Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Bad Memories.  (Read 9568 times)

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« on: April 10, 2008, 11:58:47 AM »
Post your bad memories about video games, if you had any.
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 01:03:36 PM »
Ummm...

I remember getting my ass wupped by Mokujin in Tekken 3 so bad, I took the CD out the ps-x & snapped it in half.

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 01:23:35 PM »
I was playing FF VIII and i have lost several times to omega weapon and i've got so angry that i smashed the game pad to the ground.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Xain

• FIRE! FIRE!
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Bad Memories.
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 03:13:17 PM »
This was a while ago...i was playing Alien Trilogy (i think) on the PSX and i was getting annoyed that the game would not auto save.( i was used to that) so i saw this option to format my memory card. i thought this would enable the auto-save....well of course i was wrong....i deleted my memory card and all that was left was that fucking game. i cried for a while...i had a MGS VR missions file on there that was 3 first place records away from being 100% complete. I also had various rpgs and other important saves on that card. WHO THE HELL PUTS THAT OPTION IN A GAME!!!!!!!

MM Battle Network Sig Project. And on the third day, Dr. Light said, "Let there be Roll."

Offline Ed Oscuro

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 07:44:05 PM »
yelling at goldeneye

Offline Oralox

• BANNED
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 08:20:12 PM »
Getting really pissed off when fighting Metroid Prime and F-Zero Gx's story mode. Then I broke my wavebird.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 06:54:17 AM »
Hearing all this hype for Final Fantasy VII, then playing it to find out that it sucks just like all other Final Fantasy games.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008, 12:14:04 PM »
Ha, I just had sort of a bad one last night. Getting through the last Pacifism challenge on Contra 4 was an absolute bitch. Not fun at all.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2008, 12:34:22 PM »
Post your bad memories about video games, if you had any.
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline Ed Oscuro

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 05:03:34 PM »
Ha, I just had sort of a bad one last night. Getting through the last Pacifism challenge on Contra 4 was an absolute bitch. Not fun at all.
Getting through any challenge past the fifteenth was tough :(

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 02:16:58 AM »
This was a while ago...i was playing Alien Trilogy (i think) on the PSX and i was getting annoyed that the game would not auto save.( i was used to that) so i saw this option to format my memory card. i thought this would enable the auto-save....well of course i was wrong....i deleted my memory card and all that was left was that fucking game. i cried for a while...i had a MGS VR missions file on there that was 3 first place records away from being 100% complete. I also had various rpgs and other important saves on that card. WHO THE HELL PUTS THAT OPTION IN A GAME!!!!!!!

wow that sucks man, yeah if that happened to me, I would have taken the game out put it in my car driven to the middle of the woods, shot the shit out of it stomped it into the ground and lit it on fire with a gallon of gas. That's fucking evil. I feel for ya losing all that data. That's a lot of hard work gone.

I remember back in the day when I first got the 1st zelda for my ol' nes. Oh god this must have been like I think 1988 or so. I got it shortly after I got the nes for my 4th christmas. My dad used the excuse at the time cuz he wanted it too. ;D So my dad and I are taking turns in the game every night after he gets off work and he's reading me all the text parts cuz I can't read yet and we manage to get through like the 3rd dungeon 2 weeks later and decide to call it a night. So we go to resume where we left off the next day and the files gone!. Little did we know that the nes had a tendency to erase saved data if you didn't hold the reset switch down. My dad got so pissed that he took the game back to the store and exchanged it for Metroid the next day. I also got so pissed playing super street fighter from a street fighter collection disk that I used to have when I couldn't beat Major Bison that I pulled the disk out of the tray and threw it in the fireplace! (it was lit too!)

Getting through any challenge past the fifteenth was tough :(

Yeah the challenges are gay. I just play the story mode. It fuckin' rocks.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 02:27:05 AM by The Last Belmont »
_______________________________________ ______________

Offline Darth Cariss

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 09:12:21 PM »
Medal of Honor, Turok, any Final Fantasy game past the Nintendo.

Yeah. Bad memories.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 07:27:13 AM »
About 5 years ago, I was playing thru Grant Turismo 2 doing the dealer races (which were really annoying because you'd have to buy a usually crummy car and try to tech it to where it would be driveable.) Anyway, I get to the Dodge races and one of them is a Dodge Neon Cup.  ::) I play this race I kid you not, at least 25-30 times and lose pretty much every time. I finally try it again and I'm winning only to hit a bump and have every car zoom past me at the last second.

I get pissed, I punch a wall. Split my knuckles and cause damage to the wall. Definitely not my finest hour.  :P

Offline CVfan13

• Devil Forgemaster
  • Master Hunter
  • Graveyard Duck
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 06:52:40 AM »
In Reply To #1

Umm... I tossed my GBA SP at the wall after getting frustraterd after being cnsecutively killed by Death in CV Classic NES series. Yeah. It broke and thats how I discovered that the screens of many devices contain ink that spills inside the system when cracked.  ;D
"I am the morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night!"

Offline Slayer

• The Prince of a town called Bel-Air
  • Master Hunter
  • The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2008, 12:38:52 PM »
----------------------------------------------
Tetris world record, set.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3mxSPWAn4

Tags:

anything