Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Gamemaker Studio Standard Edition is Currently Free (50 Value)  (Read 5381 times)

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2014, 08:23:19 PM »
We already have a thread about this, friend :) I'll merge the topics.

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Re: Gamemaker Studio Standard Edition is Currently Free (50 Value)
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2014, 10:58:52 AM »
I have studio but I havent used it much. I dont like the changes to add the sandboxing so it could be used for html5. Thats my main turn off. It breaks all the file i/o functions or limits em in some way to greatly restrict loading/saving/using outside resources. Thats a huge deal breaker for me cause 99% of the time all I use GM is for the engine structure. I use all external resources and 9 times outta 10 make my own editors vs the built in room editor. So Im still stickin with 8.1 for the foreseeable future. Hopefully the change theyve mentioned with the licensing system on the old versions wont keep use from usin 8.1 as long as we want

Tags: