Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Bloodlines BETA 0.5 : I own it  (Read 24812 times)

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Bloodlines BETA 0.5 : I own it
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2014, 10:18:55 AM »
No crisis, I'm not the owner of the 0.1 version. Ebay member Kaorutaro has it.

I have the 0.5 version, a copy of the mythical TARA200 version

There are two versions? I thought the mystery was finally solved.   :(

Jayfenwick

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2014, 10:59:19 AM »
It's solved for the 0.5 version. I think there is only the stage 1 in the 0.1

Offline discoalucard

• Admin
  • Administrator
  • Hunter in Training
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2014, 12:17:31 PM »
There are two versions? I thought the mystery was finally solved.   :(

There was a .1 prototype that popped up on eBay a few weeks ago and sold for nearly $2,000. But, the seller didn't provide any information about what was on it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Castlevania-Bloodlines-Sega-Genesis-Konami-Demo-1993-Prototype-RARE-/191033951958?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2c7a82c6d6

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2014, 05:42:06 PM »
Interesting. Bloodlines is one of my favorite CV games.
@Jayfenwick So I was browsing that forum you linked. It seems that you have a rom of the beta and you want to make catridges out of it, thanks to your spanish friend. And then when you get enough money you'll share the rom for free, is that it?
Well please tell me when that happens, because I'm broke  ;D

Jayfenwick

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2014, 08:14:56 PM »
I don't think so. Sorry...

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2014, 09:21:21 PM »
For the record, $500 is apparently low-balling (though I didn't expect my offer to be taken seriously).
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Jayfenwick

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2014, 10:36:01 PM »
it's a pity, it began to be interesting

Offline Beowulf

• Belmont Wanna-be
  • Hunter in Training
  • SOUL STEAL
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2014, 11:45:50 PM »
If you have a rom of it, i dont see why you wouldnt share it out. Even if you made repro carts of it, the price is still the same on the repros compared to rom. I know the rarity is nice and to know that you are one of few people have the rom and have gotten to play it, isnt that kinda too much bragging on having such data as this? Especially releasing info on it being a rom. Im not trying to be mean about it, but it was best if you made repros and sold them first before releasing the info on it being in fact a rom you obtained.
Dear Konami. Where is my Castlevania?

Offline Odile Kuronuma

• I'm ze man errr.... woman
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2014, 04:36:05 AM »
I understand that you want to get your investment back, but being too greedy is never good.That french forum also mentions that you put the cartridges on ebay, but then you took them down. If your plan was to sell cartridges and not make a dump of the rom and share it, you should have said so from the start. Sorry dude but your lack of honesty is what causing you not to find buyers .

Why not give a price per cartridge and see if we're interested. You don't actually expect for someone to spend 500 dollars or more on a single cartridge. Except if it's a collector .
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 04:41:07 AM by Odile Kuronuma »

Offline mindbender

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2014, 12:44:32 PM »
I was wondering what happened to this cartridge a month ago, cool to see it's still being passed around.

It sounds like you spent quite a bit, so I wish you the best of luck in recouping your money and time. Hopefully us poors will eventually get to experience the prototype at some point.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2014, 01:11:07 PM »

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2014, 02:02:29 PM »
Now doing things that way and being upfront with the cost (and showing some screenshots instead of just linking to another message board) makes a bit more sense.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline mindbender

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2014, 02:29:30 PM »
I just realized that I stumbled upon the OP's post on assemblergames from last year when I was reading about this a month ago.

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?46969-Castlevania-Bloodlines-prototype-beta-version

Did you really pay the $2500 yourself to get the rom from simon_belmont?

It's a real shame that folks there were outbid by $30 for the 0.1 prototype.

Offline discoalucard

• Admin
  • Administrator
  • Hunter in Training
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2014, 03:10:14 PM »

Well, remember the way eBay's bidding system works, we have no idea what the max bid was. It was probably much higher than the $1900 or so it ended up as.

It is unfortunate, but we also had no idea what was on the cartridge.

Jayfenwick

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2014, 02:09:13 AM »
I just realized that I stumbled upon the OP's post on assemblergames from last year when I was reading about this a month ago.

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?46969-Castlevania-Bloodlines-prototype-beta-version

Did you really pay the $2500 yourself to get the rom from simon_belmont?

Yeah, I paid $2500 to get the rom. I did a real sacrifice.

Tags: