Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Code C (a blatant Chinese knockoff of Castlevania for mobile)  (Read 741 times)

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Code C (a blatant Chinese knockoff of Castlevania for mobile)
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2020, 11:16:19 PM »
The Code C team paid a decent amount of copyright fee to Konami for usage of Castlevania IP, but as the copyright of Ayami Kojima artworks in the Ayami-involved games currently belongs to Ayami herself and not Konami they couldn't make the deal

So if I am understanding this right, Konami has to give her money if they want to use the characters she made? But she didn't make Alucard and Richter aside from their SotN looks, and she surely didn't make Shanoa...

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Vampire Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Re: Code C (a blatant Chinese knockoff of Castlevania for mobile)
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2020, 12:23:34 PM »
So if I am understanding this right, Konami has to give her money if they want to use the characters she made? But she didn't make Alucard and Richter aside from their SotN looks, and she surely didn't make Shanoa...
I'm really not buying this guy's story in the slightest...
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Tags: