Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Digital Comics Akumajou Dracula ~Lament of Innocence~  (Read 12279 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Digital Comics Akumajou Dracula ~Lament of Innocence~
« on: March 16, 2014, 09:30:33 PM »
+2
Due to this topic being brought up time and again...

This is a translation of the story snippet that was written on this review site:
http://www11.ocn.ne.jp/~ocomplex/o-cvtxt.html
and
http://www11.ocn.ne.jp/~ocomplex/o-cvtxt2.html

For those who are interested in looking at the original post, the only part that I translated is this portion.
For example for chapter 1:
◆1話「決戦!魔天朧月宮」
―――ヴァルターの居城・最上階に上がってきたレオンは、宿敵ヴァルターと対峙する!物語はいま始まる…―――
So, all postings on the site that looks like that one is what I just translated. The rest of the post per chapter will not be translated since I am lazy. mwahahahaha! Well, in fact I don't want to waste time translating the fangasms that pepper the review. After all, I really want to read the manga itself and not the review.

Preliminaries:
1. By the way, Koutei, may you please contact the owners of that site to share the manga, if they still have it?
2. CV Wiki addicts might want to add stuff to the wiki. Keep the story parts that were listed there, just add the snippets I wrote in between the chapter title and the story tidbits that were listed.
3.  Disclaimer: Once again, this translation was made by yours truly for the entire Castlevania community. Please credit me if you are posting this somewhere else. I did this translation to the best of my ability. If there are any typographical errors or mistranslated parts, please do not hesitate to inform me. And enjoy! (at the same time feel the anguish of not knowing everything...argh.)

Alrighty, here's the translation of the snippets:
================================================================
Chapter 1: Decisive Battle! Pagoda of the Misty Moon
Leon climbs towards the castle's top floor and faces his nemesis Walter! The story begins now...

Chapter 2: In the Battlefield
Leon and Matthias the genius tactician were working together. No enemy would dare fight the strongest.

Chapter 3: The Land of God is Eternal
The activities of Leon and Matthias were praised. in the midst of the blessings of the city, there was a loved one.

Chapter 4: One who Waits
Matthias's wife Elizabetha was waiting happily for her husbands return, but...

Chapter 5: Dark Shadow
Matthias was overwhelmed by grief due to the loss of a loved one. He falls into the dark shadow of despair...

Chapter 6: Under the Crimson Moon, Light is Covered by Darkness
The things darkness brings. Those who fear the night gradually embrace doubts regarding the existence of the Church and God.

Chapter 7: The Game Begins
The castle was in a horrible state. Leon, worrying about Sara, advances to the top floor, but...?

Chapter 8: One Beloved by the Eternal Night
A red haired vampire announces a "game". Even though they would be sinning against God, Leon and Matthias as expected...

Chapter 9: Now, Down with Walter!
In order to regain the one he loves, Leon rides a horse towards Walter! In front of him appears...?

Chapter 10: Entrusted Hope
Rinaldo, an old man who lives at the edge of the forest, entrusts weapons to Leon. In order even out Walter's brutal game...

Chapter 11: Walter's Welcome
Leon was wondering about the friendship between Rinaldo and Matthias, but... Finally he enters the castle! But as expected...

Chapter 12: The Power of Alchemy
Leon becomes aware of the hidden power of the whip while attacking the onslaught of enemies.

Chapter 13: An Encounter in the Castle
A woman Leon encountered in the castle was wary of him. Then, an enemy attacked...?

Chapter 14: The Girl Named Rieza/Riiza (*note the Wiki gives the name Liza but the Japanese romaji of this character's name is Ri-za, note the long vowel sound, and not Riza, short vowel sound, for Liza)
The girl with the holy silver arrow, Rieza. The reason she entered the castle was...

Chapter 15: The Reason for Fighting
Leon discarded his knighthood in order to fight. Rieza's reasons for fighting seems to be the same, but...

Chapter 16: Different Beliefs
Revenge, to bury the dead... different beliefs cause them to fight!

Chapter 17: Given Ordeal
There must be a road somewhere that leads to Walter. Where on earth is the enemy?

Chapter 18: Joachim Armster
Leon fights his own shadow. Then, hesitation awaits a formidable enemy!

Chapter 19: One Chosen by a Vampire
Joachim talks about the past while facing Leon.

Chapter 20: Eternal Collapse
Leon struggles under Joachim's attacks. At that time, from behind...

