Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1096122 times)

Offline Garlie

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #1740 on: June 16, 2016, 10:46:57 AM »
Hi! I'm currently in process of making a Castlevania fan-game in RPG Maker 2003, and currently need sprites. (I myself am not very talented in spritework.) SO, if anyone would like, please contact me or just respond to this comment with the spritework.
I am in need of RPG Maker 2003 sprites for:
-Juste Belmont
-John Morris
-Shanoa
-Johnathan Morris
-Simon Belmont
-Trevor Belmont.
Thank you so much!!! :)

http://www.spriters-resource.com/

here you will find all.  ;)

Offline FieryHellraiser

• The color of that soul... you must be a Belmont.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1741 on: June 16, 2016, 07:08:17 PM »
http://www.spriters-resource.com/

here you will find all.  ;)

Like I said, I need it for RPG Maker 2003. As in a bird's-eye-view type RPG. Spriters Resource has sprites for all the characters,
but for sidescrolling games.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1742 on: June 17, 2016, 02:42:15 AM »
Like I said, I need it for RPG Maker 2003. As in a bird's-eye-view type RPG. Spriters Resource has sprites for all the characters,
but for sidescrolling games.

Why not RPGMaker XP? there is a custom battle script that allows for more flexible animation and sprite size.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Garlie

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #1743 on: June 17, 2016, 04:43:30 AM »
I make a RPG Maker Castlevania to.
But i use the RPG Maker VX Ace.

Here a picture from my Battle system:

it's not finished yet.
But think can soon start with the main game. ^^

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1744 on: June 17, 2016, 04:39:52 PM »
A sidescrolling battle scene exists, just look at RPGs like the older Tales games (Tales of Phantasia).
People have made RPGs with sidescrolling sprites.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline FieryHellraiser

• The color of that soul... you must be a Belmont.
    • Awards
« Reply #1745 on: June 17, 2016, 04:54:51 PM »
Alright, I guess I'll look into the scripts for RPG Maker VX Ace. Where would I find these scripts? Just on the Steam workshop for the game?

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1746 on: June 20, 2016, 01:52:09 PM »
Concepts for Alucard's wolf and bat forms.

The bat was redesigned to look "scarier/more menacing" in contrast to the original's "elegant" style. More prominent edges and angles, less obvious curves. Its wings don't even make much sense, but I opted anyway in favor of a new visual.

The wolf was simply made to look better. I kept the purplish color scheme so there's a connection, but reworked the entire design. The original was simply too ridiculous. I plan on doing one more concept for the wolf, though.

Oh yes, I kept the weapons out but I plan on adding them further down the line.

The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1747 on: June 25, 2016, 03:28:53 PM »
What would be the best way to properly extract the tilesets from the DS games with proper palettes? I imagine it may be more complicated than this.

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #1748 on: June 25, 2016, 04:46:33 PM »
What would be the best way to properly extract the tilesets from the DS games with proper palettes? I imagine it may be more complicated than this.

Using GLiNtercept. It will extract tilesets on their correct palettes -- and also on the incorrect ones. In the end, you'll have to manually pick amongst the wrong ones for the right one.

On the bright side, the amount of graphics extract will not be so many you'll spend the entire day picking through garbage. It's pretty easy to sort out what you want from the rest.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline ShadowOne333

• Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1749 on: August 23, 2016, 02:39:40 PM »
Hello community!

I have started a project recently called Project Choir of Redemption.
The goal of this project is to change all of the art style (or at least the character portraits) of both Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin from overrated anime style to an art style close to that of Kojima.

Here's the original thread and you can check out the progress of the hack here:
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,22445.0.html

We are looking for sprite artists who can help with the art of the portraits to make them closer to the Kojima style.
We already have some of them done, but not all of them, and we would certainly appreciate any help!

All we need right now is just someone who can edit an indexed image with Gimp, Graphics Gale or any image editor which supports indexed PNG images.
Here's the source portraits:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bts7381gbfvgadm/DoS%20Portraits.rar?dl=0

I already know how to import them into the game, you can watch a quick edit I made here:

And here you can find some of the portrais we have changed so far:

If anyone is interested in helping out, please post it in the RomHacking thread or send me a PM either in here or in RH too!

Offline Holy Diver

• Have been down too long in the midnight seas
  • Vampire Hunter
  • You probably don't know what I mean tho
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1750 on: August 24, 2016, 07:40:06 AM »
First sprite was originaly made for some kind of a contest, but then I lost interest in it.
Originaly it was supposed to be a mage, but I didn't really like it so I made it to look like a modern age Richter Belmont, just for the hell of it.
I don't intend to finish him, anyone can use him for whatever reason they want to, if you are editing it I'd like you to credit me for the original, albeit it's not necessary.

The others were made just recently so that I can practice NES limitations, because I like challenges.
They have their original sprites, new sprites with original palettes and with palettes I intend to use for now.
Simon is somewhat based on his SC4 and Chronicles designs, as is zombie and of course Alucard is based of his SOTN design.
For now I will continue on remaking sprites from Castlevania 1, and maybe some from Castlevania 3 so I'd like to hear some critiques.
If I learn what is what in Tile molester I might even make this into a hack (when I try to edit Castlevania 1 it gets pretty groovy,
I don't recognize anything, Castlevania 3 is on the other hand pretty easy to edit, I made a hack once but I somehow lost it),
but for now these aren't used anywhere.

Gotta get away

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1751 on: August 26, 2016, 06:52:29 PM »
First sprite was originaly made for some kind of a contest, but then I lost interest in it.
Originaly it was supposed to be a mage, but I didn't really like it so I made it to look like a modern age Richter Belmont, just for the hell of it.
I don't intend to finish him, anyone can use him for whatever reason they want to, if you are editing it I'd like you to credit me for the original, albeit it's not necessary.

The others were made just recently so that I can practice NES limitations, because I like challenges.
They have their original sprites, new sprites with original palettes and with palettes I intend to use for now.
Simon is somewhat based on his SC4 and Chronicles designs, as is zombie and of course Alucard is based of his SOTN design.
For now I will continue on remaking sprites from Castlevania 1, and maybe some from Castlevania 3 so I'd like to hear some critiques.
If I learn what is what in Tile molester I might even make this into a hack (when I try to edit Castlevania 1 it gets pretty groovy,
I don't recognize anything, Castlevania 3 is on the other hand pretty easy to edit, I made a hack once but I somehow lost it),
but for now these aren't used anywhere.

You might want to work on 3 different things with your techniques.
Pillow shading, which is a pit many spriters fall into, but can be stopped early.
Banding, which makes everything look blocky, and was used a lot in old arcade titles.
And your colour choice makes it look pretty pasty.
Tutorials and explenations for all 3 can be found here: http://pixeljoint.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11299

In no way did I say you are not good at spriting/pixel art. You're fairly good for a beginning artist. Keep improving and you'll be great.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1752 on: August 27, 2016, 01:24:41 PM »
Speaking of pixel art I got an itch and finished two sheets in two hours last night. ;-;
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 08:53:54 AM by Bloo »
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #1753 on: August 27, 2016, 11:25:24 PM »
@Bloo: The first spoiler tag has no pictures. Please re-upload them.

And also new sprite contest: http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=8788.msg193328#msg193328
I killed the old one. I hope this one would interest you guys more, especially with an actual physical prize for the winner.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1754 on: August 28, 2016, 08:54:11 AM »
@Bloo: The first spoiler tag has no pictures. Please re-upload them.

fixed it