Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Radio Chronicles  (Read 10164 times)

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« on: September 06, 2013, 07:11:38 AM »
Wahahahahahaha!
FINALLY!!!  ;D

Here's a link to the entire radio talk show via nico nico douga.
http://www.nicovideo.jp/mylist/9173244
This lacks episode 6: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4854296

You have to have an account before you can listen to this.
Oh and there are no English translations.

I do not intend to translate this either, since after listening to the first episode, I concluded that this is a lifestyle show hosted by Shinichiro Miki. It's fun to listen to, but there's no substance. I'm just in for the voice actors.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 12:17:31 AM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline Pfil

• How I miss the old days...
  • Master Hunter
  • Quit treating me like a child!
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS)
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 03:41:35 PM »
They talk about Castlevania?
Or are just some SotN voice actors in there?
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 11:24:37 PM »
The voice actors are from the nocturne of recollection drama.

There is not much talk about Castlevania, maybe when IGA is a guest at the later episodes.
This feels like a light-hearted radio show hosted by "Richter", then the voice actor goes out of character all the time, maybe because it is on a free talk* mode. So he starts saying stuff about himself. hehehe.

Oh and he reads fan mails that answer the questions for the regular topic portions. Then comments on it.

*Free talk: the host can say whatever based on some topics that are given by the staff.

Ep 2 has a guest from Konami Digital Entertainment. They were talking about OoE. Since this game is still in development, they can't say everything about the game. There's this "crab".

Ep 3 also has the same guest as before. He was giving instructions to the initial gameplay for OoE to Miki-san who plays the game.
Miki really sounds like an excited kid. "Wow that great big sword came out" --> Miki's reaction on the activated glyph.
Then they were continuing the conversation on the crab boss.

Ep 4 has Masaya Matsukaze (Lyudmil) as guest. They were talking about the radio drama which will air in the next episode.
Lol. Shinichiro was saying that Richter does not say much in the drama, while he was so talkative in this radio show.
Masaya was happy that Lyudmil is an original character so the staff said that he has the freedom to create the character, unlike Mamoru's Alucard.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 12:43:09 AM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 01:26:58 AM »
I'm inclined to give it a go, but with my (almost) N3 japanese level I don't know if I will understand more than just a few words here and there.
Now I'm tired, eternally walking... forever dying, and never stopping. I feel in sorrow, all I see is white. I’m following a blind way beneath a sad sky.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 03:33:47 AM »
The dialogue is not that difficult to understand.
Although you might have to catch up with the speed.

Ep 6
Mamo and Miki are great as a comedy duo!

IGA appears!

SotN talk
X in the Dracula X -anything can be done and the goal was to make a game easier for women.
The good thing that came from the image change for the series: IGA got a message from a 30 yr old woman, who thanks to the package illustration picked up the game and was able to finish it.

OoE talk
Female lead for OoE, helps increase the motivation for the creators/staff, the idea came from the users who want to play a strong female lead.
Once more the crab talk.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2013, 03:44:32 AM »
The dialogue is not that difficult to understand.
Although you might have to catch up with the speed.
I'm terrible at listening in speed, and when a word I don't understand comes up I miss a lot of words.
I'll try, however.

SotN talk
X in the Dracula X -anything can be done and the goal was to make a game easier for women.
The good thing that came from the image change for the series: IGA got a message from a 30 yr old woman, who thanks to the package illustration picked up the game and was able to finish it.
Worked for me!  ;D
They catched me forever!  :)

OoE talk
Female lead for OoE, helps increase the motivation for the creators/staff, the idea came from the users who want to play a strong female lead.
Once more the crab talk.
I want japanese back in CV!!!  :'(

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 01:00:31 AM »
Worked for me!  ;D
They catched me forever!  :)

hehehe. Me too!

-------------
Ep 7

Mamo and Miki played history shiritori.
You have to use historical characters or places and play the shiritori game. Miki won. Mamo has to act like a cat and say a line to Miki.

IGA appears again and he talks about Judgment.
Obata was free at the time they were requesting for illustrations. Since Oogata wanted to challenge himself drawing CV characters, he accepted.

Back to the crab talk. Crabs also appeared in Gradius 2 and Detana Twin Bee.

Ep 8

Matsuki Miyu (Maria) is the guest.

They were talking about Maria both the Judgment and the drama. The " maria's insecurity with her boobs scenes" from Judment were also mentioned.

Then back to random talk.

Ep 9

Random fan mail reading and commentaries.

Ahahaha. Since OoE was already out, Miki said that borrow your kid's DS for a while in order to play the game, after all the CV series has a long history.

Ep 10

Daisuke Namiwaka (Alexis) is the guest.

Miki always told the staff to let Daisuke guest, but he was always busy until this episode.

For the voice actors being called to be a cast in CV is a dream.

