Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Dark Oracle  (Read 2785 times)

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: May 06, 2016, 05:25:05 PM »
Hey folks  ;D been awhile since i've posted anything productive at least game-wise lol so i thought it was a good time to let this one out; I've been working on an all original game i had an idea on quite some time ago, Dark Oracle.  This is one of the bigger things that put the brakes on CV3 (no worries, wont be permanent  :P).  The last few months i've gotten heavily into 3D art and modelling as well.  Anyways, enough of the BS, here's the story  ;D

Dark Oracle:
(plot still has loose ends, not fully set in stone just yet)
The game wraps around 2 brothers, Samael and Draven.  The story starts out explaining that at the dawn of time, before God created mankind, he created his Firstborn.  The Firstborn were created in God's own image, beautiful and powerful beings but lacking 1 crucial element; a soul.  Learning from this failure, God created a 2nd kingdom - mankind.  This made the Firstborn furious and jealous, and enjoyed nothing more than slaughtering as many humans as they could, to push humanity to brink of extinction.  This enraged God, but since the Firstborn were created at near perfection, they were too powerful for him to destroy, so he cursed them to never again walk in the daylight, to become Vampire.  As a counterbalance, a 3rd kingdom was born - the Lycanthropes. 

(yes, yes, i know, underworld...but hey, it doesn't get much more badass than vampires and werewolves fucking each other up  8) )

The Lycans know only one purpose - to wipe the vampires from the face of the earth. 

The main timeline is based somewhere in the 1700's.  I'll fast forward the plot to the main characters, Samael and Draven.  The game will start with both brothers escaping from execution, both raised themselves and stole any chance they could to survive.  As they run through the forest from the townspeople, these radically fast and powerful flashes surround them, slaughtering their pursuers.  Eventually, they catch a glimpse of a vampire feeding on a human, then a lycan suddenly appearing and fighting with the vampire.  Before they know it, a vampire appears, swats Samael like a fly and attacks Draven.  Slipping in and out of consciousness, Samael sees his brother bitten, then another Lycan appears to attack the vampire, but the Vampire is too quick and powerful, and escapes carrying Draven with him.  When Samael awakens, he notices he is bitten, but not in the same way as his brother, but bitten by a Lycan. 

Fast forward again lol
The Vamp that grabs Draven is named Reignold Bertram, and is one of the oldest living Firstborn.  Draven awakes in a mountain chamber, surrounded by humans shackled to the wall around him.  Reignold appears and basically corrupts Draven's mind, telling him humanity has given up on him, that his brother is cowardly and weak and has abandoned him as well.  This is all a plot to help aid Reignold to bring about the well of souls, which will basically cause an eternal eclipse and wrap the world in darkness forever.  So in the end, Samael is out to save his brother and kill any Vampires in his way, while Draven is out to kill his brother along with the rest of the world.

Here's a couple of shots to show how its coming:

There will also be an upgrade system similar to DMC/God of War where you collect "Bloodlust" to gain new attacks and abilities, as well as "Dark Gifts" that will awaken dormant abilities needed to complete the game

Close to the start of the game, you'll encounter a strange merchant while trying to sneak into your village via the sewers.  This strange man will reveal to you why you are the way you are, revealing much of the plot at the beginning.  But the big twist is, he reveals he is Satan, there merely as guide and observer.  Basically divine intervention shit lol.  But the biggest kick being that when Satan was still God's right hand, he was the one tasked with creating the Lycans, therefor he also has some extras to help Samael along the way.  When asked why he does this, he simply replies "Ruling Hell has become mind-numbingly boring.  Your war with the Vampires is MOST entertaining!!  I haven't had this much fun in centuries..." I'm basically making him uber crazy, but one definitely not to fuck with lol. 

I'm making the game with Clickteam Fusion 2.5 as well as some Daz3d and Blender.  The game will also have HD cutscenes as well and is running at a smooth 60fps in 720p.  Can't reveal too much more at the moment lol  :P but thought it was time to share this and hope you all enjoy what i've dropped on this so far  ;D

Almost forgot, the OST will be all original as well, here's 2 tracks for you, hope you dig it!  8)

Bloodbourne Conflict - Samael's Theme
http://www.mediafire.com/download/c4ddlr237b4y7ou/Bloodbourne_Conflict_-_Samael%27s_Theme.mp3

Cadaver Waltz - Caverns
http://www.mediafire.com/download/k4cwhh68d2ib4pb/Cadavre_Waltz.mp3
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 06:14:59 PM »
Renders are a bit basic (but that's not an issue since you said you're still working on modelling), and it's clear it's still very early on, but it looks mighty interesting already.

The GoW reference in the HUD (which could stand to be a bit brighter/more pronounced) gave me a chuckle.  :)

Edit: Is that Cloud's wolf emblem?

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 12:03:40 AM »
I think the text on the UI and menu screen doesn't pop out as much as it should due to the grey on grey. You could try making the text lighter-colored.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 01:28:55 PM »
Thanks for the input guys  8)

Drac9- yep, that's clouds lol but it's just a placeholder for the time being.

VladTC: thanks for the info dude, I'll try out some other things and see if I can make them jump out more  8)
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Tags:

anything