Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse HD  (Read 8650 times)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse HD
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2013, 06:38:43 AM »
SO WHO'S GETTING IT TOMORROW

If the game is out in Europe tomorrow, then yes!!

One thing I don't like about this remake is the new jumping animation for Mickey. It looks less epic when he doesn't stretch his leg and arms like he did in the original. And it looks floaty. Or jerky. Can't decide which. The original had slow and graceful jumps. SO I WON'T BUY IT ANYMORE!!1 Just kidding. The game looks excellent so I can live with the new, less nicelooking jumps. :D
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 07:03:53 AM by shelverton. »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2013, 01:45:15 PM »
Interesting, someone can show any new videos or images here? Since we only got this very old kotaku news. :-/
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2013, 01:13:33 AM »
The PC port is really bad, locked 30fps and upscaled 720p....
luckly I found quite a few fixes, Its a shame they put the 30fps limit because I truly appreciated the animation work after I patched the game to 60fps

In all its a technical bad, but with Google it's a good port

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2013, 07:12:35 AM »
I tried the demo.   The controls are really, really loose.  And that's really a bummer since it requires lots of precision platforming.  I'll stick with the original.   :(

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2013, 01:20:00 PM »
I've downloaded and played a few stages.
Just as with Duck Tales Remastered (and years ago Dracula X Chronicles), I think this isn't more than a mere curiosity.
I'll have the original games (Duck Tales, RoB, CoI) any day over the remakes.
I think this will always happen when you take an excellent 2D game and remake it with modern graphics.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2013, 01:23:39 PM »
I've downloaded and played a few stages.
Just as with Duck Tales Remastered (and years ago Dracula X Chronicles), I think this isn't more than a mere curiosity.
I'll have the original games (Duck Tales, RoB, CoI) any day over the remakes.
I think this will always happen when you take an excellent 2D game and remake it with modern graphics.

Post some images, pretty please :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2013, 03:21:58 PM »
I thought the demo was pretty fun. It's visually very impressive and I like that it's not always strictly a sidescroller, that at key points you can move in all directions. I think it's nifty.

But where the controls become an issue for me is the Crash Bandicoot style running away from the apple. It works in Crash because the controls are so tight and you can pick up all the items, but I had the damndest time picking up items AND dodging logs the whole way down.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2013, 10:57:43 PM »
Post some images, pretty please :P
They would be photographs of my computer screen, but OK, I'll do it tomorrow.
I will try the PS3 version, because the PC version has an input lag of half second or one second, and that makes it unplayable in a platform game.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2013, 12:57:21 PM »
They would be photographs of my computer screen, but OK, I'll do it tomorrow.
I will try the PS3 version, because the PC version has an input lag of half second or one second, and that makes it unplayable in a platform game.

You know what the "PrintScreen" button does right? You can try to press it, paste it in a image editor like Paint and see if it works. Now if you will play it in a PS3, yeah, phtographs will be needed :p
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2013, 01:48:55 PM »
I can't use PrintScreen when in full screen mode, it pastes all black background images.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2013, 02:56:05 PM »
Yeah, some games do that, what a shame :(
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2013, 03:38:42 PM »
Anyone here had the same problem with the input lag in PC?
When I press a button, Mickey does that command like a second later.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2013, 04:21:58 PM »
This game is running fine apart from that? If yes, then it hardly can be your PC fault.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2013, 01:16:26 PM »
It works perfectly apart from that. I could run Bioshock Infinite in my PC, I don't think it is the computer, it must be something from the rip or a mistake from the game.
It runs OK in PS3, though. But the controls are better in the original.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2013, 01:57:17 PM »
could an old version, from what I read up the v1.0 of the game is pretty much garbage

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Tags:

anything