They played a game where they would say the feelings of random objects. Miki won. Daisuke has to act like a preschooler and say one line to Miki.

Ep 11

Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Cyril) is the guest.

They were talking about the drama and some random stuff.

They have to play a monomane (impressions of animals, things, people, etc.) game.
Miki lost. He has to act like a school girl and praise Suzuki.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 12:44:29 AM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 12:05:44 PM »
Mamo and Miki played history shiritori.
You have to use historical characters or places and play the shiritori game. Miki won. Mamo has to act like a cat and say a line to Miki.

What is shiritori?

IGA appears again and he talks about Judgment.
Oogata was free at the time they were requesting for illustrations. Since Oogata wanted to challenge himself drawing CV characters, he accepted.

Who is Oogata? Or you meant Obata?

Matsuki Miyu (Maria) is the guest.

They were talking about Maria both the Judgment and the drama. The " maria's insecurity with her boobs scenes" from Judment were also mentioned.

I've found in wikipedia that she acted in Haiyore! Nyaruko-san as Cthugha (Kuuko), never noticed that since I've only listened this drama years ago.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 12:07:31 PM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 12:43:55 AM »
What is shiritori?

There's always google. Shiritori: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiritori

Who is Oogata? Or you meant Obata?

Yeah typo. It is quite hard to simultaneously type in English while listening to Japanese.

----------
Ep 12

Junichi Suwabe (Magnus) is the guest for this episode.

Suwabe says that he is used to voicing bad characters and he enjoyed voicing Magnus.

He has played the CV series since the famicom era.

Ahahahaha! Suwabe said, "I want to be in a CV game, please." :)

They were talking about Suwabe's voice and other random stuff.

IGA appears!
Again the crab.
For the Konami staff/IGA, "If a crab appears in game, it is a good game."

Suwabe was given the game to play. In the background, I can hear, "Uwaa!" "Scary!" "Ugh!" While IGA was explaining the different endings and modes to Miki.

Then Shanoa dies while Suwabe was playing. Suwabe said that even if he has played the CV series, he has not cleared any. It is impossible according to him.

Then back to random talk. And cars since both of them love cars.

Suwabe once again said, "I want to be in a CV game, please. As a vampire hunter!"

Ep 13

He was reading fan mails and answered their questions.

IGA once more is a guest.
He talks Jugdment. He brought the game in the studio and he was explaining the command buttons of the game to Miki. Then they play the game.

He wanted both old and new fans to enjoy the game by bringing different characters from the series.
---------------------
Alrighty, I'm done! :)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 02:46:14 AM by Shiroi Koumori »

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 10:58:15 AM »
Yeah typo. It is quite hard to simultaneously type in English while listening to Japanese.

I've imagined that could happen, since mixing languages can turns it into a mumbo jumbo in our heads xD

There's always google. Shiritori: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiritori

Oh, so I knew what that was already but couldnt remember the name. I've asked you instead of google because I wanted a good explanation from you, since maybe you could explain it in a better way. :P
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 10:44:11 PM »

Not sure I like the implication that women can't do hardcore games.  :rollseyes:

On the other hand, that does explain the game's general easiness and the bishi-friendly art.

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 10:50:35 PM »
He wanted both old and new fans to enjoy the game by bringing different characters from the series.
Aahh, the simplier times!
So the fanbase was already divided... I wonder what kind of game would now satisfy both old and new fans...

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2013, 11:53:33 PM »
Oh, so I knew what that was already but couldnt remember the name. I've asked you instead of google because I wanted a good explanation from you, since maybe you could explain it in a better way. :P

If you can remember the food game that I posted on the Off Topic area. It is kinda like that, but shiritori requires to use the last syllable as the start of the new word. My food game just used the last letter, which is easier to do in English.

Not sure I like the implication that women can't do hardcore games.  :rollseyes:

On the other hand, that does explain the game's general easiness and the bishi-friendly art.

Most Japanese women I know don't even play video games. It is a cultural thing, men are the ones who are more accepted to play games. Right now, times have changed but, still not much women play hardcore games. They prefer casual games, or otome-related visual novels. The bishi art is the lure. hehehe.

Aahh, the simplier times!
So the fanbase was already divided... I wonder what kind of game would now satisfy both old and new fans...

Well at least he knows about the divide. Now, it is even more divided.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 01:07:43 PM »
If you can remember the food game that I posted on the Off Topic area. It is kinda like that, but shiritori requires to use the last syllable as the start of the new word. My food game just used the last letter, which is easier to do in English.

Yes, I know how to play it because of Umineko and I remember your Food Game Thread, why we stopped?
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Pfil

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2013, 01:19:31 PM »
Well at least he knows about the divide. Now, it is even more divided.
And it will be further divided if they keep screwing it.
Sometimes I don't even want to imagine what the next game will be.

Tags: