Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania III, Archemedes Dracula's Shadow and The Lost Vikings  (Read 3012 times)

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Registered Massholevaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Smashing controllers since 1982
    • Awards
I had a thought about Dracula's Curse as a possible remake. Seeing as how it has so much support behind its remake being done consider this. Doing a version where Trevor has all three comrades at his disposal. I.E. where there are climbable walls Grant would be used. If there is a magical obstacle that can be bypassed or destroyed by fire, ice or lightning then employ Sypha. If you have to fly as a bat then Alucard is at the forefront. As for Trevor he can swing on hooks with the whip and attack other enemies while swinging. These would be scenarios where there are no walls to climb or they can't be climbed there are no problems requiring magic and where flying just isn't practical. It's a fellowship of the bloodline. This reminded me of the home brew Dracula's Shadow and the Lost Vikings games. I figure as long as the switching between characters is fluid it would work really well. In light of LOS2 I must think that the next CV game is going to be excellent and if not a 10 than maybe a high 9. Otherwise the series may be over.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 10:41:06 AM by Simon Eyes Her »

Remember my name and know this. I have Suffolk Down Syndrome.

Stop me if you've heard this one.
A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"
ULTIMATE FOURTH WALL BREAK!!! That just happened!!!

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
Re: Castlevania III, Archemedes Dracula's Shadow and The Lost Vikings
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 02:59:03 PM »
This is one of the concepts I've been toying with for my own fan project. As an official game it would definitely be a fresh take on the original with some interesting possibilities.
"Stuff and things."

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 05:11:41 AM »
I'd definitely go for a true team-based CV ala Lost Vikings.

Offline GummiCandyful

• Vampire Hunter
  • Lurker
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 03:28:53 PM »
A remake with those features would be pretty cool as it would feel as though you're playing a new game altogether. But if if those features were not to be implemented at all, I'd still be happy since it's Dracula's Curse which is my favorite game anyway.

The Triforce of Fuckery

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 11:30:28 PM »
It always irked me that CV III didn't allow you to have more then one companion to run with you. So I'd be more then willing to see a CV III update that includes every character in one playthrough.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 02:52:39 PM »
A remake with those features would be pretty cool as it would feel as though you're playing a new game altogether. But if if those features were not to be implemented at all, I'd still be happy since it's Dracula's Curse which is my favorite game anyway.

Totally agree, only with new stages and bosses and in totally 2D :).

It always irked me that CV III didn't allow you to have more then one companion to run with you. So I'd be more then willing to see a CV III update that includes every character in one playthrough.

Like in the Julius Mode in DoS? I vote for that...
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Tags: