Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Climax Studios posts job listing on Facebook.. uses Castlevania picture.  (Read 20267 times)

Offline K.K. Drunkinski

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I just assumed it wasn't Transylvania since they went out of their way to avoid saying "Transylvania" for some odd reason, and the fact that they all have thick Scottish accents. And because of LoS2 having the modern city built on top of the castle look like some rich western European country instead of some remote place in eastern Europe.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
LoS wasn't in Transylvania?
I think they went out of their way to make LoS seem ambiguous regarding it's set location. The original series, on the other hand, kinda beat you over the head that it took place in either Transylvania or Wallachia(maybe even both). Personally, I'd love to see a focus on that setting, and I mean really take inspiration from the countryside.

BEATEN, but yeah. K.K. Drunkinski makes a good point. How the city was built around Dracula's castle makes it seem more Western Europe, where cities envelope castles and cathedrals. I don't that has happened with any of Dracula's old castles. Despite the modern world, they still reside in remote locations, as do some villages. The old canon, even in the modern times, Dracula's castle was away from heavily civilized cities. Even in the "not-Dracula's Castle" in DoS, the village on the outskirts seemed to be isolated. This isn't like London, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, or even Bucharest. Particularly some of those dense forests are still pretty wicked to think about.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
The holy explosion is in Transylvania, so I assumed that in LoS' universe Castlevania city is a big european metropolis in Transylvania.

Everything comes full circle

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
I would have loved to see more countryside levels in the first game, and heck in Mirror of Fate it would have been good too. I love seeing the world outside of Castlevania, with spooky scenery like cemeteries and forests, but more countryside imagery like that would be perfect.
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
IGA & his new studio will give us that type of game, a spiritual successor. I have no faith in Konami anymore.

This. I'm okay with the fact that the things I want out of Castlevania will be delivered by other games. See Volgarr the Viking and Rogue Legacy (maybe Shovel Knight too).

I'm not too confident in Konami's ability to deliver something I'll want out of the series again, but still curious about what they'll do next.

Offline Oniros

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
IGA & his new studio will give us that type of game, a spiritual successor. I have no faith in Konami anymore.
This. Not even when IGA was in charge I gave a crap about 3D Castlevania, sidescroller or bust. Konami is DEAD outside of Metal Gear, people need to accept that. None of their other franchises are relevant anymore and even if they were they wouldn't give them enough funding to make quality games that would do the franchises justice.
(click to show/hide)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
This. I'm okay with the fact that the things I want out of Castlevania will be delivered by other games. See Volgarr the Viking and Rogue Legacy (maybe Shovel Knight too).

The Lich Yard area of Shovel Knight has some CV-feels going on with it(even the music has a CV-style to it):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCcqot0W6tQ

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
This. Not even when IGA was in charge I gave a crap about 3D Castlevania, sidescroller or bust. Konami is DEAD outside of Metal Gear, people need to accept that. None of their other franchises are relevant anymore and even if they were they wouldn't give them enough funding to make quality games that would do the franchises justice.

Yeah. Aside from Metal Gear, Konami only cares about its card games.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)

I'm not too confident in Konami's ability to deliver something I'll want out of the series again, but still curious about what they'll do next.
I did NOT like Volgarr.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
I just wanted more Castlevania Rebirth games Konami ;__;

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards

Randy Marsh Nooooooooooo

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)

Same here, but I always assumed that they were just one-shot titles to begin with.

...we never did get Salamander Rebirth. ;_____________;

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I just want an announcement of something, anything Castlevania just to know where they're going next for certain. I'll worry about being happy or sad afterwords.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
I'm wondering why Dave's and the @CLOS Twitter pages have been so inactive.  :-X
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Because no one cares anymore and they don't have anything left to hype or make excuses for.

Tags:

anything