM »
Haha, I meant a whip like Richter's. Holy powers and what have you. I know that a regular whip wouldn't be able to take me down like that even though it would hurt.

Yea, skeletons do seem to be weak in everything. Weren't they kind of tough in Jason and the Argonauts?
Nowadays you are either a graphics whore or a fanboy. BR is Shank not CV. It is ridiculous to think that it is better than CV. If it was CV then it would be what RE4 is to Resi, a series killer. Dumb it down and make it look pretty. Enough idiots will buy it.

Offline Mr Sven

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 04:40:24 PM »
Richters Chain whip is pretty much a star flail with a long chain.

I would be dead in the first shot to the head even without holy elements.

now in the kneecaps i could take as many hits as he could dish out cause i couldnt run away
Legio XIII

<-------- It's mee!

Offline Cypress

• Whip's Memory
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 04:50:54 PM »
In Reply To #10
After a hit with that you no longer have kneecaps heheh.

They should add enemies that can have defensive moves. (like giving the spear knights the ability to block the whip with the spear and then grab the chain to pull the character towards them.)

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 05:28:16 PM »
I'm surprised the Belmont's never whip them selves. Imagine if
Richter wasn't paying attention and he whipped a monster, it ricocheted back  and hit him in the face....that would suck!

Also, speaking of whips, does anyone else have the Vampire Killer whip from konami.com? It's pretty cheesy I know, but I like it and it's good for the collection
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Mr Sven

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 06:29:45 PM »
I don't, but i was planning to get one of these - http://www.whipstore.com/bullwhips.htm

It might be a little while yet as i still have a sword and axe to come in the post and funds for these kinda toys is few and far between.

but promise pics if I do get one.
Legio XIII

<-------- It's mee!

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008, 12:06:14 AM »
#everyone

I didnt mean to imply in my post that I thought one hit would kill ya but that one hit is all youd want =D

And yeah anything other than a leather whip would most probably be nighty night.

Also real whips of good quality are hard to find and are really expensive. I used to have a real bullwhip when I was younger hand made by native americans. Man it was awesome so yes trust me when I say one hit is all you want =D I hit mself many many times.

Anyway yes short of platting one yourself a good real whip you can depend on is hard to find for less than probably 400-500 bucks. I need to go to a bullriding convention and trade show next time they have one around here and see if I can any good ones on the cheap.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 05:17:55 PM »
ONe hit=deep gash=wound gets infected=Game Over.

Tags: