Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania America  (Read 9929 times)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2008, 03:25:14 AM »

3. Realism...No vampire hunter could do flips and kong fu moves lol.

Maybe it's just me, but vampire hunters aren't very realistic to begin with....

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2008, 12:56:58 PM »
The OP's point was moot. God of War is very UNREALISTIC with it's moves, yet it's an American game and is pretty damn popular.

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2008, 01:09:01 PM »
As the bosses are now even cv1 simon could dodge them by simply walking away or past the boss. Proof: Play boss rush in hod as cv1 Simon. :P

Yeah but Simon is so badass his 2D CV1 sprite could easily take out any of the 3D bosses of CoD, not even kidding! ;D
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Azrael_End

• Awards
Re: Castlevania America
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2008, 06:49:53 PM »
Actully I have played several Castlevania games....
Curse of Darkness
Lament of the Inoccent
Dracula X Chronicals
The Orginal SoTN
Dracula X
Super Castlevania 4
Circle of the Moon
Simons Quest
Bloodlines
Arial of Sarrow
Dawn of Sarrow
Mind you I had never finished some of these games but have played them but I was just giving opinions since I live in a region where Castlevania isnt popular. But you have not right what so ever to call me out like some of you did. They where just opinions on a game that I enjoy but would like some change in. I can do that since I am American.

Yes and about the art style....I am happy they are bringing back the old gothic style but I was stating that people prefear the gothic style. Anime was only feature i belive in Ariel of Sarrow Dawn of Sarrow Dracula X any others i would not know.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2008, 07:12:07 PM »
I see what the OP is saying, but honestly, Castlevania isn't Final Fantasy or DoA. I don't even know what Dead Or Alive is, but I don't like Final Fantasy and I'm okay with Castlevania being not as popular as those are. It means less retarded fanboys of one single game and forsaking all the rest of them.

I do agree with you on the horror aspect. I don't think we need to turn CV into a survival horror (nor would I want that) but making the game a little more gruesome in places might be kinda cool.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2008, 07:47:37 PM »
Ariel of Sarrow

Are you serious? I mean, that's not even a mis-spelling, it's a completely new title!

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2008, 08:09:33 PM »
In Reply To #19

Actually, Dracula X Chronicles uses the gothic style. The original Rondo of Blood used the anime style, as did Bloodlines. To some extent, so did the N64 games and CotM.

As for being called out, an opinion has every right to be challenged or argued. THAT is also what it means to be American.

Offline Marto

• Kojima fan :)
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Marto's Art
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2008, 11:19:23 PM »
To the opening comment - do you just NOT want CV to be CV? Whips aren't working?.....eeeeeumm.....that IS castlevania. Go play Devil May Cry if you want swords, because I say CV is nothing without its whips.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2008, 11:33:47 PM »
Exactly. I never get why everybody wants everything to be everything. You should play CV BECAUSE it's "Castlevania". There are so many other games out there to choose from if CV isn't doing it for you. It's not like there isn't survival horror games out there, or more realistic games out there.

While I do like Final Fantasy, people with that series are exactly the same. They want all these strange changes, espcially wanting it to convert to American-styled views. That alone is just pure wrong. Don't like Japanese games, play American games. Simple as that!

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2008, 07:24:10 PM »
In Reply To #23

Dude, DMC is awesome. Just bought the three pack a few days ago. And about Ariel of Sarrow... sounds like a twisted spin-off of "The Little Mermaid"...

Stigma Black

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2008, 10:07:57 PM »
I don't know man, something about the bad spelling and the bizarre posturing of these demands makes me think this thread was started by a troll.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 10:09:52 PM by Stigma Black »

Genya Arikado

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2008, 10:08:53 PM »
I don't think changing the game forumla at this piont will help, it's good as it is.

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2008, 06:09:36 AM »
In Reply To #1

I totally agree with you!  Oh, I also think that they should put sharp barbed wire into every box of Captain Crunch instead of the actual cereal, since kids need to learn about how rough it is in the real world, instead of being treated to a rediculously great tasting breakfast.

...my point is everything you pointed out will never happen from a realistic standpoint...
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2008, 08:20:31 AM »
In Reply To #28

No! You can't put barbed wire around Cap'n Crunch! I would starve, the cereal is so good! :P

Tags:

anything