Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: IGA's new project finally teased at PAX?  (Read 54255 times)

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
Re: IGA's new project finally teased at PAX?
« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2014, 09:07:06 AM »
I may end up hated for saying this, but I kinda hope it takes a little bit.  After my crazy summer dealing with the heart stuff, our budget has gotten a lot tighter, and probably will be for a few months.  I'll want to be able to so support the KickStarter when it does go up.

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2014, 12:32:16 PM »
I'm surprised nobody has actually asked him anything on Facebook yet.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2014, 04:05:51 PM »
hay boy, why dont YOU ask him thru fb & let US know what he says 

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2014, 04:49:55 PM »
Something occurred to me while making dinner and listening to one of my CV Soundtracks...

...copyright laws mean we probably aren't gonna get any amazing renditions or remixes of our favorite CV music, are we? :-(  I'd expect (hope) in any of IGAs future work there will still be awesome, catchy tunes...but no familiar favorites.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2014, 05:03:21 PM »
Something occurred to me while making dinner and listening to one of my CV Soundtracks...

...copyright laws mean we probably aren't gonna get any amazing renditions or remixes of our favorite CV music, are we? :-(  I'd expect (hope) in any of IGAs future work there will still be awesome, catchy tunes...but no familiar favorites.

That is the worst part of the game not being of the Castlevania IP. :(

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2014, 05:40:51 PM »
This has been disproven by Koumajou Densetsu, though.
The tracks are soooooo inspired by CV, but aren't! :P
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2014, 06:10:35 PM »
One track's even pretty much a cheery remix of Moon Fight, called "Full Moon Duel". They're not even bothering to be subtle about it.
Man, doujin circles can get away with almost everything. lol
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2014, 06:38:57 PM »

Good point... but even without renditions or remixes of classic themes, if the music composer gives the correct direction, we will have music acording to the game, like the old Castlevanias. But agree with you in the expectations of catchy music. Even LoI and CoD has that type of music, and is very Castlevania-ish.
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #113 on: September 11, 2014, 11:50:20 AM »

Well, it technically ISN'T going to be a Castlevania game, so no iconic songs will be present. I don't doubt IGA will carry on the spirit, though. We'll likely get a lot of Castlevania-esque sounding stuff, which I honestly can't complain about. I mean, even the most recent CV games kinda turned their back on the iconic sound. If IGA can give us a "not-Castlevania"(like Inafune seems to be doing with Mighty No. 9, and it looks and sounds FANTASTIC), so be it.

I'm kinda wondering, if it become a "thing", as in "big thing"(an eventual series), are we going move all talk to Hardcore Gaming 101 sub-board or are we going to get a new spin-off board specifically for it(kinda like how some Final Fantasy sites have spin-off sections for the Mana games and Bravely Default, games not directly connected, but still somewhat related with themes and, well, "spiritual essence")?

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #114 on: September 11, 2014, 07:43:05 PM »
Jorge-sama said a while ago that it'd be in HG101.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: September 12, 2014, 11:38:46 AM »
^it is as he says.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #116 on: September 14, 2014, 06:01:48 PM »
What happens to the "real" Castlevania franchise then, if this turns out to be what we think?

It will be interesting to see the reaction from Konami should this be a success.
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: September 14, 2014, 06:30:45 PM »
+1
What happens to the "real" Castlevania franchise then, if this turns out to be what we think?

It will be interesting to see the reaction from Konami should this be a success.

Here's Konami's reaction beat to beat:

"Whew, at least he isn't ripping off Metal Gear or we'd have to shut him down faster than you can say Bomberman."

Offline Anonym

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: September 15, 2014, 11:18:44 AM »

I'm guessing they will do what capcom did with mega man after the mighty no9 KS, next to nothing? And that was arguably a huge success.

Of course, they might be so impressed they will allow Iga to use the Castlevania franchise, give him free hands and some extra cash to boot.

A man can dream....

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #119 on: September 15, 2014, 03:33:33 PM »
+1
I'm guessing they will do what capcom did with mega man after the mighty no9 KS, next to nothing? And that was arguably a huge success.

Of course, they might be so impressed they will allow Iga to use the Castlevania franchise, give him free hands and some extra cash to boot.

A man can dream....

I think Konami wants AAA money, and no disservice to the quality of this series; this doesn't fit in the AAA arena of games today. The only games of its ilk are the Souls series and Bloodborne, but that is because they were outliers to that type of model.

I mean, the Lords series was their attempt at making an AAA Castlevania, and outside of the first game, weren't the second and third titles significant financial failures?

Tags: