Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The first sign rises with the full moon.  (Read 546288 times)

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: The first sign rises with the full moon.
« Reply #1140 on: May 15, 2015, 09:40:25 AM »
+1
Anyone else realize it seems like IGA is trying to make his OWN SOTN?

Think about the story for a bit.

Mankind ( Alchemists ) perform ritual using orphans...( two survive it ) the others are sacrificed. Gebel and Miriam survive throughout this process. Gebel becomes totally engulfed by the spell ( full vampire ), Miriam doesn't ( Half vampire half human).... Gebel swears to seek revenge on the alchemists ( Dracula seeking revenge for killing lisa)... Gebel apparently wishes for Miriam to join him but she doesn't and instead goes after Gebel into the castle ...( Alucard and Dracula ....)

It even has Miriam wake up from a lonnnnnng slumber ( like Alucard waking up )

It's definitely a NotSOTN type of tale and honestly I love it. It's different enough but you can see the parallel. People have been saying Gebel is the notAlucard but in reality it is the beautiful Miriam that will be our Alucard.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1141 on: May 15, 2015, 10:12:04 AM »
+3
Sorry for the double post but Ben Judd just commented me back on Kickstarter...

Me:

@Ben Judd

You are the man for helping make this happen. I only hope that the team can get the kind of magic needed to somehow re-create the feelings I got when I first played SOTN. The level of subtle detail in that game was astounding. The dialog while cheesy ( in the English version) felt totally gothic and of that time period. I love it.

Ben Judd:

No, no, no. It's YOU GUYS, that are the ones making this happen. IGA is such a nice, nice person and no one deserves this more than him. Gamers empowering devs is such a great thing. Oh... and trust me, still many megatons left to discuss. Keep your eyes peeled on the kickstarter!

EXCITE

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1142 on: May 15, 2015, 10:25:37 AM »
+1
I gotta agree that Iga seems super chilled and cool in his interviews.

While there are some things he did with Castlevania that I wasn't 100% happy with, he really does deserve all the praise and support he gets.

I think his best days as a developer are still ahead of him.

I just hope that we also get a Castlevania that we can be as excited about. However we have to come by it.

The worst monsters are human.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1143 on: May 15, 2015, 10:31:59 AM »

Ben Judd on kickstarter responded again saying:

I'm not going to spoil it by revealing everything just so elate some of the concerns... But I will say this: IGA gets it. He knows what people want and you'll probably be getting it. Personal likes/dislikes aside. Keep those comments coming! Lord IGA is watching!

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1144 on: May 15, 2015, 11:44:24 AM »
+1
Holy shit, is the new update saying IGA's planning a Classicvania mode too?

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1145 on: May 15, 2015, 11:52:22 AM »
+4
Yup!

Classic mode rearranges the level designs to make it like classicvania, gets rid of the RPG elements, and it's apparently gonna be six stages from the game. Enemies are stronger, you are weaker.

This game seems like the ultimate NOTCastlevania for fans. Bringing both groups together and making all of us happy.

Offline Castle34hk

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1146 on: May 15, 2015, 11:57:00 AM »
YESSSS!    ;D  8)  $2 million! To celebrate, we've got two updates coming today ;D

Source: https://twitter.com/swordorwhip

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • twitter.com/esperware
    • Awards
« Reply #1147 on: May 15, 2015, 12:05:40 PM »
Dude thats exactly what I was saying a few days ago! Thats awesome!
http://www.anathemagame.com

Follow me on Twitter @esperware

Officially Greenlit on Steam!

Offline aalluuccaarrdd

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1148 on: May 15, 2015, 12:47:01 PM »
Also about the SOTN simularities. "Ritual of the Night" / "Symphony of the Night" it's pretty close.

Everything I hear about this is like adding hype on hype I can't believe this is happening!!!

Offline Charlotte-nyo:3

• Bloodstained is our hope
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #1149 on: May 15, 2015, 12:51:56 PM »
I'm curious but I kind of assume the classic mode will have bottomless pits. While IGA has said he personally doesn't like them, he knows some people are fine with them and the Rondo remake stayed true to the original and had them where Rondo did despite IGA's involvement.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1150 on: May 15, 2015, 12:53:02 PM »
Also about the SOTN simularities. "Ritual of the Night" / "Symphony of the Night" it's pretty close.

Everything I hear about this is like adding hype on hype I can't believe this is happening!!!

Yeah, I think it's a conscious decision to try and recreat his own SOTN.

Offline aalluuccaarrdd

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1151 on: May 15, 2015, 12:55:04 PM »
OK i finally backed it, for the $60 physical edition. Take all the time you need w this Koji-san, make it the best you can!

I've been a lifetime Castlevania fan, and have bought many games, but most of the Iga games I played on emulators. I feel like contributing mainly to say 'Thank you' for those incredible games, and as a vote in favor of more experiences like that. Earlier today I was playing OoE and was jumping from tree to tree shooting lightning at crows. That is the kind of awesome supernatural experience you don't get it most games.

Offline TheCruelAngel

• Sportin' Boxes since 1998
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #1152 on: May 15, 2015, 01:19:20 PM »
This is pretty cool of them:

A Reward For Crushing Our Expectations
We probably shouldn't have doubted you. Once upon a time, back before you shattered our Kickstarter goal in one day, we thought you'd be getting the Diamond Lens right about now, with plenty of castle stretch goals still to unlock.
Instead, because you are amazing, you've ALREADY hit the bottom of the castle. Once you unlock the Retro Level and Classic Mode it'll just be you and the locked door to the castle dungeon, where some very big stretch goals—ones we only dreamed of including—lie in wait.
That means your Diamond Lens, which you are about to lock, is worthless: you've already seen the Castle goals.
If you had to destroy our carefully planned backer achievement system, we're glad you did it like this.
As a reward, then, you've earned five bonus achievements, effective immediately. That brings you within two of the Malevolent Medal, and 12 away from unlocking the Basement Key that will let you collect all the stretch goals you're about to start earning.
Since you didn't really get a chance to use it, we've also asked pixel-IGA's personal jeweler to transmute your Diamond Lens into a Diamond Loupe, which will magnify your view of the castle room in which you find yourself. It should only take a few days, so we'll explain its new powers as soon as it's ready...

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1153 on: May 15, 2015, 04:21:38 PM »
This next goal sounds like a Classicvania! Holy shit!

That did it for me, backing now.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 04:32:15 PM by OSM »

Offline TatteredSeraph

• Queen of the Damned
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1154 on: May 15, 2015, 04:51:38 PM »
+1
Looks like I have enough to be able to make a pledge for a physical copy of the game.  I'm going to go for the PS4 version, as I'll probably end up with one at some point (I blame the trailers for The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt, I love the Wiedzmin tv series and books).  Does anyone know however whether the physical copies will be US localized, however, even for international, non-US pledgers?  (I know this is a bit of a daft question, but it's suddenly struck me!)
"Blood is Family. Blood is Power. Blood is Everything"

Tags: