Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Starting points of games (fan games as well as regular)  (Read 2170 times)

Offline Johnny

• Hidden Character
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Change is inevitable.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
Starting points of games (fan games as well as regular)
« on: September 23, 2013, 11:59:25 AM »
I think its interesting how games started out. For example Megaman Unlimited started basically as a Flash Movie. Certain other games like Neverwinter Nights were based on Dungeons and Dragons which is a card/board game. Grand Theft Auto started off as a PSX game with SNES-like graphics and turned into what it is today. Prince of Persia, was a small game on the PC made by Jordan Mechner and now look at it. Could any of us be the next big developers with the small games, concepts, etc. we have?

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
Re: Starting points of games (fan games as well as regular)
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 02:46:27 PM »
Your answer: Minecraft.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Johnny

• Hidden Character
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Change is inevitable.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 02:52:41 PM »
Your answer: Minecraft.

I suppose if that's the case Little Big Planet would count as well technically.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 03:28:58 PM »
Little Big Planet is that game for PS3? If so I cant say anything about that, since they could afford for a PS3 devkit.

I've mentioned Minecraft because they came from nowhere, did a very simplistic game in Java and then became famous.

I woul like to mention a even better example, that being Cave Story. This guy did everything from scratch and totally alone with the game being 100% free, then years later a guy finds him and this game became famous (again) being released for PS360Wii and a remake being made for 3DS.

If this guy come from nowhere, did everything alone without using existing things and could reach this, everyone can do it. You only need luck.

IDK anything about Worms, but its a example of simple game that could survive until now. I've only played it on Wii with my friends.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags:

anything