Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The Legend of Castlevania  (Read 10538 times)

Offline Wallz!

• Hunter in Training
  • Experimental fan games galore!
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2016, 11:49:16 AM »
*listens*

These use the Ultimate Megadrive Soundfont, don't they?
The soundfont file I have is called "GenesiSF". The Konami Arcade soundfont was used as well.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2016, 11:52:54 AM »
Had a feeling it was one or the other.

The trouble with preset YM2612 banks is that there's no way to tweak how they sound. I'd strongly recommend you get into a VST by the name of VOPM, and load .OPMs straight from Genesis titles to have a wider control and range over the sounds.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Wallz!

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2016, 11:57:56 AM »
I'll look into VOPM. I'm quite the amateur when it comes to these kinds of things, but I've been trying to look into how to better emulate the sound I'm looking for.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2016, 12:34:33 PM »
There's also this one, though it takes a bit of work to get going and it's not particularly new-user-friendly if you're unaware of what everything means.

http://www.ym2612.wonthelp.info/

VOPM is also a bit of a learning curve for starting out, but not as much as YM2612VST, I opine.

But to give you an idea of how the two VSTs can sound in conjunction (and bear in mind I just threw this together in like ten minues):

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/tlozygsp8w5ezz5/bigbattle2612.mp3?dl=0
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 12:40:22 PM by Dracula9 »

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Wallz!

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2016, 06:32:50 PM »
Small update time!

Big shoutout to OSM for allowing me to expand upon his mockups!

Work on the project has been slow recently, however I've been adding some new features and ironing several bugs, so it's progress none the less. Trevor now has a dodge move - very similar to Richter's in RoB, however, it doesn't allow you to gain height. It's simply a quick jump back to dodge melee attacks. You perform the action the same as in RoB, however you must be a little closer to the ground. It's hard to explain, but at the moment it feels good.

I'm continuing to revise level one, this time considering the expanded maneuverability and different enemy AI. Once the level is beatable, you guys should expect a demo. I'm bad with time, but I would say within a week or two.

In other news, I would love if anybody was willing to help me with some character base sprites. Basically, it would be a great help if I could have someone draw 1 frame for the characters and enemies in this style, and I would finish animating and touching things up. While it's not necessary, the game would be prettier faster.

As for the music, I've actually taken a liking to YM2612VST. I'm still figuring out all the bells and whistles, but in combination with VOPM the results can be astounding. Thanks for the pointers Dracula9.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2016, 10:27:53 PM »
Considering I've terminated my involvement with pretty much every other project I was on, I'd be happy to join. I could make full character and enemy (small to medium enemies, that is) sheets for it depending on how large you need it. My skills also include arranging/remixing songs (i do midis, I haven't ventured into FLstudio and other such things yet) as well as artwork. Just pm me with what you need done and I'd be glad to help.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2016, 11:49:49 AM »
I am definitely feeling the look of this game. Has a Super Mario All Stars vibe to it. Hope you are adding some Easter Eggs and Hidden New Stuff in the game as well.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Wanhus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2016, 06:14:09 AM »
If i understood correctly...
Bloo so you aren't working with my game no longer?
Nice to read this in another persons topic, well you didn't do anything within the 5 months I gave you so I ques its ok.

But to keep on topic..
Yes like some on stated before the skeletons were a bit too "ribbed".
Also for some reason the music mix for me did not feel right.
I really loved the hud thou, I have been doing something similar based on circle of the moon hud.

But looking good, keep up the work =)

"in the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king"

Tags:

anything