Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: GTA V - Thread of the GAME OF THE FOREVER  (Read 6621 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: GTA V - Thread of the GAME OF THE FOREVER
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2013, 11:25:45 AM »
Another of the reasons why I don't own any of the GTA games is due to them (besides being virtually the same entry every time like Joe Madden's football or NHL) is that they are just a little too serious for my liking.

While Saint's Row is really funnier, I disagree with you about it being too serious.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2013, 12:34:38 PM »
I should certainly hope GTA isn't too serious. If you take to the criminal heists and murderous sprees with any kind of solemnity, you shouldn't be playing it!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 01:57:44 PM by Intersection »
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2013, 05:54:47 PM »
Saint's row the third still has the bigger prick, lol  ;D

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7417o1gJq1qzozj1.jpg
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2013, 07:22:28 PM »
Getting my copy tonight right after work.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2013, 07:32:33 PM »
Saint's row the third still has the bigger prick, lol  ;D

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7417o1gJq1qzozj1.jpg

I know, I've played only a bit of this game but I've noticed its funnier than GTA. I only wanted to show that GTA have some sense of humor too xD
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2013, 07:51:58 PM »
Already got my copy rdy for DL on my ps3 at midnight!

Offline Beaumont_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Haunted Pixels
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2013, 02:21:53 AM »
I've never really been interested in GTA, outside of Vice City. And that was only because it was released at a time in my life when you could say "The 80's!" and I would throw wads of cash at you. I don't think I've ever played one for more than three hours. I don't really like the crime genre, unless it's as silly as Saint's Row is.

"Where's the button to turn myself in?"
He's back! The man behind the mask!

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Hau auu~     

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2013, 11:04:49 AM »
Well as you might suspect my absence from the forum is due t the game of the forever and I'm here to elighgten you, kifflom!

Another of the reasons why I don't own any of the GTA games is due to them (besides being virtually the same entry every time like Joe Madden's football or NHL)
WTF each GTA couldn't be more different, the only similar ones being III and IV for being gritty and mafie driven. GTA V is the most varied of them all with most missions not involving killing. In words of Dan houser, GTA V is more of a tourism simulator than a murder simulator.

is that they are just a little too serious for my liking. That's what I've come to like about Saint's Row. The first two  games were on a more serious tone, but even then the over-the-top nature of saint's row the third and IV had it's seeds planted in the second game. I bet GTA doesn't have a fast food chain called 'Freckle Bitch's' lol!

It's clucking bell :P

And you can custimize your haircut, beard, tatoos and clothes.

I'm forced to start caring about the GTAs and CODs and WOWs of the world cause my favorite franchises are deader than Dracula in 1999. At least outside Japan.
I dislike Wow and COD because they are generic. GTA is the most anti generic game I've ever played. I know some of you prefer eastern sensibilities but if you're in the mood of a crime movie, GTA V is the best one since goodfellas.
Sometimes I feel like I'm one of the very few who have not cared about this series in any way since Vice City. Based on how much hyped most people I know are about this.
We've come a loong way my friend.

If you prefer this

to this

That is only the visible part of the south part of this

There's something wrong with you :P

For those saying V is not fun and boring and "just the same" watch this "clueless gamer" review by Conan o'Brien, it's not only funny (as the man is!) but makes lots of good points :)

http://teamcoco.com/video/conan-highlight-clueless-gamer-gta5

Everything comes full circle

Offline Beaumont_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Haunted Pixels
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2013, 05:23:03 PM »
"If you prefer Game A with an outright goofy sensibility to Game B with a serious tone but satirical sensibility there's something wrong with you."

I'll stick to Saints' Row, myself. Grand Theft Auto is too cynical even for me.
He's back! The man behind the mask!

Tags:

anything