Chapter 21: Prologue to a Fierce Fight
Joachim was successfully defeated by Leon and company, but Rieza was critically hurt and has no power left to run away... First part of the final round!

*Chapters 22 and 23 are missing in the site referenced above..

Chapter 24: Medusa's Past
Leon knew the secret of Medusa's birth.

Chapter 25: Fate
Succubus and Justine appears in front of Leon and Rinaldo. At that point, the past hidden by fate...

Chapter 26: Rinaldo's Anguish
Succubus tried to conspire and separate Leon and Rinaldo, but...

Chapter 27: Justine's Tragedy
Justine attacked Leon. The laughter of Succubus continues...

Chapter 28: Walter Appears
Walter finally looms between Leon and Rinaldo!!

Chapter 29: Sara's Rescue
The action taken by Walter who laughs at Leon's counter attack is!?

Chapter 30: Time of Happiness
A disturbing shadow creeps towards Leon and Rinaldo after rescuing Sara.

Chapter 31: Cursed Church
Rinaldo talks about the only clue to defeat Walter and that is...!?

Chapter 32: 2 Wounds
Rinaldo was startled by the facts surrounding this suspicions of the suffering Sara.

Chapter 33: Crimson Stone
It was a year ago. The events that befell Matthias in despair...!?

Chapter 34: Mystery of the Lithograph
Leon advances towards the church...

Chapter 35: Baby
Leon confronts the resurrected golem. The intention of Walter's laughter is...?

Chapter 36: Walter's Birth (part 1)
The mystery surrounding Walter's birth is now revealed!!

Chapter 37: Walter's Birth (part 2)
The life of the babe or one's own... The decisions of a pregnant women who made a contract with the devil...!?

Chapter 38: Succubus's Mention
"You are also a badger in the same hole", Succubus's words left Leon in anguish...

Chapter 39: Duel! Walter vs. Leon
Leon confronts Walter at the castle's top floor... The final battle begins at last!

Chapter 40: Blood Contract
In order to defeat Walter, Sara sacrifices herself to birth the Vampire Killer.

Chapter 41: The Clan that Hunts the Night (parts 1 and 2)
The best of friends, Leon and Matthias clash at last!? The last round!!

There you go. The End.
I need the manga now.... :'(
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 02:35:25 AM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
Re: Digital Comics Akumajou Dracula ~Lament of Innocence~
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 09:48:29 PM »
1. By the way, Koutei, may you please contact the owners of that site to share the manga, if they still have it?
The negotiation has already been done, and it turns out that it is impossible.

http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Akumaj%C5%8D_Dracula:_Lament_of_Innocence_(comic)/Archive
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 09:57:27 PM »
Oh hey thanks  :)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 02:40:58 AM »
@Koutei:あぁ…残念…
@GuyStarwind: You're welcome.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 02:51:21 AM »
ありがとうございます。 :)

Yeah, I think I tried 2 years ago to contact the people who wrote that blog, but they didn't have it anymore because they changed phones or something. So close...

I found the author's twitter, but she hasn't been active for almost a year or so.

Shiroi, could you perhaps check something for me? In chapter 9 does Leon get's attacked by wolves? I thought I read something like that in the blog, but I wasn't sure. If those wolves killed his horse it would explain why he comes running into the forest during the beginning of the game.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 03:02:27 AM »
Shiroi, could you perhaps check something for me? In chapter 9 does Leon get's attacked by wolves? I thought I read something like that in the blog, but I wasn't sure. If those wolves killed his horse it would explain why he comes running into the forest during the beginning of the game.

Leon was attacked by a herd of wild dogs. What happened to his horse was not mentioned.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 03:36:34 AM »
Thanks, and that happens before he encounters Rinaldo, right?

This manga adds so many great things to the lore of the series. Walter's backstory blows away every one they attempted to give Dracula.   

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 04:20:37 AM »
Yes. Leon encounters the wild dogs first and fights them magnificently.

I also think there is more to Matthias's backstory than what was written on the blog. But sadly, we will never know.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 04:41:00 AM »
Do you think mailing Konami would help? Maybe they have a spare copy lying around somewhere...

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2014, 04:47:50 AM »
It could be done but it must be written in Japanese and sent to Konami Japan.
I believe Koutei is more suited to write that letter than me.
But we have no guarantee if they will cough that data up.

Tags:

anything