Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: A word of warning: PSP Slim...  (Read 23693 times)

Offline Clara E. Leet

• Legendary Hunter
  • It's still Maridia
    • My Deviantart
    • Awards
Re: A word of warning: PSP Slim...
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2007, 10:57:21 PM »
In Reply To #47

The PS3 kinda does a similar thing. TVs which don't support at least 420p get shitty resolution for the graphics. Any screens that don't have P res of any kind get shit for graphics with the PS3. My Boss has an old bigscreen TV which doesn't have that high of resolution and he traded his PS3 back in because it looked so terrible.

Offline bobby digital

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2007, 09:36:21 PM »
In Reply To #47

The PS3 kinda does a similar thing. TVs which don't support at least 420p get shitty resolution for the graphics. Any screens that don't have P res of any kind get shit for graphics with the PS3. My Boss has an old bigscreen TV which doesn't have that high of resolution and he traded his PS3 back in because it looked so terrible.

What do expect from a console made for higher resolutions?  The 360 does the same thing.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2007, 12:29:48 PM »
In Reply To #48

That sucks! What they SHOULD have done if they were smart is actually give people the OPTION to either play it on a regular tv or a HD state of the art tv. I didn't think it was possible for a company to be that stupid but apparently Sony is going for the record.  :P

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2007, 01:02:01 PM »
"Regular TVs" aren't gonna be around forever, HD "state of the art" is gonna become the norm within the next 10 years.

Sorry, but it's true.

Offline bobby digital

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2007, 03:23:10 PM »
In Reply To #48

That sucks! What they SHOULD have done if they were smart is actually give people the OPTION to either play it on a regular tv or a HD state of the art tv. I didn't think it was possible for a company to be that stupid but apparently Sony is going for the record.  :P
Uh, Sony lets you play on both TVs. A high-defintion image is going to look like crap on an SDTV even when the electronic components being used don't have the Sony logo.

Also in case you hadn't heard, analog TVs are dying.  Best Buy sold its last one a couple of days ago.  It's not so "state of the art" as much as the norm now.

Offline DoctaMario

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2007, 09:42:11 PM »
In Reply To #51

Yeah, but that's 10 years. I think they're anticipating the market by quite a few years. Most of the US is still using dialup internet, so it'll be awhile before everyone has a hi def tv in their living room.

Offline The Last Belmont

• Seasoned Adventurer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2007, 06:09:56 PM »
In Reply To #5

I'm guessing he has an older TV without the Component Cable input slots.

"MODERNIZE, MAN!" -Random 'Simpsons' guy-

Seriously, who doesn't have Component Cable input nowadays?

I've got some old tv's that don't but all my gaming ones do, the thing that really pissed me off the most gamingwise was when I got my n64 and it didn't have an RF adapter, this was back in like 96 when most of the population still had the coaxle only tv's,I had been saving for like a whole year to buy it and now nintendo pulls this shit? Alright maybe they figured most people already had one with their older consoles so I could see the reasoning behind leaving it out. So I grab the RF adapter from my snes and get it plugged into the tv and everything then I got to plug the cable into my N64 and there's no jack. So's I go to target (where I bought it from) via my mom and ask the guy what's up? And he tells me you have to buy a special RF adapter just for the n64 that comes with a special piece with the RF jack on it that plugs into the back of the n64, man did I get pissed, I kept my cool in the store but I was fuming. So my n64 sat on a shelf in my room for a month, cuz I had to save up another 30 bucks to go buy a part I already had for a little add-on. I was pissed at nintendo for a long time. I mean that was just shit. Whoever made the decision to make it impossible to use your current RF adapter and force you to go out and get a "special" n64 one when most of the country stil had coaxle only tv's must have been retarded.
_______________________________________ ______________

Tags:

anything